Doing some research in the newest IC2_Exp build[138]

matpower123

Jul 29, 2019
After seeing the talk about IC2,I decided to see by myself(WARNING:I didn't watch recent FC2 episodes by DW20,so sorry if I sounds like a noob).
2013-09-05_18.01.38.png
This is the SemiFluid Generator,I have no idea about the fuel atm. :p
2013-09-05_18.01.47.png
This is the RTG(Radioisotope Thermoelectric Generator),Again I have no idea in the fuel(IC2 uranium got so many changes and I want to wait a little more to be sure).
2013-09-05_18.01.53.png
Geothermal got some rework in the GUI,so it looks like the SemiFluid gen.
2013-09-05_18.01.56.png
This is the CESU,it's the replacement of the MFE for MV(More details below).
2013-09-05_18.02.00.png
IC2 power storage is like this atm:
Batbox - LV
CESU - MV
MFE - HV
MFSU -EV(iirc,else it's HV)
2013-09-05_18.02.15.png
Mek generators doesn't like IC2 cables right now.:p
2013-09-05_18.02.20.png
I have no idea why add this,anyway,I placed a piece of cobble = stone dust.
Anyone can give me an explanation about this?
2013-09-05_18.02.27.png
UU-Mater(with only a "t" in NEI) is now a liquid,this looks like a GT machine to save UU-Matter patterns(I can't remember the name,I think it was UU-Matter Assembler?).
2013-09-05_18.02.37.png
This is a UU-Matter recipe scanner,place a block and he will show how much uu-matter it uses(At least this is what I understand),also this thing is SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOW,more slow than a slowpoke. :p
2013-09-05_18.02.57.png
It is scanning a batbox just for testing,this thing is power hungry too.

UU-Matter generation is slow even with scrap,also there is the ore washer plant,but I think most people know it :p
Since it's unstable atm,it got some problems with this API and other mods using it(See Mek last build).
Also about the recipes:
I found them a pain early on,where you need to mess with the tools and with a limited amount of space,later I wouldn't care >:/

If there is anything which I forgot or you want to fill the blanks,please post it. :)

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Semifluid will probably take stuff like oil and biofuel and creo.

Thanks for looking at it for us!

Let the theorycrafting and drama begin!

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Centrifuge is for processing washed ores basically trippling ores right now...subject to change.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
I like new stuff. New stuff is cool. New toys are fun to play with. Everyone loves new toys.

One thing nobody likes is expensive toys. Toys that require a hammer with durability to make plates to be able to make wires until you get enough stuff for a machine to do it.

I like the new content, don't like the new recipes.

P.S. If you want to see but not touch the new IC2 stuff, check out DireWolf20's FC2 series.[DOUBLEPOST=1378418536][/DOUBLEPOST]And before anyone blames GregT for everything, check who's making the changes first http://141.28.27.36:8080/job/IC2_experimental/changes

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Also, the recipes have changed from refined iron plates to just iron plates...so a step removed

matpower123

Jul 29, 2019
Also, the recipes have changed from refined iron plates to just iron plates...so a step removed
Well,the reason of removing ref.iron it's because ref iron only existed to be use like the plates(as an exclusive mod item so it doesn't conflict with other mods),with plates doing this,ref iron can't exist.

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
Looking at that changelog, player and Thunderdark have done all the changes that have gotten flak. Greg actually hasn't done anything negative that I can see. He's actually quite funny with the oredict bug fixes.

Regardless, plates/wire cutters are just a extra step that adds tedium and should be axed IMO.

Reactions: Mortvana

matpower123

Jul 29, 2019
Looking at that changelog, player and Thunderdark have done all the changes that have gotten flak. Greg actually hasn't done anything negative that I can see. He's actually quite funny with the oredict bug fixes.

Regardless, plates/wire cutters are just a extra step that adds tedium and should be axed IMO.
IC2 team is pretty funny :p
Greg and his love for the ore-dict or Thunderdark calling machines maSchines since MFFS :p
But I think the worse thing it IC2 woundn't have the GT-like configs for disabling this kind of stuff

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
I just hope they didn't needlessly nerf the MFSU and MFE recipes. Because really, saying that IC2 is OP in 1.5 is downright idiotic. If anything some areas needed to be buffed. One disturbing change I heard about in a Dire video was that you can only have one packet per cable or something to that extent.

Overall, it seems like the IC2 Devs are just on a grand nerfing campaign. Why I'm not sure, since IC2 has never been OP to my knowledge. Lack of configs is going to amply this badly.

Reactions: Mortvana

mushroom taco

Jul 29, 2019
[rantFromAngryTexturer]

After seeing the arrow on the GUIs, I can only assume Greg made the GUIs. Nobody else could be so awful at texturing to make the shading and indenting so bad. Making the upper half dark, and the lower half white... that's not how it works.

[/rantFromAngryTexturer]
No, it was sirusking. He's the new sprite artist for ic2.

It seems like people blame Greg for everything... The instant people saw the words "recipe change" it was automatically Greg's doing, when in reality HE'S ONLY THERE FOR API-RELATED THINGS AND BUG FIXES/TYPOS

Analiel

Jul 29, 2019
UU Matter actually still exists, besides being in liquid form, under the name that starts with Universal (I forget stuff :))

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
It seems like people blame Greg for everything... The instant people saw the words "recipe change" it was automatically Greg's doing, when in reality HE'S ONLY THERE FOR API-RELATED THINGS AND BUG FIXES/TYPOS
API changes, API changes... there wouldnt any blame on Greg, if that IC2 changes wouldnt scream: i am spawn of Greg!

that UU scan thing that UU transformation in stuff, would be like AS atomic assembler but more flexible yet duller.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the effort on showing the additions. Personally it just doesn't look fun at all.

mushroom taco

Jul 29, 2019
API changes, API changes... there wouldnt any blame on Greg, if that IC2 changes wouldnt scream: i am spawn of Greg!

that UU scan thing that UU transformation in stuff, would be like AS atomic assembler but more flexible yet duller.
But it doesn't... There are a few things that may have been inspired by gregtech (hammers, wire cutters, and I think that's it...), but other than that... Tell me what recipe changes scream "I am gregtech".

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
Not necessarily the recipes, but things like the semi-fluid generator. In which mod was this before 1.6 ic2? Oh yeah, right, GT.

Anyways, I'm glad I removed anything IC2 related from my packs ;)

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
But it doesn't... There are a few things that may have been inspired by gregtech (hammers, wire cutters, and I think that's it...), but other than that... Tell me what recipe changes scream "I am gregtech".
so copying something(hammer and bending machine) and tweaking numbers is called inspired by?

you also should add to the list of greg-alike stuff UU matter changes.