Will there be further updates for the Unleashed pack?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Lazerus Artificial

Jul 29, 2019
We thought about starting a server again, but so far we could not find a good 1.6 pack that would fit.
The closest would be the Forgecraft 2 or FTB Unleashed.
Forgecraft 2 has no working downloads anymore, all packs are broken or "wrong"
FTB Unleashed is 1.5.2, thats why im creating this topic.
The simple question is, will the Unleashed Pack get further updates, or will it just stay at 1.5.2, while a new pack for 1.6 or 1.7 comes out?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
from what slowpoke said, they'll be skipping 1.6 as 1.7 is already coming around the corner, and not all mods that are in the modpacks have been updated to 1.6
this gives them some extra time to work some more on the new launcher, as mojang changed alot with their launcher in 1.6

so as it stands right now, there will be no official 1.6 FTB Unleashed pack, there might be an unofficial pack at one point, but nothing like that is planned.
my suggestion to you is, if the people on your server are not that good in installing mods themselves, stay on 1.5.2, but if they do know how to install mods, you could try moving to 1.6 though you will be missing some of the mods in Unleashed

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Direwolf20 tweeted yesterday that there would be a 1.6 DW20 pack. He stated there was no ETA as he's waiting on a few mods.

Reactions: Pokefenn

Lazerus Artificial

Jul 29, 2019
doesnt matter if they skip 1.6, the main question would be, if they update that pack, or if they want to release a completely new pack. as far as i know "Unleashed" is the primary pack of ftb.
if Unleashed "dies" after 1.5.2 and they release a new "main pack" with completely different mods, id's etc, then it would not be worth to add a modpack, if i need to update half the mods manually.
Mindcrack died with 1.4.7, thats why we have not played since then, dont want to have that over and over again

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
doesnt matter if they skip 1.6, the main question would be, if they update that pack, or if they want to release a completely new pack. as far as i know "Unleashed" is the primary pack of ftb.
if Unleashed "dies" after 1.5.2 and they release a new "main pack" with completely different mods, id's etc, then it would not be worth to add a modpack, if i need to update half the mods manually.
Mindcrack died with 1.4.7, thats why we have not played since then, dont want to have that over and over again

Ultimate died, at least partially, because of RP2 and other major mods that didn't update, the worldgen and devices were so entwined with people's play and worlds that any attempt to update the pack without them would have killed worlds and caused more problems than it solved.

As I recall (from a post at the release of Unleashed):
Slow said:
It is intended that worlds created in this pack will work with the 1.6 update although this is dependant on mod updates.
I'd imagine that it carries on to 1.7, if that's going to be the next pack release, but the last half is worth considering. All attempts will be made by FTB to ensure continuity, but, if an update will break worlds, then the update will not happen.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
They release a new pack when it's not backwards compatible so people still playing on 1.4.7 don't just get their worlds trashed.

So yeah 1.6 *may* be a new pack it depends whether the changes Mojang made to 1.6 are backwards compatible or not. Then and only then do you look at the mod state, atm there's no MFR or TE for 1.6 so are you prepared to update from Unleashed 1.5 to a 1.6 version and lose all the items... I'd say probably not and FTB have to make that decision on whether it warrants a new pack to preserve the old ones.

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
Mindcrack isn't run by FTB, only hosted. It changes when the Mindcrackers decide to change it.

Far as I know though, Unleashed is continuing. Ultimate is dead. However, for all we know, they could flip it back around once things stablize again.

Lazerus Artificial

Jul 29, 2019
They release a new pack when it's not backwards compatible so people still playing on 1.4.7 don't just get their worlds trashed.

So yeah 1.6 *may* be a new pack it depends whether the changes Mojang made to 1.6 are backwards compatible or not. Then and only then do you look at the mod state, atm there's no MFR or TE for 1.6 so are you prepared to update from Unleashed 1.5 to a 1.6 version and lose all the items... I'd say probably not and FTB have to make that decision on whether it warrants a new pack to preserve the old ones.
makes sense.
but MFR and TE are still in developement, right? would be sad if not :(
as long as there is a similar version of Unleashed for future packs, it would be not a big problem with updating (as long as they wont mess around with IDs and everything in the world gets deleted)

Lazerus Artificial

Jul 29, 2019
the last version i used in 1.4.7 had the "recreate function" to spawn Thaumcraft things in existing worlds.

btw, what happened to microblocks?
the last thing i heard about them was, that they will get implemented into Forge.
Is it there, or do i need Immibis?

Mashy14

Jul 29, 2019
the last version i used in 1.4.7 had the "recreate function" to spawn Thaumcraft things in existing worlds.

the last thing i heard about them was, that they will get implemented into Forge.
Is it there, or do i need Immibis?

There is a mod already added to unleashed called Forge Multipart, which has microblocks

dirtyriver

Jul 29, 2019
Wyld said on stream something about unleashed 1.1.5 today. Something about adding a new mod. Maybe rotary craft ? Slowpoke was streaming it earlier with the dev.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019

Not implemented into, but made with. The Chickenbones version (Forge Multipart) is in all the 1.5.2 packs, I believe. Not sure about the Immibis version.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
makes sense.
but MFR and TE are still in developement, right? would be sad if not :(
as long as there is a similar version of Unleashed for future packs, it would be not a big problem with updating (as long as they wont mess around with IDs and everything in the world gets deleted)

MFR not atm, there's unofficial ports which we know FTB wont use, it seems Powercrystals got busy in RL or is taking a break (or both if that's possible). As for TE, well King Lemming often frequents these forums and has already stated it will come, but as always modders are at the mercy of Mojang who seem to be putting out new snapshots/versions several times a day lately [/exaggeration].

Lazerus Artificial

Jul 29, 2019
MFR not atm, there's unofficial ports which we know FTB wont use, it seems Powercrystals got busy in RL or is taking a break (or both if that's possible). As for TE, well King Lemming often frequents these forums and has already stated it will come, but as always modders are at the mercy of Mojang who seem to be putting out new snapshots/versions several times a day lately [/exaggeration].
oh noes :s
MFR was my big hope as RP2 replacement :(

Not implemented into, but made with. The Chickenbones version (Forge Multipart) is in all the 1.5.2 packs, I believe. Not sure about the Immibis version.
is it in unleashed?

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Yes it is but the recipes aren't in NEI although it's similar to the old RP way:

You have 3 saws (Stone/Iron/Diamond recipes are in NEI) and you cut up the blocks in a similar fashion to RP.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I think it keeps the block spam out of NEI (for obvious reasons), but you can probably turn it back on if needed (given that both mods are ChickenBone's creation), and I think it even has it's own section of NEI.