So what are the best TC tools these days?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
Stonebound gives you more bonus the more actual durability was used, not percentage wise. It is not straight relation anymore, but it is still better to have tool with higher durability for it.

To compare ardite VS paper/thaumium for a given rod/binding, one modifier slot gives max of 4.0 speed with full redstone, but stonebound 2 gives the potential for much more if the tool has enough total durability.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
TBH if the mod had a best optimal configuration the mod pretty much fails at it's design goal.
TiC's main feature is to provide modular tools system that can suit an array of players needs. Optimal for specific cases but not all cases at once.
Just read the materials and you book and use what modifiers suit your mining/fighting style.

I'm not saying that there isn't a BEST way but if TiC has one it's pretty much failed it's design goals in my eyes.

Symmetryc

Jul 29, 2019
Stonebound gives you more bonus the more actual durability was used, not percentage wise. It is not straight relation anymore, but it is still better to have tool with higher durability for it.

To be correct, it's actually a combination of the two; there is a cap. The speed given by extra redstone though is better than what you get from stonebound on a normal mining trip iirc.

Anybody know how the cutlass compares to the other swords?
You get a speed boost from blocking attacks and there is a chance that you get a critical hit ( even on hits that aren't in midair )

Reactions: ZeSapper

ZeSapper

Jul 29, 2019
The Cutlass? It gives you a speed boost when you block attacks (maybe just arrows, not sure, only tested on Skeletons), like speed II for 3 seconds.

You get a speed boost from blocking attacks and there is a chance that you get a critical hit ( even on hits that aren't in midair )

I like the sound of it more and more. Plus there's also the added benefit of screaming AVAST! when swinging it around.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
I like the sound of it more and more. Plus there's also the added benefit of screaming AVAST! when swinging it around.

that alone is reason enough to at least make and use one during a playthrough.

I've been trying out the battleaxe some, and it seems to me that the AOE of the scythe is better than the battleaxe. they are at least different. the scythe seems to fare a lot better when swarmed by small enemies at close range.

besides. any grim reaper worth his salt will use a scythe. not an axe. axes are for vikings. scythes are for harvesting the damned.

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019
I'd go with many head, cobalt and ardite plate + ardite rod. It should get about 10 bonus when almost fully worn out IIRC.

Also scythe can one shot skeletons. I made manuyllyn one with cactus rods and with a couple of quartz it was one shooting them at about 1/3 durability left, so jagged is definitely worth it, I'd go with cactus as a rod for every weapon.

It depends on difficulty, the harder you set it, the better armored enemies are. I don't think you will get any armor on easy.

Edit:
So apparently you can just use nbt editor to edit durability on your tools to test it quickly. Here is manuyllyn head, ardite rest hammer with silky:
http://imgur.com/qCjjjSF

No other modifiers applied, 21.5 mining speed.
May i ask how you edited the tools and which values? I have been trying for half an hour and despite setting the values they keep beeing reset when i load the game again.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
May i ask how you edited the tools and which values? I have been trying for half an hour and despite setting the values they keep beeing reset when i load the game again.

I just set the tag/InfiTool/Damage. The normal item damage value is just calculated from range 0-100, the real damage value is in this tag further down. Also remember that in single player you should edit level.dat/data/Player/, not PlayerName.dat (I think, in this test I just edited both files).

Reactions: Lathanael

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019
I just set the tag/InfiTool/Damage. The normal item damage value is just calculated from range 0-100, the real damage value is in this tag further down. Also remember that in single player you should edit level.dat/data/Player/, not PlayerName.dat (I think, in this test I just edited both files).
The bold part may actualy be what was my problem. Will try it now, thank you very much sir :)