Thermal Expansion 3.0!!! No More Beta! Thanks KL!

Werenoun

Jul 29, 2019
Am I missing something?
Yes. Tact, manners, and respect for other people's opinions and work. You don't have to like it; you don't have to play with it. But at least have the decency to phrase your thoughts in manners that aren't designed to be as inflammatory as humanly possible. Your thoughts are valid from your point of view, but for once could you consider the possibility that what's right for you isn't right for everyone?

Last edited:

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
In fact, the least fun part was AE, because I cannot possibly imagine a more boring item movement solution. I can't even see my stuff float through pipes! Why would anyone build factories if you can't see your stufffloat through pipes? That's like, the entire point of factories! :confused:
Offtopic: I think you will like logistics pipes.

Steel

Jul 29, 2019
Offtopic: I think you will like logistics pipes.

I was actually considering not having BC in my next pack actually, but the idea of using LP instead of AE for item transport appeals to me so much. I have never used it, but it looks so cool seeing all the items zooming around in different directions (based on what I've seen in YouTube videos).

matheus P Pfitscher

Jul 29, 2019
Shame on you Zord. Just...Shame.

Lets just see how the mod is going to be please.

All this Quarry x Turtles x Hand is just a player perspective. (Quarrys are world eaters, but download this and may god have mercy upon your world.)

For a vanilla player, having a Tinkers Construct Pickaxe full of redstone mining like a damm machinegun is already cheating.

In this path we will end up doing like Gregtech x Tinkers Construct.

Just Dont install TE with BC, end of the deal. (And if you saw/know the link above, ComputerCraft for that matter.)

Or... Just play the game and realize there's people that enjoy building pipes/rails/massive power systems... And people that enjoy seen the end stuff working, not building them, or using that in build something that than they enjoy. In both cases, tesseracts really help the process.

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019

When TE first started, you are correct, the "Expansion" in the name was a pun. It was meant to save BuildCraft. Circa 1.2.5, BC was on the way out. I rather liked BuildCraft and didn't want to see it die. Hence, I wrote an expansion for it. And for a long time, I did assume that BC/RC/Forestry would be installed alongside TE as part of the BC ecosystem.

Now, that isn't the case. TE stands alone. Tesseracts are generalized IInventories - they work with far more than BC pipes. RP2 tubes have worked for a long time. CB's translocators. Mekanism's new pipes will work with them. ProjectRed's tubes. ThaumCraft golems even work with them! We provided BC pipe support because it was not an unreasonable request, although funnily enough it was the only one that required us to go out of our way to support.

Keep in mind that TE machines autoeject - so Item Tesseracts serve a pretty valuable purpose even if TE is the only mod. It's incredibly inaccurate to say that other mods are required.

Same with plugins. Yes, you are correct - we add new Turtles if CC is installed. That's because Zeldo happens to like CC. Do the turtles provide a key point of the TE tech tree necessary for advancement? Not even close - it just happens that it is also not an unreasonable request.

MFR interaction? Additional BC pipes? Forestry capsule support? All the same thing. We can support other mods, and it's definitely encouraged. But you seriously cannot balance around the expectation that any/all of them will be present. Though again, we have - we killed a fertilizer generation method when Forestry switched over to 2.0. We've kept fuel values roughly in line with everything else. TE's own machine energy costs are kept in line with (and are generally higher) than IC2's.

You have a lot of good points here, and I respect that. You don't like me? I respect that too.

I agree that mods shouldn't solve all problems, they should enable players to do new things without add arbitrary hoops or creating "grunt-work" problems. The purpose is to elevate the nature of the problems and interactions to a higher level, encourage players to think, and not grab a dozen stacks of rails and hold down a mouse button for a half hour. (Which, btw, I truly enjoy building rail systems, but I recognize that it isn't for everyone.)

Nick Dellhall

Jul 29, 2019
The mantra here is that people want to figure out complex systems, solve problems. if the MOD itself solves all the problems and makes the systems simpler... how is it any fun to play the game anymore?

If you don't like the mod so much, don't use it. It's as simple as that. Some people enjoy building simple systems, others would build complicated system with or without these mods. The onus is on the user - not the mod creator, they simply make options for us players to have.

King Lemming, I'm really looking forward to TE for 1.6 being released :)
Any more teaser pics for us?

Reactions: RedBoss

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
No_Trolls.gif

Anyway. Look what I found!

5c520.png

KingLemming is now known as ZingLemming
These are TE Achievements BTW

Also these. I must get onto IRC with TE
5c69a.png
5c69d.png
5c6XB.png
5c6bi.png

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
I see! Could you point me towards that channel? I sometimes lurk on IRC, and having one more channel to lurk in can't hurt :p

Hyperme

Popular Member
Apr 3, 2013
mod authors use this to gain market share.

This pretty much sums up the level of discourse I think you bring to the table. It's an assertion with absolutely no backing that assumes everyone thinks in the same 'optimize all the things' way as you do.

Any how florbs are cool. Thermal Expansion 3 is cool. King Lemming is a pretty cool guy, eh mods Minecraft and doesn't afraid of Java. Or people who think modded Minecraft can be balanced.