Challenge Denied :(

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
So, I was bored...so I thought...OHH!!! NEW CHALLENGE!!! "I'm going to collect a DSU full of Octuple compressed cobblestone!"

Well, I got out excel and started calculations. With 1 million igneous extruders, it would take 5,460.01 years to do it...guess I'll work on something else...

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe don't use "Passive" collection, but rather "Active". Don't think about how many Extruders you'll need, think how many quarries and how big, or how fast you can can mine with a Stonebound TiC Hammer with the electric modifier and 1 durability.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe don't use "Passive" collection, but rather "Active". Don't think about how many Extruders you'll need, think how many quarries and how big, or how fast you can can mine with a Stonebound TiC Hammer with the electric modifier and 1 durability.

Even that probably won't work, the cost of n-compressed cobblestone grows exponentially. Thus octuple-compressed cobblestone is freaking EXPENSIVE. To get a full DSU of it is a mind-bogglingly huge amount of Cobble. Producing it in a reasonable time frame requires probably something along the lines of a trillion Igneous Extruders' production rate on average, which, needless to say, is much more than a processor on anything short of a quantum computer can handle.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
So, I was bored...so I thought...OHH!!! NEW CHALLENGE!!! "I'm going to collect a DSU full of Octuple compressed cobblestone!"

Well, I got out excel and started calculations. With 1 million igneous extruders, it would take 5,460.01 years to do it...guess I'll work on something else...

Just use some kind of fully-automated quarry to rape the earth to get materials from it, and those materials should go to making even more extruders. It will accelerate in its production, getting more and more and more. Also, if you can spend cobblestone also on making igneous extruders in some way, maybe with a minium stone, that would help them increase greatly.

I think that this is possible, please, just try it!

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe it could be done with one of the Equivalent Exchange-y mods out there. I think there is one that adds an energy collector. It might make more sense to task those igneous exstruders to making scrap at a stupidly crazy speed and feed it into a high powered mass fab. Autocraft the uu into diamonds and target cobblestone.

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
I'll have to look at some of those options, however...I don't think it's going to help much...here is how many cobblestone is required to fill a DSU with octuple compressed.

86 Quintillion cobblestone...

Producing 1 million cobblestone per second (2 mill extruders)...would take 2730 years. Even trying to use something other than extruders would require the computing power of a supercomputer to handle it most likely. I think I am still going to try though, it'll at least make a fun journal type thread in the community showcase :D

This should be fun! Hopefully I don't lag out my server trying to do this, everyone might get mad at me :D

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
I'll have to look at some of those options, however...I don't think it's going to help much...here is how many cobblestone is required to fill a DSU with octuple compressed.

86 Quintillion cobblestone...

Producing 1 million cobblestone per second (2 mill extruders)...would take 2730 years. Even trying to use something other than extruders would require the computing power of a supercomputer to handle it most likely. I think I am still going to try though, it'll at least make a fun journal type thread in the community showcase :D

This should be fun! Hopefully I don't lag out my server trying to do this, everyone might get mad at me :D

This challenge should be how much can you get, not can you get X. This should be fun :D

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019

Passive is a lot faster than active in this case...I can easily setup many more extruders in the time it would take to setup a maxed sized quarry...and those extruders would also easily beat the speed of production that a fully powered quarry would take.

Extruders also remove the need for power.[DOUBLEPOST=1380292185][/DOUBLEPOST]
This challenge should be how much can you get, not can you get X. This should be fun :D

Yup, this is pretty much what I've turned it into now :D

Going to start when I get home :D

I think what I'm going to do is start with normal cobble into a dsu, once that is full, I'll start on compressed, then double compresses...etc...since 1 dsu of octuble is impossible, why not try for all 9 types of cobble! :D lol

Reactions: the_j485

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019

well, atleast you'd know what you'd be doing the next 5,460.01 years

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
Can you do this on single player please, not on volition? I have a feeling your server won't survive this attempt :D