Shoop Resonant Rise [Season 2] [Ended]

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, it was Lambert.
I always wanted to animate it and add inception music, but I can't really...do things like that. But afterwards, he put a picture up with some lady on a phone saying "This photo has been shooped!"

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
sorry not a big update but I did some mindless stuff.

Cleared out a 5x5 chunk area for the build

Stuff by Saice, on Flickr

Not shown is a 16x16 area in the middle dug all the way to bedrock.

Made the necronomicon

Butterfly

Went and hung out with Dave a bit and a shoop followed me home

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
I did some research--it's a little complicated, but basically, if you store up a fair amount of blood, you can turn reaped souls from mobs into spectral pet versions...not sure if specific mob types matter, or if it's just a generic "spectral soul pet". You'll need something called a "creepball" to tame, and blood to use with the Necronomicon (right-click and hold within 3 blocks of the souls, wait until casting completes, process costs 10 blood).

I'm still not 100% sure how it all works, but hey, at least it doesn't randomly summon Cthulu or something. :p

Reactions: Vauthil

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
So that hole I talked about.

Cactus Powa by Saice, on Flickr

This was not quarried just so you know.

So this is basically my plan. First I need a basic cactus farm.

I need a lot of cactus as this is going to be my power source for this build.

Something I've learnt with vechs, replace the coble with fence posts. If you don't do so, some cactus may be destroyed.

Reactions: ApSciLiara

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Something I've learnt with vechs, replace the coble with fence posts. If you don't do so, some cactus may be destroyed.

Cactus can always be destroyed because it can land on a cactus. Yes non full blocks do help a bit. Not really looking forward to replacing 245 blocks with fences because to do some at this point would mean taring the whole thing down. One of the reasons I did not use them in the first place is I have no flight so I have to jump form block to block while building this something that is much harder if you use fences instead.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Cactus can always be destroyed because it can land on a cactus. Yes non full blocks do help a bit. Not really looking forward to replacing 245 blocks with fences because to do some at this point would mean taring the whole thing down. One of the reasons I did not use them in the first place is I have no flight so I have to jump form block to block while building this something that is much harder if you use fences instead.

I read this post and wanted to shout "PARKOUR" but I restrained myself.
Because Saice's hovel of shame is better than mine, so I feel saddened because I worked quite hard on the gaudy force logs+cherry planks that mine are composed of.
Note to self: don't make any build you want to be taken semi-seriously out of pink and gold blocks.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Because Saice's hovel of shame is better than mine, so I feel saddened because I worked quite hard on the gaudy force logs+cherry planks that mine are composed of.
Note to self: don't make any build you want to be taken semi-seriously out of pink and gold blocks.

awww. In your defense the only reason my hovels look good is becuase I spent a day in creative once just building a bunch of them. Most are 10x10 or 12x12 and I sort of have a system I use that makes a decent looking building form the cheapest mats I can find

Reactions: jumpfight5

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019

I feel your pain. I first saw Saice's hovel after I had finished my 32x32 open-to-sky bee enclosure. I had used spruce planks and force planks (the latter of which are actually somewhat close to the planks used in beekeeper villager houses) to make a giant striped building to go with the bee theme. I was so proud of my building prowess...and then there was Saice. :p

EDIT: spelling.

Reactions: jumpfight5

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I feel your pain. I first saw Saice's hovel after I had finished my 32x32 open-to-sky bee enclosure. I had used spruce planks and force planks (the latter of which are actually somewhat close to the planks used in beekeeper villager houses) to make a giant striped building to go with the bee theme. I was so proud of my building prowess...and then there was Saice. :p

EDIT: spelling.

You know.... check out "This old 9x9" it goes over some really basics of design. Also the OP has a spoiler that goes into really
super basic color theory.[DOUBLEPOST=1375385971][/DOUBLEPOST]So I got the frist part of the cactus power system working.

The Vary Basics by Saice, on Flickr

The next part will be something that combines the cactus coke into normal coke and then feed that into engines of some sort.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Up to 6 Ovens. 4 for cactus to cactus charcoal and 2 for cactus charcoal to cactus coke. Looks like i'll have up step up the farm a little more to make this hit cap as 3 of the four run most of the time with the 4th come or going randomly.

doing stuff by Saice, on Flickr

Started on the outline. This will be the outer wall it will be 3 blocks thick once done.

Not sure I like the main building yet... I might do something diffrent like run stuff on the outer edges instead... don't know yet.

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
I'm intrigued! Very much keeping tabs on this build! If only I could come visit you and have a look around for myself :(

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
You know, you could have a fence 'grate' over the water that can be moved with a TiCo Drawbridge to permit entry by sea. This sails into the Koi Pond by the main building, and also feeds the moat which possesses bridges which are easily defensible.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
You know, you could have a fence 'grate' over the water that can be moved with a TiCo Drawbridge to permit entry by sea. This sails into the Koi Pond by the main building, and also feeds the moat which possesses bridges which are easily defensible.

I'm aiming towards an forbidden city feel which if you ever seen it the place is mostly paved over with stone tile and squared off. I'm placing the 6400ish slabs at the moment.