Forestry Tree Effects

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Gimply Goose

Jul 29, 2019
In the 1.5.2 Unleashed modpack I noticed that Forestry tree saplings could have an "Effect" much like bees. I have yet to discover any "Effects", but then again I have only bred about 14 species. I suppose my question is: are there any tree "Effects" yet and if there are, are any worth breeding onto my trees?
G07lKT3.png

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think there's any tree that adds an effect, at least in base Forestry (what Binnie does, nobody knows). It's quite possible that Sengir is just reusing the same data structure as bees have for their genome, and the field is present but unused.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
I found the Common Tick effect, it removes one heart from you until you die or swim in water. The debuf tooltip says: "You've got some little friends"

Reactions: Riuga

Gimply Goose

Jul 29, 2019
I found the Common Tick effect, it removes one heart from you until you die or swim in water. The debuf tooltip says: "You've got some little friends"

Haha, that's great! I now have this great plan of giving all my server pals "super" trees ;)

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
At least you have given me a few ideas on special effects for Demons :3. A plague demon that shoots locusts at you? Might be disgusting, yet totally awesome...

Awww, it's cute how squeamish you are, yet make a blood magic/demonology mod xD.
No I didn't, but my hopes are dashed and now I feel a bit embarrassed. Maybe it will be added, I can dream can't I?
Well, now that the cat's outta the bag, I don't see why not, hah :D.

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
Awww, it's cute how squeamish you are, yet make a blood magic/demonology mod xD.Well, now that the cat's outta the bag, I don't see why not, hah :D.
What, do you think I'm going to make a demon that shoots flowers at you? At least I found one that will represent you, Poppy!

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
What, do you think I'm going to make a demon that shoots flowers at you? At least I found one that will represent you, Poppy!

Hah, please no, but you can add a poppy-flower biome which'd give you the nausea debuff if you spend more than 10 minutes in it. With colors and stuff :D.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
No, no, no, it should absolutely make you hallucinate you're being followed by a jungle cat, iron golem and villager.

Morphine doesn't usually cause hallucination. Moderate nausea + resistance effects would be better for it. I'd leave hallucinations for those weird mushrooms. If there are too many and you are exhausted from days of rowing in a boat you can sometimes imagine that you see mushrooms as high as a trees with mushroom cows walking between them.