Force Trees

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

netchip

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,
How do Force Trees perform in comparisation with Oak Trees? Do they give more wood? And do they give more biomass in the fermenter?

Thx

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Well according to NEI they give a LOT more biomass in the fermenter. Also note Force trees aren't supported by MFR but are by Forestry multiblock farms.

Reactions: netchip

netchip

Jul 29, 2019
Well according to NEI they give a LOT more biomass in the fermenter. Also note Force trees aren't supported by MFR but are by Forestry multiblock farms.
I use Steve's Carts so that isn't a problem :)

Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
An oak tree sapling makes 250 biomass against the force sapling 500 (with water) so it's 50% more.

InfamousAsHell

Jul 29, 2019
I don't remember what versions it affects but force saplings turn the multifarms humus into dirt when they grow which clogs it up...
Edit: Nvm it only does that in the 1.6.2 versions

netchip

Jul 29, 2019
I don't remember what versions it affects but force saplings turn the multifarms humus into dirt when they grow which clogs it up...
Edit: Nvm it only does that in the 1.6.2 versions
I run 1.6.4 ;)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Other then the previously mentioned Biomass output increase, the logs can be squeezed to give Liquid Force, and the leaves occasionally drop Force Nuggets. A good start for any player using DartCraft and Forestry is to get that squeezer going, as if you're using 1.6.X you'll need as much liquid force as you can get. Otherwise it's just nice to have.

As an aside, anyone else think it's cool that one can use the Carpenter to make force ingots? It takes less "force" which is nice. Not that it's a big deal when you have a decent Force Tree Farm, but still, it's helpful.

Also, if you're on 1.6.X you'll want to smelt some force logs and make some Force Sticks with Force Planks to make some super awesome Force Torches. They are slightly brighter(15 vs. 14) and can be upgraded.(put Bane on those suckers and put 'em on your roof. No more Spiders on the roof! Might want to add a cleanup system though...) In addition Force Torches can be shot from a Force Bow, which is pretty damned handy. If that also applies to Upgraded Torches, I'd be in Heaven, but I haven't tested that, nor do I believe in the traditional Christian Heaven. Or any of that Jazz, but that's off topic.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome....but 1.6? :(
What's awesome? Pretty much everything I mentioned except for force torches is in 1.5.2 IIRC. Also what's your beef with 1.6? It's not rocket science to make a make-shift FTB pack for 1.6 mate.

Plus Thaumcraft 4 is out for it now, so get 1.6 while the getting is good.
Also Ars Magicka 2 has only 6 4 items left on Mithions To-Do list at time of posting, so getting a pack built for 1.6.X is a good thing to do now as the mods are updating fast these days and only for 1.6.X right now it seems.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
The force torches and the bow able to fire them. As well as the bane upgrade on them torches.
As for the 1.6 pack, mods I want aren't going 1.6. Namely TE, as one of them. MFR too. I do not want the bootleg version.