Unleashed: End Game Project Recommendations

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
turn all your ME Cables into a (blue cable & covered cable alternation pattern);

Niels Henriksen

Jul 29, 2019
There is no end-game in MC. There are always things to do and to little time to do it. Sometimes I just wish I was full-time MC player - then I would loved to go to work :D

If there should be end of game then it should be to have all things from the game in full DSU's. Then you can say "what to do now?"

Reactions: SatanicSanta

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
There is no end-game in MC.
I know what you mean, but "end-game" is still a useful term to describe tech progression and resource acquisition.
If there should be end of game then it should be to have all things from the game in full DSU's. Then you can say "what to do now?"
You want to be able to say "end game is meaningless", so you invent a meaningless definition of it. Classic definition of a straw-man.

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Hello guys and gals,
I'm playing FTB Unleashed in a server and I have pretty much reached end game, in my opinion at least. So I'm looking for some projects to keep my busy in the server, I don't want to leave the server because there are a bunch of great people whom I love playing with. I don't have much playing time anymore anyway. I'd love some recommendations on what to tackle next. Currently I'm doing bees but I really want other stuff to play with. So here's some screenshots to help you better understand my process so far.

Cool base, like the design.

Side question: how did you get all the minium shards? I tried a deployer and a railgun/glove, and it kills mobs in a grinder but doesnt net me any shards.

Also, I find it good to set a goal. I had an idea for a vertical tower of engines, a tank way up top, then pumping down into MFSUs... took me awhile to get it setup. And i decided to run my whole base off of biofuel, no other power, and see how crazy xycraft soil could get with a farm.

Right now i have 9 full size boilers, 18 combustion engines (originally as backup power now really jsut for looks) and am building an off site system with about 20 more boilers, off of one 20 x 10 sugar cane farm.

IMO if you just say 'im going to get lots of stuff and build lots of things' things get more boring than if you set yourself up with a constraint like 'run it all off biofuel'.

Im also looking into changing configs to slow things down, apparently you can even set things like the durability of a minium shard in the configs, IMO by nerfing lots of the 'exploits' you can really make the game more of a 'struggle', which is fun by itself.

PoisonWolf

Jul 29, 2019
I know what you mean, but "end-game" is still a useful term to describe tech progression and resource acquisition.

You want to be able to say "end game is meaningless", so you invent a meaningless definition of it. Classic definition of a straw-man.

How is filled dsus of every item in the game meaningless? I think that deserves a lot of bragging points if you could achieve that.

On another note, make a mega structure of a creeper using the emerald blocks as the primary green. It should be fairly easy given how pixelated a creeper is! not sure what other types of creeper green there are though.

zorn

Jul 29, 2019

the point is that End Game means different things to different people. I have two friends who consider end game to be 'more resources or power than i need'. Once the struggle for more power or resources is gone, they lose interest. Others consider that part to be where the fun really starts, when they can build lots of stuff. IMO this is why some want easy access to resources, others want more of a struggle.

Reactions: Hoff

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
the point is that End Game means different things to different people.
Yes, but if it's going to be a term that is used in discussion, then we need to accept some kind of loose framework to describe the stages of the game. I think most of us intuitively know what "end-game" means in terms of "My base is up and running and I'm approaching end-game..." even if we might disagree on the details.

Reactions: zorn

expl0s1ve

Jul 29, 2019
All right, thank you all for your replies. First of all, I want to explain the end game in my head. For me, there is no actual "end game", but once you have all the resources you need, build everything you want and you can't think of anything else INTERESTING to do/build, the game pretty much ends. For example I could try to fill DSU's with every resource in the game,but that's a lot of boring work, and more waiting, I want what I work towards to be fun. I'm not much of a builder, I didn't even have this semi-fancy base until recently, so I don't know how I'd feel about building huge, awesome structures as some of you said, I'll probably end up doing something like that eventually. The thread of Saice has some cool ideas, though, I might give that a shot, thanks. Also, I mentioned that this is a server that I don't own so adding mods/modifying configs is out of question. That should respond most of the questions.

Cool base, like the design.

Side question: how did you get all the minium shards? I tried a deployer and a railgun/glove, and it kills mobs in a grinder but doesnt net me any shards.

Also, I find it good to set a goal. I had an idea for a vertical tower of engines, a tank way up top, then pumping down into MFSUs... took me awhile to get it setup. And i decided to run my whole base off of biofuel, no other power, and see how crazy xycraft soil could get with a farm.

Right now i have 9 full size boilers, 18 combustion engines (originally as backup power now really jsut for looks) and am building an off site system with about 20 more boilers, off of one 20 x 10 sugar cane farm.

IMO if you just say 'im going to get lots of stuff and build lots of things' things get more boring than if you set yourself up with a constraint like 'run it all off biofuel'.

Im also looking into changing configs to slow things down, apparently you can even set things like the durability of a minium shard in the configs, IMO by nerfing lots of the 'exploits' you can really make the game more of a 'struggle', which is fun by itself.

I'm using a tier 5 spawner with the extra utilities spikes to kill them.

PS: Yes, I had 512 igneous extruders to feed my monster Massfab that runs on nearly 50.000EU/t. They were causing a lot of lag so I removed them. I gave a stack away so now I have 448. :)

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
All ...once you have all the resources you need, build everything you want and you can't think of anything else INTERESTING to do/build, the game pretty much ends.
Ah, that's the root cause of the misunderstanding. Usually (in MMO games), end-game is the most interesting part. It means "I've got all the boring grind out of the way, now to concentrate on the fun stuff". It doesn't mean "game over".

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, that's the root cause of the misunderstanding. Usually (in MMO games), end-game is the most interesting part. It means "I've got all the boring grind out of the way, now to concentrate on the fun stuff". It doesn't mean "game over".

I find it interesting how different people play. For the two guys i play with, its the exact opposite of how you play. They dont even automate ore processing, they just quarry into DSUs and smelt things as they need them. The only piping they need is to get items to the chests/DSUs, they put ores into furnaces by hand, and just build 10 induction furnaces in case they need a ton of stuff at once. no gates, no level emitters, no redstone logic or anything else to automate anything at all. and no funky designs. When i first started playing with them they both made Reinforced stone and Reinforced Glass houses... big huge squares, nothing more. For them its fun to say 'look at all the stuff i gathered'. I dont get it, but thats how they enjoy the game so thats cool.

My friend used every exploit to get to massive power, then quit within a week, said he was bored.

Anyway, i think even though we all kind of know what End Game means, callign the grind boring and the End game where the fun starts isnt really fair, for many people its the other way around.

I also think its why they will never make balanced mods and keep people happy: too many people have different definitions of how to have fun at this game, since the whole idea of the game is not to define an end game or a goal, like most all other games do.

netchip

Jul 29, 2019
I find it interesting how different people play. For the two guys i play with, its the exact opposite of how you play. They dont even automate ore processing, they just quarry into DSUs and smelt things as they need them. The only piping they need is to get items to the chests/DSUs, they put ores into furnaces by hand, and just build 10 induction furnaces in case they need a ton of stuff at once. no gates, no level emitters, no redstone logic or anything else to automate anything at all. and no funky designs. When i first started playing with them they both made Reinforced stone and Reinforced Glass houses... big huge squares, nothing more. For them its fun to say 'look at all the stuff i gathered'. I dont get it, but thats how they enjoy the game so thats cool.

My friend used every exploit to get to massive power, then quit within a week, said he was bored.

Anyway, i think even though we all kind of know what End Game means, callign the grind boring and the End game where the fun starts isnt really fair, for many people its the other way around.

I also think its why they will never make balanced mods and keep people happy: too many people have different definitions of how to have fun at this game, since the whole idea of the game is not to define an end game or a goal, like most all other games do.
End game is for me:
Enough resources to make whatever I want to make. Usually, my cousin is making all kinds of crazy farms. And I make crazy bases and *really* cool automation. Last time, we ran 20 boilers. We were close to a matter fab on max speed, but we got fed up with 1.5.2 lately and we're now taking the Universal Electricity and IC2 Development path, really challenging!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
I find it interesting how different people play... and no funky designs... For them its fun to say 'look at all the stuff i gathered'. I dont get it, but thats how they enjoy the game so thats cool.
Oh I agree, I spend weeks tinkering around working out how I should lay out my base. I'm only now about to fire up my first RC boiler, and I really don't use half of the power that I can already generate, but I wanted to set up 3 BioReactors automated to 100% efficiency and fill a tank with biofuel and then use it.

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Oh I agree, I spend weeks tinkering around working out how I should lay out my base. I'm only now about to fire up my first RC boiler, and I really don't use half of the power that I can already generate, but I wanted to set up 3 BioReactors automated to 100% efficiency and fill a tank with biofuel and then use it.

You and I have similar playstyles. One bioreactor at even half efficiency will run more than one boiler. A forestry Still will just maintain a full size HP boiler, one bioreactor is MUCH faster than a forestry Still. I never tested it fully I just ran the bioreactors to see how they worked, id guess one of them at full efficiency would run 4+ boilers. And it takes no power. Pretty OP imo. I like the forestry setup because its more complex.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
You and I have similar playstyles. One bioreactor at even half efficiency will run more than one boiler. A forestry Still will just maintain a full size HP boiler, one bioreactor is MUCH faster than a forestry Still. I never tested it fully I just ran the bioreactors to see how they worked, id guess one of them at full efficiency would run 4+ boilers. And it takes no power. Pretty OP imo. I like the forestry setup because its more complex.
Efficiency of a reactor does not change the speed at which biofuel is produced simply the biofuel created per input item. A biroreactor will produce one bucket of biofuel every 50 seconds. It can maintain two 36 HP boilers when they're at max heat.

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
A
Efficiency of a reactor does not change the speed at which biofuel is produced simply the biofuel created per input item. A biroreactor will produce one bucket of biofuel every 50 seconds. It can maintain two 36 HP boilers when they're at max heat.

Ahh. I'd read a bunch if threads saying people couldn't get the biofuel out if one as fast as it would make it, but mine didn't fill one liquiducts so I assumed more efficient meant faster production also.

The classless

Jul 29, 2019
take a break a good mind numbing game for you to get as far from thinking is saints row or gta then come back to minecraft after you get bored of those

Reactions: PierceSG

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
A

Ahh. I'd read a bunch if threads saying people couldn't get the biofuel out if one as fast as it would make it, but mine didn't fill one liquiducts so I assumed more efficient meant faster production also.

Sadly no, the fastest production you will ever get out of a biofuel reactor is 10mb/t. Much less than one liquiduct will transport at once