Thermal Expansion 3.0!!! No More Beta! Thanks KL!

Geo Terra

Jul 29, 2019
Perhaps mekanism universal cables? I think ender io should work though.

I was thinking of Mekanism as I'm trying to build a mod setup for a YouTube LP and want the extra challenge of ditching the IC & BC crutches I've used since I entered into the modded Minecraft scene way back in (about) mid-beta or so and UE/Mek actually seems to be pretty decent for my purposes. I think I'll throw together a quick instance and give it a shot, either that or I'll hunt down Aiden somewhere and ask him specifically. Thanks.

Aidan

Jul 29, 2019
I was thinking of Mekanism as I'm trying to build a mod setup for a YouTube LP and want the extra challenge of ditching the IC & BC crutches I've used since I entered into the modded Minecraft scene way back in (about) mid-beta or so and UE/Mek actually seems to be pretty decent for my purposes. I think I'll throw together a quick instance and give it a shot, either that or I'll hunt down Aiden somewhere and ask him specifically. Thanks.
No need to hunt me down!
QKninja is right, my Universal Cables will do what you need. They'll also be able to translate that BC power into any other power system ;)

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Question for the developers:
Just had a random thought, what happens with dartcrafts loot bags when you put them in your item deployer block?
Do they get items generated in them like in the players inventory?
(just wanting to know if it is able to auto-process loot bag drops from a mob spawner for example)

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Question for the developers:
Just had a random thought, what happens with dartcrafts loot bags when you put them in your item deployer block?
Do they get items generated in them like in the players inventory?
(just wanting to know if it is able to auto-process loot bag drops from a mob spawner for example)

Could have the deployer right-click the loot bag onto an inventory to place the contents in there. :)

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Could have the deployer right-click the loot bag onto an inventory to place the contents in there. :)
That you could, but I'm wondering if it generates items for you when you pipe it directly from a mob farm to the deployer. The quirk with loot bags was a player had to hold them before they could be right clicked on things to empty them. EDIT: and thus could never be truly automated

Because their block works so well with left and right click functionality of items, I'm wondering if the loot bag code would register it as a players inventory and thus generate its items

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
That you could, but I'm wondering if it generates items for you when you pipe it directly from a mob farm to the deployer. The quirk with loot bags was a player had to hold them before they could be right clicked on things to empty them. EDIT: and thus could never be truly automated

Because their block works so well with left and right click functionality of items, I'm wondering if the loot bag code would register it as a players inventory and thus generate its items

But right clicking one in your hand doesn't generate items in your inventory. It just opens an inventory to allow you to take them out manually. I doubt the deployer blocks have the functionality to empty item-held inventories.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
But right clicking one in your hand doesn't generate items in your inventory. It just opens an inventory to allow you to take them out manually. I doubt the deployer blocks have the functionality to empty item-held inventories.
Right clicking one onto a chest empties all items inside of it into the chest, and the bag disappears if all items are moved that way

That isn't what I'm asking anyway though. I'm sure it has that functionality, but I"m talking about does it act like a player entity or not

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019

I realised you misunderstood what I was saying about generating items, my apologies for not explaining well enough.
The loot bags are coded in such a way that before a player picks them up, they are all uniform and have no items in them. But when a player picks them up, only then the loot bags have items inside of them. This prevents any type of automated processing, because at one point or another the player has to have them in their inventory.

So my question is, can this quirk be bypassed by their deployer block. It may be able to depending on the way that the block identifies itself. It may satisfy the player inventory clause of the loot bags, which then allows them to be emptied into a chest and the items processed with no player interaction

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
I realised you misunderstood what I was saying about generating items, my apologies for not explaining well enough.
The loot bags are coded in such a way that before a player picks them up, they are all uniform and have no items in them. But when a player picks them up, only then the loot bags have items inside of them. This prevents any type of automated processing, because at one point or another the player has to have them in their inventory.

So my question is, can this quirk be bypassed by their deployer block. It may be able to depending on the way that the block identifies itself. It may satisfy the player inventory clause of the loot bags, which then allows them to be emptied into a chest and the items processed with no player interaction

Ohhhhhhhhhhh! That's an odd way to program them. o_O

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Ohhhhhhhhhhh! That's an odd way to program them. o_O
Kinda handy in one way, because if you automatically pick them up from your mob farm, they all stack in one stack in AE or a DSU. but after you have them in your inventory, they don't stack with anything, because they all have different items inside of them.

So the way that they're coded at the moment prevents them from filling up all your drives in AE within 30 minutes of a mob farm running.

sciguyryan

Jul 29, 2019
combining glowstone with liquid redstone produces blaze dust? o_O

Think of the liquid redstone as being a solvent, dissolving most of the base materials from the glowstone and leaving the phosphor behind - in this case blaze powder.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Think of the liquid redstone as being a solvent, dissolving most of the base materials from the glowstone and leaving the phosphor behind - in this case blaze powder.

that.... hmm, still seems kind of weird to me... are there any other recipes like that?