1.7.x Packs Yet!? [Mindcrack/DW20/Ultimate/Lite/Horizons/Monster/Unleashed/Unhinged/Tech/Magic/etc]

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Kibaa12

Jul 29, 2019
So some are saying that MFR is in Public dev but installing the latest verion of 2.7.0B8-1106 im getting PowerCrystalsCore : Minimum version required is 1.1.7 but i have 1.1.8B1-124 installed.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
So some are saying that MFR is in Public dev but installing the latest verion of 2.7.0B8-1106 im getting PowerCrystalsCore : Minimum version required is 1.1.7 but i have 1.1.8B1-124 installed.
It's an unofficial version. It should be listed as such since it's not from Power Crystals. There should be some warning about it beyond that as well. The guy making this port does not seem to be working well with the community in regards to bug reports. He seems to just be blaming the errors on the users, instead of fixing the issues. It may be worth even removing it from the list.

At the least the 1.6.2 MFR should be noted as an unofficial port.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019

If you're building on 1.6.2 you can't use the latest Core. If you look very closely at your Forge log you'll notice that it is says that PowerCrystals Core is requesting 1.6.4, so it doesn't load the coremod, so then MFR doesn't find it and you get the requirement message. If you're talking samrg427's stuff you want the -25 build of core.

Looking at jenkins he has updated it so you can easily see this now without trial and error. :)

Skullywag

Jul 29, 2019
Also soul shards, there is a version for 1.6 however, DO NOT USE IT, it will break your worlds if you place a spawner for certain mobs down and youll have to edit your world to recover.

Dodgythoughts

Jul 29, 2019
nobody is updating the original spreadsheet in the start of this thread.

Thaumcraft 4 and thaumic tinkerer just released. (for 1.6.2 and 4)
forestry is now out for 1.6.4

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like Thaumcraft was the last major mod necessary to make a 1.6.x FTB pack. (Well, except for TE. But even for that there is a replacement available.)

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
What replaces TE?

EnderIO covers large parts of the previous TE functionality - Conduits, Liquiducts, MJ storage, Tesseracts and Aqueous Accumulator. It has some basic generators to get started and also includes a sawmill/pulverizer and furnace/alloy smelter.

Mekanism is also pretty cool. Has all kind of machines, includes energy lines, liquid transport, energy generation and storage. And works well with other energy types, right now a couple of Mekanism generators supply all my machines (Mekanism, EnderIO, IC2) in my starter base.

Sarda

Jul 29, 2019
EnderIO covers large parts of the previous TE functionality - Conduits, Liquiducts, MJ storage, Tesseracts and Aqueous Accumulator. It has some basic generators to get started and also includes a sawmill/pulverizer and furnace/alloy smelter.

Mekanism is also pretty cool. Has all kind of machines, includes energy lines, liquid transport, energy generation and storage. And works well with other energy types, right now a couple of Mekanism generators supply all my machines (Mekanism, EnderIO, IC2) in my starter base.

Ender IO pipes don't function anything like liquiducts. It isn't a acceptable replacement for TE.

bigtwisty

Jul 29, 2019
Ender IO pipes don't function anything like liquiducts. It isn't a acceptable replacement for TE.

According to the forum entry for Ender IO, it looks like the only difference is the ability to restrict Ender IO pipes to a specific liquid. Even the active pull functionality seems identical.

What exactly is so different, other than visual differences?

Sarda

Jul 29, 2019
According to the forum entry for Ender IO, it looks like the only difference is the ability to restrict Ender IO pipes to a specific liquid. Even the active pull functionality seems identical.

What exactly is so different, other than visual differences?

Ender IO pipes fill sequentially (like standard BC pipes) and fill the attached devices faster closer to the source then devices further down the chain, Liquiducts fill the entire system simultaneously and equally distribute liquid across all connected things. Completely different functionality.