Why no new launcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

McyD

Jul 29, 2019
Strangely enough not all of us use twitter, and FTB does not list a twitter link on the forums.

However, thankfully Google is more user friendly:

"Turns out with some help from some very good friends. We have 1.6.4 packs running now on the original launcher."

Wow, really, how many of us have said to do this from the start? Better late than never I guess though.

Reactions: Ashzification

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Does it matter who has a leg up or not? No not really... packs will be released when they are ready not before. RR for instance is a great pack BUT it is in Beta stages and changes almost daily. I know this I play it myself and have alot of fun. But that comes with the risk of world breaking bugs and updates.

McyD

Jul 29, 2019
lol, almost every 1.6.4 pack has to change constantly as the mods are updating constantly. However, this has little effect on players except for updating frequently. Well that is if the pack maker knows what they are doing and does not introduce ID conflicts and etc.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
You realize RR has added and removed mods numerous times yes? In fact there was one mod removed that drastically changed worlds, removing layers of world gen leaving huge open spaces in the terrain. So yes that could be considered a world breaking bug, especially if you used those materials to build a majority of your base. I am not downing RR I love the pack, but it is Beta and if you want a Beta or alpha pack by all means use the ATLauncher, who does not test the packs which was the original point of my post. The RR team tests their packs along with all the people playing the pack.

So in closing I am done trying to explain something that some people just don't want to hear.

McyD

Jul 29, 2019
That would fall under "Well that is if the pack maker knows what they are doing and does not introduce ID conflicts and etc." Most of the packs on FTB are not put out by FTB, only approved by them, so the same applies to them as well.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Strangely enough not all of us use twitter, and FTB does not list a twitter link on the forums.

However, thankfully Google is more user friendly:

"Turns out with some help from some very good friends. We have 1.6.4 packs running now on the original launcher."

Wow, really, how many of us have said to do this from the start? Better late than never I guess though.
Jaded recently listed them. Strangely enough the list is only mod devs.

Edit: There's this other list though: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/team-twitter-accounts.34803/

Reactions: Flipz

Tybot

Jul 29, 2019
"Turns out with some help from some very good friends. We have 1.6.4 packs running now on the original launcher.".
This is probably the best thing that could have happened after the original post. LexManos is a gentleman and a scholar. If we are able to get started with the new packs it will make getting excited about launcher 2.0 much easier.

Reactions: SatanicSanta

McyD

Jul 29, 2019
nice, what about those of us that have 1.5.2 private packs already updated and running as 1.6.4? Any ETA on when we will be able to resubmit them as 1.6.4 packs?

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
I hope we have them ready Slow, been testing 40 hours a week on these. Want em right yanno ;)

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
nice, what about those of us that have 1.5.2 private packs already updated and running as 1.6.4? Any ETA on when we will be able to resubmit them as 1.6.4 packs?
I'd say, give it a week to settle once it's live. Unless the mod pack team has something else in mind.

Blue

Jul 29, 2019
i think as a thought they should add an option to do a vanila forge download of 1.6.4 so those that have custom mod packs can easily install the forge and the server admin just gives out the mod pack they made via private link sharing

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
Hopefully this wont take to long to get out into the public eye, however we already have I think 4 packs ready to go for 1.6.4.

I assume you are referring to your recent post on Reddit?

Apparently, LexManos from Forge has the original FTB Launcher working for 1.6.4

http://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/1s7nks/ftb_launcher_working_with_164_packs/

So following on from the post I made earlier in the week, thanks to some help from LexManos of Forge, we have the original launcher now working to download and install packs for minecraft 1.6.4. Whilst work will continue on the new launcher. This does mean that we will have an interim measure allowing people to play 1.6.4 packs soon.

Happy days?

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
well, that will help.

on the communications subject, an actual twitter feed high on the main page only for status updates would go a long way for me.

thanks for the update slow.

Bubbleo

Jul 29, 2019
You realize RR has added and removed mods numerous times yes? In fact there was one mod removed that drastically changed worlds, removing layers of world gen leaving huge open spaces in the terrain. So yes that could be considered a world breaking bug, especially if you used those materials to build a majority of your base. I am not downing RR I love the pack, but it is Beta and if you want a Beta or alpha pack by all means use the ATLauncher, who does not test the packs which was the original point of my post. The RR team tests their packs along with all the people playing the pack.

So in closing I am done trying to explain something that some people just don't want to hear.

Quite mistaken bud RR is nolonger BETA its actually in Pre Release currently and all bugs you have stated were fixed within hours of them being reported :) Mind you I wonder if FTB will be releasing Soul Shards 2 in these new packs, since its been removed from RR due to a bug that can and could cause server crashes :)

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Quite mistaken bud RR is nolonger BETA its actually in Pre Release currently and all bugs you have stated were fixed within hours of them being reported :) Mind you I wonder if FTB will be releasing Soul Shards 2 in these new packs, since its been removed from RR due to a bug that can and could cause server crashes :)

I never said the bugs weren't fixed, but when the bugs happened worlds dies, servers crashed and yes removing Artifice removed large portions of world gen. Did I speak some sort of lie here? Oh and on it being a Pre-release, I apologize as last I played it was still in final Beta release. Still apples and oranges as I was using it as an example. I do remember saying I loved the pack despite the problems.

Also, don't call be Bud please, I don't know you and even if I did I wouldn't want you calling me Bud. It is very condescending actually to alot of people.

Anyways I am done with this thread as people just want to argue about semantics and comparisons which is usual with anything where people have strong opinions.

nick1wasd

Jul 29, 2019
will it be out this year? if not that is TOTALLY fine, if not, early next year, middle of next year, 2015? can you give us a ETA of a month? (I.E. an ETA of march 2014, meaning SOME time in march, but no date specifically) and what parts do you have done? if you can share that is.

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, now you're just aiming to be antagonistic. I suggest vacating this thread if this is the kind of thing you're going to be posting. Further replies from you in this vein will be deleted and your account infracted.

It's not about thick skin or not. Read the rules linked in my signature. Those are what you agree to when you post here.

vasouv

Jul 29, 2019
Well this is a surprising happy turn of events :) Can't download the launcher 'cause the link's broken but yeah, new packs woohoo! (if Magic World 2 isn't there... so help me Odin!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.