Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Ok. Not so simple question. But I wanna try gregtech. I did disable some stuff, like the wood and lower durability on stuff. But Ive never tried gregtech. Is there a getting started with it? Hammers? All these new stuff? Its like wooooah.

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
Ok. Not so simple question. But I wanna try gregtech. I did disable some stuff, like the wood and lower durability on stuff. But Ive never tried gregtech. Is there a getting started with it? Hammers? All these new stuff? Its like wooooah.
ive stuck it in unleashed since the pack came out, and disabled all the stupid recipies.

for GT, your starting point is IC2- macerator, extractor, etc. GT has its own versions, but you cant go wrong w/ a generator, electric furnace, macerator, extractor. IC2 has some massive changes coming soon, with its own ore-doubling (currently triple, but will be changed) line.
then you can move up to some of the adv. stuff. its mainly power storage and better versions of the basic machines. the latter in form of cool multiblock structures. your main mid-late game power source will be either ulti-hybrid solars, and/or nuclear reactors.
for truly stupid amounts of power, a fusion reactor is THE end-game power source-that needs a serious amount of work to automate.
when in doubt, open a creative world and the wiki. look something up, mess around, look another thing up, etc.

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
Does darkness from the Gaseous Tenebre allow for hostile mobs to spawn in affected areas (actually lowering light level)?

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Th

The second photo I have 9 outputs and 5 inputs so it's under 2:1. It's weird that each connection should transfer 160 mb/t but 5 outputs won't give me 720 mb/t. Confusing.
The way I interpret it:
Each liquiduct can transfer at max 160 mB/t into the consumer. A boiler transfers at max 80 mB/t into an adjacent block that accepts steam.
Your setup in the top picture has 3 transfer systems:
- boiler via 7 liquiducts -> steam consumer via 3 liquiducts: 7*80 = 560 input max, 3*160=480 output max => 480 transferred
- boiler via 1 liquiduct -> steam consumer via 1 liquiduct: 1*80 = 80 input max, 1*160 = 160 output max => 80 transferred
- boiler directly into the steam consumer: 80 transferred
Sum: 480+80+80 = 640

Your setup in the bottom picture has 2 transfer systems:
- boiler via 8 liquiducts -> steam consumer via 4 liquiducts: 8*80 = 640 input max, 4*160=640 output max => 640 transferred
Sum: 640+80 = 720

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
I just used Modular Power Suits for the first time.

One thing I noticed is that for some reason, my stored energy keeps resetting to full. I have a bunch of modules in my suit, but none that generates power. I have an unmodified elite battery (750 KJ storage) and the only thing that draws power right now is jump, walk and sprint assist in the legs.

I've been wearing the suit and going about my business. At one point, it got as low as 713 KJ energy stored, then I chopped some pumpkins with an axe and looked again: 749 KJ stored. It happens completely at random. I've also seen something like this happen in DW20's videos - his suits never seem to consume any power and just fluctuate a few KJ around whatever value he last charged them to. And I've seen it happen in both 1.4.7 and 1.5.2 (I myself am playing on 1.5.2). And I've also seen it happen in his 1.6.2 Forgecraft 2 series - check out episode 15 at around 15:45 for example, and watch the powersuit energy meter. It just randomly jumps upwards several thousand KJ.

Now since this has been happening for as long as the mod has existed, it seems unlikely to be a bug...? But then why does it do that, and how do I turn it off?

Nobody for my MPS question?

Might have to take it to MachineMuse directly then...

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
I don't have a MPS power tool yet - I just have the four armor pieces right now.

If I had it, how would it affect me?

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
I don't have a MPS power tool yet - I just have the four armor pieces right now.

If I had it, how would it affect me?

its battery will be added to the total with it selected in your hotbar, making it seem as though power increased.

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
its battery will be added to the total with it selected in your hotbar, making it seem as though power increased.

Actually, that's wrong. If your power tool is in your inventory at all, its weight and battery level is included in the powersuit's calculations, not just if it's selected in your hotbar.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
ive stuck it in unleashed since the pack came out, and disabled all the stupid recipies.

for GT, your starting point is IC2- macerator, extractor, etc. GT has its own versions, but you cant go wrong w/ a generator, electric furnace, macerator, extractor. IC2 has some massive changes coming soon, with its own ore-doubling (currently triple, but will be changed) line.
then you can move up to some of the adv. stuff. its mainly power storage and better versions of the basic machines. the latter in form of cool multiblock structures. your main mid-late game power source will be either ulti-hybrid solars, and/or nuclear reactors.
for truly stupid amounts of power, a fusion reactor is THE end-game power source-that needs a serious amount of work to automate.
when in doubt, open a creative world and the wiki. look something up, mess around, look another thing up, etc.

Shoulda mentioned. Im on 1.6.2 gregtech. 1.5.2 Im done already. Built everything I could want via ic2. Got solars for days. Few other stuff. Etcetc. But I always wanted to try actually using gregtech so I could have a reason for iridium and what not. And in 1.6.2 there also doesnt seem to be advanced solars.(Prob cause it hasnt updated. harhar) but yeah. Only 1 solar panal from what I can see. So I need to branch out and use other mods too.

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
The way I interpret it:
Each liquiduct can transfer at max 160 mB/t into the consumer. A boiler transfers at max 80 mB/t into an adjacent block that accepts steam.
Your setup in the top picture has 3 transfer systems:
- boiler via 7 liquiducts -> steam consumer via 3 liquiducts: 7*80 = 560 input max, 3*160=480 output max => 480 transferred
- boiler via 1 liquiduct -> steam consumer via 1 liquiduct: 1*80 = 80 input max, 1*160 = 160 output max => 80 transferred
Sum: 480+80+80 = 640

Your setup in the bottom picture has 2 transfer systems:
- boiler via 8 liquiducts -> steam consumer via 4 liquiducts: 8*80 = 640 input max, 4*160=640 output max => 640 transferred
Sum: 640+80 = 720
Perfect explanation now I get it thanks for the reply.[DOUBLEPOST=1378654386][/DOUBLEPOST]
Nobody for my MPS question?

Might have to take it to MachineMuse directly then...

I think few people will know. I use solar panel and kinetic generator and installed them the day I made my suit so I wouldn't ever know if the suit gained energy in a "wrong" way. I also think few people try to solve bugs that give them free stuff too :)

WardyJo

Jul 29, 2019
Xycraft tanks question;

I'm still playing on a Mindcrack-pack server and I'm now at the stage to start building a fusion reactor, for the tritium and deuterium I want to use Xycraft tanks as buffers.
I need the whole setup to fit in a single chunk (or more accurately have only a single chunk loaded), so my question is, do I only need the input/output valves to be inside the loaded chunk (to save space) or do I need the whole tank in the chunk?

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
I don't know the answner to your question but if you want to play it safe I would consider stacking vertically and putting the tank valves on the bottom (top can be used only as a fluid input).

Zettt

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to tell which version of Java I am running within Minecraft? I see the open files when I run ps on the command line, but I want to know from the app which version it is using.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Xycraft tanks question;

I'm still playing on a Mindcrack-pack server and I'm now at the stage to start building a fusion reactor, for the tritium and deuterium I want to use Xycraft tanks as buffers.
I need the whole setup to fit in a single chunk (or more accurately have only a single chunk loaded), so my question is, do I only need the input/output valves to be inside the loaded chunk (to save space) or do I need the whole tank in the chunk?

Multiblock structures like Xycraft Tanks glitch up and usually become individual blocks when they go over a chunk boundary and one chunk's unloaded. So it'll forget that it's a tank, so I highly recommend keeping them in one chunk (or just using Chunk Loaders.)

Is there a way to tell which version of Java I am running within Minecraft? I see the open files when I run ps on the command line, but I want to know from the app which version it is using.

Not AFAIK. I suppose you could just check which version of Java's the default and MC probably runs that.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019

Options --> Snooper Settings --> find the line named "java_version".

Reactions: Whovian

Zettt

Jul 29, 2019

Let me answer myself: check the log file (ForgeModLoader-client-0.log) first before asking questions. The second line tells you which version it's using:

Code:
2013-09-08 18:34:40 [INFO] [ForgeModLoader] Forge Mod Loader version 5.2.23.737 for Minecraft 1.5.2 loading
2013-09-08 18:34:40 [INFO] [ForgeModLoader] Java is Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM, version 1.7.0_25, running on Mac OS X:x86_64:10.9, installed at /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home
[DOUBLEPOST=1378658596][/DOUBLEPOST]
Options --> Snooper Settings --> find the line named "java_version".

Oh nice, didn't know about that! Thanks!

einsteinsci

Jul 29, 2019
Thermal Expansion:
What is the nature of invar armor? Does it have special properties? I can't find anything on it anywhere.

jhxmt

Jul 29, 2019
Thermal Expansion:
Does the current version of TE in FTB Unleashed still allow for rich slag to be produced? I've smelted around 200 ores (not dusts) with sand in my induction smelter so far, with not a single piece of rich slag produced. Am I just incredibly unlucky?