Do not use ender tanks/chests!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

EL_Kurto

Jul 29, 2019
My computer turned itself off earlier today (I think it was too hot or something) while I was playing Feed The beast (ultimate pack) and just now I hopped onto my world only to find every chunk in my base containing an ender chest of tank (most of them) deleted and reset. This however was not the first time this has happened, I lost my base on my first world (Mindcrack pack) to this same glitch.

So if you do not want your base deleted do not use ender tanks or chests.

koeer11

Jul 29, 2019
Been using ender chests, my save game is 700mb large and nothing like this has happened

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm. Ender Tanks and Chests are in common use, so most won't be willing to give them up.

Anyone else run into this glitch and have any idea how to prevent it? \Checks CB's Mods thread

EL_Kurto

Jul 29, 2019
Been using ender chests, my save game is 700mb large and nothing like this has happened

Load up your world, stand near your enderchests/tanks, unplug your computer, plug your computer back in then hop back onto your world to find your base gone.

StaticPixel

Jul 29, 2019
This happened to me a really long time back, I think it was ultimate pack. It's been fine since then though.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Ender tanks/chests are fine, it is when you combine them with chunkloaders in various ways that problems can occur. Been like this for ages, I'm surprised there hasn't been some visible push to finally fix it.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
This is no longer an issue in 1.5

The problem was in 1.4.7 when the chunk unexpectedly unloaded due to crash or some other form of unexpected ending(ex. end minecraft through task manager or closing before doing "save & quit")

It also became a problem with specific chunkloaders that imitated this problem when in another world because of the way they force loaded the chunks.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
It sounds like your computer is overheating and causing unexpected shutdowns. There is no problem with Enderchests or Tanks, I would expect a lot of stuff to break when a computer shuts down that fast.

Buy a can of compressed air and clean out your fans if they have dust in them.

MrD3cisive

Jul 29, 2019
Always gotta ensure you have enough power to handle the transferring of items, I myself use many endertanks/chests. Never once experienced that problem. and I even recall losing power once as well...

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
My computer turned itself off earlier today (I think it was too hot or something) while I was playing Feed The beast (ultimate pack) and just now I hopped onto my world only to find every chunk in my base containing an ender chest of tank (most of them) deleted and reset. This however was not the first time this has happened, I lost my base on my first world (Mindcrack pack) to this same glitch.

So if you do not want your base deleted do not use ender tanks or chests.

Issues like this are quite often caused by unexpected shutdowns. Anything that can cause your computer to turn off will cause world corruption. (ex. power outage) This is why it's suggested you keep frequent back ups of your world saves.
It sounds like your computer is overheating and causing unexpected shutdowns. There is no problem with Enderchests or Tanks, I would expect a lot of stuff to break when a computer shuts down that fast.

Buy a can of compressed air and clean out your fans if they have dust in them.

Frequent maintenance helps too.

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
My entire map got reset when I had a power surge once and I was just starting out, needless to say went out and bought a surge protector with a backup battery built in.

Reactions: Ashzification

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Cracking me up all of the people saying this was only a 1.4.7 issue.

It still happens in 1.5.2 unleashed 1.1.3. I can make it happen just by going to a mystcraft void age, laying down some ender chests and then a chunkloader in a certain way.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012

It still happens in 1.5.2 unleashed 1.1.3. I can make it happen just by going to a mystcraft void age, laying down some ender chests and then a chunkloader in a certain way.
Unless you have visual proof of that; I don't really believe it because I've purposely tried to make it happen. Twilight doesn't even do it anymore for me.

Geometry

Jul 29, 2019
My entire map got reset when I had a power surge once and I was just starting out, needless to say went out and bought a surge protector with a backup battery built in.
Once,my power just randomly went out for 2 seconds, my computer shutdown, and my map got corrupted. I had to revert to a 2 week old backup where a good chunk of my stuff was gone. Then my PC just randomly freezes(turns out it was my nvidia driver) several days later and it happened again. It was really frustrating to keep losing my hours of work, so I just installed forgebackup yesterday. I also plan to go buy a UPS once I get a chance.

Reactions: Bigpak

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019

I find putting a chunk loader down in a Mystcraft age is a real good way to crash and blow the chunk =P It doesn't have anything to do with ender chests really.