Share Your Tinker's Construct Tools!

Julian Zhou

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys, so I thought I'd start a thread on what kinds of tools have been created using Tinker's Construct. Please include the modifiers on them, and what materials you used to make them and of course, why you made the tool the way you did. Now, normally I would start with my tools. But I'm fairly new to Tinker's Construct and will be looking at this thread for what you guys can come up with and that will be influencing my final combination of tools & modifiers. (Will be shared in the OP)

EDIT: After doing something thinking. I plan on making all my tools out of Cobalt for Speed and my weapons out of Manananh for Damage. All with the standard two moss for repair II. I plan on adding special modifiers to all my main tools. - The Excavator, Hammer, Pickaxe and Rapier. What those will be, I'm still thinking.

EDIT 2: So I have decided on putting one set of Lapis and once set of Redstone on to the pickaxe and hammer, Repair II and heat. On the Excavator I put repair II and two set of redstone. On the Rapier, I put Repair II and then slammed with to the brim with Quartz.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
My picks tend to be the best head I can get, Stone Rod for Stonebound, Obsidian Binding for Reinforced III. I use an Obsidian Rod, Iron Head for my shovel and axe. My hammer has two iron plates, a Stone head and An Obsidian tough Tool rod. Excavator is all stone. They all get a moss coating, pick, hammer and excavator get one block of lapis. Since most of them are stone, I can carry a tool station with me or make one on the fly and repair them with the huge amounts of cobble generated.

I might upgrade to a Manyllyn Hammer at some point, but since i use it mostly for chewing tunnels in stone, I don't really see a need yet. With Fortune one you generate a metric ton of coal just going through a vein. And even more Apatite. Oh boy at the apatite.

Julian Zhou

Jul 29, 2019
My picks tend to be the best head I can get, Stone Rod for Stonebound, Obsidian Binding for Reinforced III. I use an Obsidian Rod, Iron Head for my shovel and axe. My hammer has two iron plates, a Stone head and An Obsidian tough Tool rod. Excavator is all stone. They all get a moss coating, pick, hammer and excavator get one block of lapis. Since most of them are stone, I can carry a tool station with me or make one on the fly and repair them with the huge amounts of cobble generated.

I might upgrade to a Manyllyn Hammer at some point, but since i use it mostly for chewing tunnels in stone, I don't really see a need yet. With Fortune one you generate a metric ton of coal just going through a vein. And even more Apatite. Oh boy at the apatite.

iirc, If you use cobalt or ardite (Its one of the two, forgot which one) You get the fastest mining speed. Faster than manyllyn

Malexion

Jul 29, 2019
Pick:
- Cobalt head
- Paper binding
- Manallyn Rod
+ Lapis I
+ Redstone I
+ Moss II

Sword - longsword:
- Manallyn blade and rod
- Paper guard
+ Beheading I
+ Quartz I
+ Moss II

Larger tools are all combinations of Cobalt heads and Manallyn rods and paper tough bindings where applicable.

Bow is usually two green slime rods, enchanted string, Auto-repair II and Haste I

Lohengrin

Jul 29, 2019
Cutlass
Many blade, hilt, handle
Lapis and quartz for the rest.
Durability similar to the GNP of a small nation. Eventually I might slap a star on it and slather it in moss, but might pour more quartz on it for ludicris dmg.

Reactions: Riuga

athelred

Jul 29, 2019
If you have thaumcraft as well, you can create some interesting tools with thaumium.

My current favorite mining tool is a hammer with a a stone head, two thaumium plates, and a thaumium tough tool rod. It has 5 upgrades base. Add a diamond to increase the mining level, some redstone to increase the speed (two full sets gives a speed of 12), and silk touch, and you have seriously fast mining tool that basically costs nothing to repair
(it uses stone). You even have 1 free upgrade plus the two you can add. With the base speed and stonebound, you just tear through anything. All in a cheap package.

Malexion

Jul 29, 2019
Wait thaumium has 5 upgrades on base???

I just made a pick with a thaumium binding and it does the same thing as paper.

athelred

Jul 29, 2019
It looks like it stacks. I was surprised too. A full thaumium hammer has 6 base. I don't know if it is intentional or not. I have not experimented all that much past the hammer creation.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Hmmm... That's interesting. I went two thousand blocks through the nether and found ten cobalt and one ardite. I forgot I could even use them as materials in their own right.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
IMO the best all round configuration is; Steel head, Paper binding, and Blue/green slime crystal handle.

Explanation; Steel is possibly the best all round material to use for a head for a decent durability/ minespeed, also is a rather inexpensive repair (steel is essentially just iron). I keep seeing players use plain cobalt and ardite tools sometimes they don't realize they should save that ore and alloy it in to Manullium. Steel only gets outranked by Manullium as far as durability goes.

I make the binding paper as the binding has no bearing on the tools durability and paper gives you one extra modifier. I really don't know why people make full paper tools as by doing that you absolutely HAVE to waste 1-2 of the gained modifiers with a diamond and emerald to make trips to the repair table less frequent. May as well just make the binding paper and make the head/ handle out of sturdier stuff. Of course you could add a battery enhancement that MIGHT make full paper bearable but you still have to use up those modifiers on speed.

I make the handle out of blue/green slime crystal. Blue slime crystal is easy to find mats for and has a durability modifier of 1.5 and greenslime is only slightly more difficult then blue slime to find (made trivial if you have a good clime chunk or swamp) but still easy and gives you a whopping 2.0 durability handle modifier.

It tides you over well till you are able to make full Manullium tools. Enhance it with whatever, I make sure I have multiple tools. One with silktouch and one with fortune but the thing I always try to add as standard are a diamond and or emerald. I also add auto repair and fill the rest with speed after I've added the silktouch/ luck. I always put speed on last as it's easy to accidentally go too far and use up extra modifiers.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
My first pick after the starter stone\wood ones is bronze head\blue or green slime handle\stone binding with diamond\redstone I later this becomes my Fortune pick by adding lapis, I also always make a Tool Forge as soon as I have 36 iron and I make a stone\wood hammer and excavator since they seriously speed up your mining even as stone. Later tools are a mix of Cobalt heads\ardite rods\obsidian and thaum plates and bindings, often electric as well as speed\silk touch etc.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
First pick when learning about TS: Thamium head and rod, bone binding, with nether star and diamond + gold block.
Auto Repair II
Fortune III
Durability +500
Haste I
Durrability +50%

My second pick: Cobalt head, paper binding and Manallyn Rod, with nether star and diamond + gold block.
Electric
Fortune 3
Auto smelt
the rest haste.

Noby07

Jul 29, 2019
So, if somebody would like to see my basic tools there ya go:
Firstly i start in a new world with basic wood/stone (later after grindstone maybe vanilla iron tools, dont kill me for that) and then I try to get a smeltery set up and to make steel (since the new calclavia MFFS version adds arecipe for 2 steel pwr 4 coal and 1 iron) and usually add a obsidian binding or rod for shovel or hatchet so it gets more awesome. Then i try to make another regular lucky pick wich would be a next try and upgrade the firstp
Pick to a silky one, and i qould bother making them electric since i dont really care about IC2 and just going solar. It isnt that extrem to repair my tools with 1 piece of ateel if they dont have electric already. So less lapis and this silky stuff + redstone and more diamondz.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
pick: steel pick head with obsidian binding and green slime handle. slap 1 moss on it and then fortune the bejezus out of it. this pick is only used for valuables i want to get max out of, so it's not used constantly. it's mostly keeping itself in very good repair.

hammer: stone hammer head with one obsidian plate (because one is enough for reinforced III, they don't stack) and a green slime plate and rod if i can afford both. I slap a diamond and a silky gem on it and as much redstone as i can in the remaining slot. this is my working hammer. it's not super duper fast, but it won't jam up my inventory too fast either. it's repaired with cobble too, so dirt cheap to maintain.

axe: hatchet,stone,wood wood. there is little point in using more on it, since as soon as i am able i make a lumber axe out of steel, obsidian and slime. it takes trees down like nobody's business, and with moss on and fairly irregular use, it is self maintaining for the most part as well.

Shovel: stone/flint/cactus shovel, replaced asap with a stone excavator, i sometimes put a diamond on the flint shovel to pick up gold gravel ore if i feel rich in diamonds and poor in gold. the stone excavator with an obsidian plate slime rod. but i'm not choosy. this thing is only there for low value crap i want out of the way.

early weapon is a cactus or flint longsword with slime or wooden rod/handguard. i never put anything else on these.
mid term weapon is a steel longsword with either obsidian handguard/slime handle, or alternatively a paper handle for the extra modifier if i feel like it. sometimes i add lapis for the looting aspect, but not always. (depends on wither i find any spawners tbh. i like to use soul shards a lot for mobdrop grindin)
ultimate is an all manyully cleaver with netherquarts and an extra head lopping mod. it's for getting heads see. and nothing else. (that and the joy of killing everything and their momma in one hit)

Mid to late game weapon of choice is a bow. slime rods and enchanted bowstring if i have the capability to make one.
arrows are mostly cactus. slime shaft and feather fletching. i rarely bother with upgrading them tho, since they do fairly decent out of the box. i sometimes add a single piece of netherquarts to each arrow for that half heart bonus, or if i feel rich in blazes, as much blaze powder as i can fit. burn baby burn.

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
Before I have an MPS: Pick Cobalt head, Paper binding, Manyulyn rod Emerald, lapis, moss, the rest is redstone (have another that has smelting that I use for nether mining) LongSword Many blade, paper guard, many rod Quartz, lapis, emerald, moss After MPS: Pick Cobalt head, paper bind, ardite rod Lapis, electric(after wearing the durability fown) the rest redstone (possibly smelting again) Sword Many blade, paper binding, cactus rod lapis, electroc(again, wear the durability) quartz reasons: Fast as fuckity

Julian Zhou

Jul 29, 2019
So, I have decided to go with a standard Cobalt for all tools and Mananaha for all weapons. The former for speed and the latter for damage. I shall also be adding the standard moss to all my tools. I will be adding special modifiers to all my main tools and weapons. These include the Excavator, Hammer, Pickaxe and Rapier. I'm still deciding on which modifiers atm.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
So, I have decided to go with a standard Cobalt for all tools and Mananaha for all weapons. The former for speed and the latter for damage. I shall also be adding the standard moss to all my tools. I will be adding special modifiers to all my main tools and weapons. These include the Excavator, Hammer, Pickaxe and Rapier. I'm still deciding on which modifiers atm.

Just prepare to wait a long time in the sun (makes it repair faster) for your tools to recuperate. Some people have 2 identical repair picks to alternate to make the repair wait bearable. Cobalt's good but it's not a trivial repair cost if for some reason you are unwilling to wait for Repair 2.

As for modifiers put on your standard diamond, emerald, repair with fortune or silktouch (haveing 2 tools with both is preferable).
Your weapons however all you need is repair + your desired damage modifiers. Because unless you like to sit in a spawn trap all day clicking(you'd make a special sword for that anyway). Combat is usually not long enough to warrant the extra durability. Repair 2 should be enough to keep it's durability up, I mean if you stack it with enough Nether quarts you don't really lose much durability anyway. By the time you get to your next battle repair 2 will have got the sword back to full.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
Just prepare to wait a long time in the sun (makes it repair faster) for your tools to recuperate. Some people have 2 identical repair picks to alternate to make the repair wait bearable. Cobalt's good but it's not a trivial repair cost if for some reason you are unwilling to wait for Repair 2.

As for modifiers put on your standard diamond, emerald, repair with fortune or silktouch (haveing 2 tools with both is preferable).
Your weapons however all you need is repair + your desired damage modifiers. Because unless you like to sit in a spawn trap all day clicking(you'd make a special sword for that anyway). Combat is usually not long enough to warrant the extra durability. Repair 2 should be enough to keep it's durability up, I mean if you stack it with enough Nether quarts you don't really lose much durability anyway. By the time you get to your next battle repair 2 will have got the sword back to full.

manual mob grinder + TiC schythe. it has an AOE attack, and is thus the harvester of choice :cool:

Julian Zhou

Jul 29, 2019

Repair II = two moss?