Preferred ore doubler of choice?

What's your prefered ore doubler of choice?

• Total voters

jokermatt999

Jul 29, 2019
While there's certainly more to tech mods than ore doubling, and you can easily use more than one, which tech mod do you build your base around and use to double (or more) your ore?

I tried to include all the main ones I could think of, but let me know if I forgot any. (AE is mainly in there as a joke option obviously. It can double ore, but that's not really its purpose.)

Edit: Annnd I forgot Tinker's Construct. Oh well. No way to edit the poll that I can see.

Last edited:

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
While there's certainly more to tech mods than ore doubling, and you can easily use more than one, which tech mod do you build your base around and use to double (or more) your ore?

I tried to include all the main ones I could think of, but let me know if I forgot any. (AE is mainly in there as a joke option obviously. It can double ore, but that's not really its purpose.)

Edit: Annnd I forgot Tinker's Construct. Oh well. No way to edit the poll that I can see.

for me it's definitely Tinker's Construct. combine fortune with smelting and you've a portable ore processing build that works on pretty much all the ores and can give you alot more output then the standard x2. throw in an electrical upgrade and it'll even be very cheap with it's processing and fast as hell
though on the downside it can't give you any of the extra output like for example the TE pulverizer does

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Thermal Expansion has long been my preferred method but there are a few I haven't tried, namely Factorization and Engineer's Toolbox. Both of those mods add ore doubling in a fairly novel way and I am going to give them both a try as soon a I can.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019

Added that TiCon option for you.

Reactions: jokermatt999

Emasher

Jul 29, 2019
Thermal Expansion has long been my preferred method but there are a few I haven't tried, namely Factorization and Engineer's Toolbox. Both of those mods add ore doubling in a fairly novel way and I am going to give them both a try as soon a I can.

If all you're doing is doubling ores, ET's method is pretty similar to the others (aside from getting one dust that smelts into two ingots). It's not until you start tripling ores that it get's interesting and you have to worry about setting up and feeding a kiln and everything.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
If all you're doing is doubling ores, ET's method is pretty similar to the others (aside from getting one dust that smelts into two ingots). It's not until you start tripling ores that it get's interesting and you have to worry about setting up and feeding a kiln and everything.
Yeah its the tripling mechanic that I am looking forward to. I am not completely clued up on it but I have skimmed the wiki and as soon as I get ender pearls I am going to go into Engineer's toolbox a lot. I played with it a lot in 1.5 but I see a lot has changed (for the better, especially the gascraft changes) and I can't wait to be able to craft a socket remote.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I really love the TE machines customizable input/outputs, but the fact that the pulveriser is so slow just bugs me. So I would have to have several of them to keep up with the ore input and its just much easier to set up a Macerator and dump 6 overclockers into it. But that might change with 1.6. But so far I have to say that at heart I would say TE, but in reality I have to say IC2.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Mekanism is by far the fastest and best way of TRIPLING ores, can do 7 STACKS at once at very fast speeds.

IMO nothing even touches it elite factories fully upgraded, side by side item transfer, priceless.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Mekanism is by far the fastest and best way of TRIPLING ores, can do 7 STACKS at once at very fast speeds.

IMO nothing even touches it elite factories fully upgraded, side by side item transfer, priceless.
That's my vote. The only thing that might beat a fully upgraded Mekanism factory is a HEAVILY upgraded IC2 equivalent...but that's a LOT of upgrades to reach comparable speeds when the extra I/O slots of the Mekanism machines are taken into account. Yeah, it might take some serious resources, but Mekanism still has the easiest ore tripling (sorry, Factorization) of any mod that includes it that I've yet come across.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
i`ve used IC2, TE, Mekanism and TiCo and i really can't decide which one i like more. however i can surely say, that IC2ex isn't gonna be on my list of ore doubling setup when(if) I'm gonna toy around with modded MC again.

The poll is also lacks RC's Rock Crusher and Ind. grinder(if it's still a thing) from GT.

Nanolathe

Jul 29, 2019
TE for doubling and tripling. The 100% 'bonus' product (or 75% chance of rich slag) while also tripling the ore is just... wonderful
:)

VolkovNB

Jul 29, 2019
I honestly love the GT Industrial Grinder. Give you x2 plus a few side items, and you put in a lot of work to get there.

Larandar

Jul 29, 2019
TE3 is cool for mass production ( Since you can easily pay for 4 pulverizer and 4 redstone furnace and put some item duct ).
But I do like IC2 EXP, more complex and less powerfull but to get it small we have to be smart ( AE and translocator FTW ).

I just run a massive quarry and I don't need triple except for Shiny dust, so every thing go to a TE3 method and it's enought ( I have 7k of iron... )

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Dartcraft's grinder makes dusts that you can then combine four of to create a clump that smelts for 5 ingots, adding a little extra oomph. Combine that with the extra nuggets from the Infernal Furnace and you get significantly more resources per ore.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
Dartcraft's grinder makes dusts that you can then combine four of to create a clump that smelts for 5 ingots, adding a little extra oomph. Combine that with the extra nuggets from the Infernal Furnace and you get significantly more resources per ore.

Does the infernal furnace produce extra nuggets on dartcraft chunks? I have yet to see it do so with TE3 pulverized metals - my current method of choice although that's because I know TE and haven't explored other options yet.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
No love but mine for the only ore QUINTUPLER(OR MORE)? The only thing RotaryCraft has against it is huge startup costs and generally slow speeds.