Share Your Tinker's Construct Tools!

Malexion

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, also it should be noted that cobalt does not increase the swing speed of weapons.

So a metal with higher damage potential is best.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
My tool of choice is a Steel head/cobalt plates hammer with mahna mahna rod. I've only dropped a silky jewel on it since I have GT, I want to silk-touch all the ores. Steel will give a very low repair cost, and the cobalt plates help the speed. I believe my speed is currently 10 without any other modifiers. It mines pretty quick so far. I may one day add redstone to it, but haven't yet. My current weapon of choice is an all cactus cleaver. I purposely leave at low durability since it increases the damage. I can two hit most mobs and use the heads for decoration. I may one day upgrade to a real weapon, but haven't needed one yet. I also have a stone/wood excavator I use for clearing out dirt and sand.

Julian Zhou

Jul 29, 2019
So I have decided on putting one set of Lapis and once set of Redstone on to the pickaxe and hammer, Repair II and heat. On the Excavator I put repair II and two set of redstone. On the Rapier, I put Repair II and then slammed with to the brim with Quartz.

vertagen

Jul 29, 2019
I usually do a Hammer with Stone head, everything else thaum, stick both upgrades for upgrade slots if i have acces to them. Then just stick redstone on it so its quick and a diamond so it can mine everthing.
For a weapon, i do a broadsword from manamanam, with rest thaum, put quartz until it does like 7 damage then put fire and looting.
I dont usually make picks, because dartcraft ones are kinda better for what i need.
If i do they are Full ardite with electric smelt/lapiz

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
2013-09-01_00.03.30.png

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
Some tools I like to use:

Grim Reaper
Scythe
Manyllium head
Slime tough rods
Paper tough binding

1x Repair + 3x Nether Quartz.

All the things die now. None of this business with firey or anything, I just want raw damage.

You have a scythe called "Grim Reaper" and you didn't put any necrotic bones on it? I am dissapoint.

Unrelated note: I added a nether star and 50 more redstone to my pick, it's speed is now 30.9

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
You have a scythe called "Grim Reaper" and you didn't put any necrotic bones on it? I am dissapoint.
Well, you can still use Diamond + Gold Block or Nether Star to add on an extra couple of slots. Necrotic can be one of them.

Actually, come to think of it, Necrotic would be NASTY with a scythe. Consider how many opponents you can hit at once, and each one healing you for their hit...

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
why? Take my pick as an example, tell me what benefits I would recieve by using thaumium over paper.
With the bindings paper is fine but in parts that contribute to durability Thaumium is better I think? Also, in addition to 'writability' it adds 'thaumic', whatever that does. ((Whoops, remembered things wrong, Thaumic is writability kinda))

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
With the bindings paper is fine but in parts that contribute to durability Thaumium is better I think? Also, in addition to 'writability' it adds 'thaumic', whatever that does.

right and why would I want more durability on a stonebound electrical tool?

Zexks

Jul 29, 2019
Just put my first pick and shovel together last night. Iron head, blue slime rod and binder, and electric. Not sure if it's a bug or what, but neither of these are charged (I don't have a power setup yet), they move break blocks about as fast as iron, maybe a bit faster, and they don't appear to take any durability damage. Rapier that is iron blade, slime rod and guard. That rapier doesn't seem to work well against pigmen unfortunately, but the pick and shovel do pretty good.