The Future of Stained Glass

Conguy97

Jul 29, 2019
Now that stained glass is in vanilla minecraft, what what will become of other mods' colored and stained glass? Will they keep it? Rename it? Get rid of it? Hmm. Also what do you guys think of the new vanilla stained glass? I like it. Not as much as clear glass. But it looks good. Give me some input

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Now that stained glass is in vanilla minecraft, what what will become of other mods' colored and stained glass? Will they keep it? Rename it? Get rid of it? Hmm. Also what do you guys think of the new vanilla stained glass? I like it. Not as much as clear glass. But it looks good. Give me some input

Probably the same thing that happens to every modded item that gets added to vanilla. One of a few options:
1. Rename and keep it
2. Remove it
3. Keep both (with the new naming structure, this is highly unlikely to work)

Conguy97

Jul 29, 2019
Probably the same thing that happens to every modded item that gets added to vanilla. One of a few options:
1. Rename and keep it
2. Remove it
3. Keep both (with the new naming structure, this is highly unlikely to work)
That didn't answer my question though XD. You just restated it

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
That didn't answer my question though XD. You just restated it

That's what will happen though, you answered your own question. Modded items that become vanilla items (until recent updates) had pretty much split between the 3 options. Some you never saw again in the mod (can't think of one right now). Others stayed as their modded item and the new vanilla stayed too (best example I can think of is Endertanksstuff). The rest get renamed (hoppers).
It all depends on the developer.

Reactions: RedBoss

Conguy97

Jul 29, 2019
That's what will happen though, you answered your own question. Modded items that become vanilla items (until recent updates) had pretty much split between the 3 options. Some you never saw again in the mod (can't think of one right now). Others stayed as their modded item and the new vanilla stayed too (best example I can think of is Endertanks). The rest get renamed (hoppers).
It all depends on the developer.
Ok thanks. I guess I just didn't recognize my own genius.

FastTquick

Jul 29, 2019
The addition of stained glass in vanilla Minecraft is a great one, but once again, I think the mod versions are superior. Most notably, Tinker's Construct stained glass has better transparency and you can break it and replace it without losing it. Vanilla stained glass is a little too opaque for my liking and I fear it will still use the annoying vanilla Minecraft glass trait of losing the block if you break it without using a silk-touch enchanted item.

Reactions: Ashzification