Help me finding the next modpack

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

iMontouch

Jul 29, 2019
Hey there,

since our host crashed the world and is unable to deliver any backups we want to start all over again. (for the third time now)
We played FTB Ultimate 1.4.7.

Now we are standing before this huge decision: We cant decide which modpack to chose. I thought that you can help us maybe.

What we want:
GregTech (we dont want to rush into that endgame within 1 week, + we like fusion reactors.)
AE (no more storage using them pipes)
ChickenChunks
RedPower2 (for DW20's Mining machine)
IC2 --> (optional: UltHybSolPanels)
Mystcraft
Portal Gun
Soul Shards

We know, all these mods are included in the FTB Ultimate package. The question is: Is there a better alternative? And we recognized problems with frames in this version. Maybe they were serverside or something else, but we dont want to start all over and dive into problems we could've bypassed.

So: What modpack would you recommend?

thanks
-iMontouch

quantumllama

Jul 29, 2019
As far as I know, there is no RedPower2 for the versions past 1.4.7, so you might as well stay in Ultimate. You should check out some of the Gregtech changes for the new versions as well and talk about them with your community, they've caused a lot of division.

The other mods are fine. I'm sure someone will be able to give you information on the new packs one by one, I don't know too much about them since I still play 1.4.7.

Labhras

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like you could get away with a slightly modified Unleashed. By default, gregtech isn't on that, but it is on unhinged, so unless there is some pissing contest going on, you should be able to get it working with a simple swap. Then you can just remove the other stuff you don't like, which probably includes Dartcraft if you're the type that enjoys GregTech.

There is some nonupdate drama going on with redpower 2 though. Sorry bout that.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Magic Farm...

Why, because it's beautifully balanced, craves the complexity I desire from early game and puts the real challenge back into the game.

No map - hated this to start with after playing so long with one, but now I'm used to it.

The hunger games .... wow I didn't realise how much of a difference this makes to the game, the emphasis on farming is massive, you need to put on the wellies and get stuck in (or find dungeon chests).

And the mobs, just wtf lol, you have it all, random magic "boss" mobs to named mobs, that jump at you, make you jump, that explode into fireballs and then there's the spawners... my god it's just so much fun.

Hats off to Jaded!!

And yeah there's no server download but it's easy to make one and I can tell you it's a damn site more stable than Unleashed lol :D

I dare you to try it and not add any map mod, it does require NEIaddons though otherwise you can't tell the recipes which for some (like the pulverisor) are altered.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Im gonna tell you what the server I play on uses, not everyone is gonna like it but...

Unleashed with GregTech and Power Converters added, BoP is Disabled, we have also removed DartCraft and EE3, since we want a more elongated gameplay, but again that is entirely up to you. This pack slows me down to the level i want :D

we also just for fun enabled Hats and HatStand

Reactions: SatanicSanta