Nominations for Forum Moderators

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
I agree that Omicron and Saice would both be good candidates.

Sorry, I forgot one other member who I think would make for a good moderator. I would also suggest ICountFrom0.

EDIT: One more, Gattsuru. Very helpful posts but also polite and balanced.

Reactions: Symmetryc

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
Saice, KirinDave, and Omicron would be my first votes too. Omicron first though, just because I once set a challenge for myself to answer more questions than him in the "Simple question/Simple answer" thread, and went home with a portion of humble pie. That guy knows his stuff.

Saice and Dave are definitely knowledgeable, but KirinDave always seems to be busy with his modpack and LP.

Saice is just a nice guy.

Exedra, hmm. I don't know.

Anyway, those are my thoughts.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to thank everyone for the idea that I'd be a good mod for this forum. However, I'd like to de-nominate myself. I'm pretty busy with my own projects.

Besides, if I were a mod I'd have to turn off my ignore list and that'd depress me way too much. Still, just being nominated is plenty for me. :)

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Besides, if I were a mod I'd have to turn off my ignore list and that'd depress me way too much. Still, just being nominated is plenty for me. :)

Had to laugh at that. Thanks for making me smile :D

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
Look down the well-known member list, and examine them.
Some of them are very well mannered and would work as excellent moderators or higher. You might also want to skim the active member list.

My vote goes to Saice and Omicron. I have no idea what their opinions are of it, but they would work quite well as moderators.

If you find some people that are in between moderator status and well-known member status you should put them as trusted users temporarily. You can demote or promote them later. That rank has little to no purpose right now.

Reactions: Exedra

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
Look down the well-known member list, and examine them.
Some of them are very well mannered and would work as excellent moderators or higher. You might also want to skim the active member list.

My vote goes to Saice and Omicron. I have no idea what their opinions are of it, but they would work quite well as moderators.

If you find some people that are in between moderator status and well-known member status you should put them as trusted users temporarily. You can demote or promote them later.

I believe your "rank" doesn't matter when search for a moderator since I only had about 40 posts when I became one.
Also I believe that the trusted rank got removed :p

Anyway good picked after all ;)

Reactions: PeggleFrank

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
I believe your "rank" doesn't matter when search for a moderator since I only had about 40 posts when I became one.

I never even knew there was a trusted rank. That would definitely be something nice to give out to people who aren't douchenuggets.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
First pick would have been Dave but he opted out, so in no order of merit.
Saice
ShneekeyTheLost
PoisonWolf
ICountFrom0
Vermillion
casilleroatr
Enigmius1
Daemonblue

Do I get a prize if I picked a winner o_O[DOUBLEPOST=1374624611][/DOUBLEPOST]
I never even knew there was a trusted rank. That would definitely be something nice to give out to people who aren't douchenuggets.
or to ppl that never use the word "douchenuggets"..

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
Saice
ShneekeyTheLost
PoisonWolf
ICountFrom0
Vermillion
casilleroatr
Enigmius1
Daemonblue

It's a very good word. Don't act like it's not the first word you scream out when you wake up :p . It's kind of sad, but I don't know half the people on that list.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Saice
ShneekeyTheLost
PoisonWolf
ICountFrom0
Vermillion
casilleroatr
Enigmius1
Daemonblue

As honored as I am by the nomination, I don't think I'd make a good Moderator. I'm just a touch too opinionated on certain topics to have the dispassion necessary to be a moderator. Besides, every time a moderator speaks up, people are worried that their opinions will carry weight, even if they aren't speaking with a moderator's voice. How would I ever be able to build my walls of text under that kind of pressure?

If anything, I think my talents would be much better leveraged by the Wiki team doing things like feature documentation, guide writing, and cleaning up articles. Sort of a documentation doctor. A docs doc?

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
As honored as I am by the nomination, I don't think I'd make a good Moderator. I'm just a touch too opinionated on certain topics to have the dispassion necessary to be a moderator. Besides, every time a moderator speaks up, people are worried that their opinions will carry weight, even if they aren't speaking with a moderator's voice. How would I ever be able to build my walls of text under that kind of pressure?

If anything, I think my talents would be much better leveraged by the Wiki team doing things like feature documentation, guide writing, and cleaning up articles. Sort of a documentation doctor. A docs doc?

Want to join the wiki?[DOUBLEPOST=1374636392][/DOUBLEPOST]

Correct. Its not about quantity of posts, its not about how well they know FTB mods. Frankly the current staff can teach anyone all about mods ;p . Trusted rank is still there, just nobody has it right now.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Is it possible to self-nominate? Now before you call me a narcissist or egomaniac, just hear me out. I am very active within the maps section. I check in on it every five minutes, but the issue is there is not much activity actually going on within the maps section, so I never really get noticed at all. But when I do post, I always try to be respectful, giving my thoughts on the map in a positive manner when I can. I do point out faults within the maps, yes, but I am never a jerk about it. Another reason I would like to be a map sectional moderator is there is not much moderation happening in the maps section. There are threads that belong elsewhere and people just being regular jerkballs, and nobody has noticed anything. The section really just needs one dedicated moderator at the moment. I don't care who does it, but someone needs to be employed there, and I am very much so willing to do it. If you think that this post shouldn't be here, then go ahead and delete it. No hard feelings.

TL;DR: The maps section needs a dedicated moderator. I don't care who, but I would love to do it.

Reactions: PeggleFrank

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to self-nominate? Now before you call me a narcissist or egomaniac, just hear me out. I am very active within the maps section. I check in on it every five minutes, but the issue is there is not much activity actually going on within the maps section, so I never really get noticed at all. But when I do post, I always try to be respectful, giving my thoughts on the map in a positive manner when I can. I do point out faults within the maps, yes, but I am never a jerk about it. Another reason I would like to be a map sectional moderator is there is not much moderation happening in the maps section. There are threads that belong elsewhere and people just being regular jerkballs, and nobody has noticed anything. The section really just needs one dedicated moderator at the moment. I don't care who does it, but someone needs to be employed there, and I am very much so willing to do it. If you think that this post shouldn't be here, then go ahead and delete it. No hard feelings.

TL;DR: The maps section needs a dedicated moderator. I don't care who, but I would love to do it.

While this is true, if you really deserve to be a moderator, someone else will moderate you. If the people won't vote for you, why would the moderators?

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
well, my first vote already said no (kirindave,) so my definite second is Saice on this one. Both are extremely active and have always tried to diffuse a situation rather than contribute to it in any of the threads i see them in.

Status
Not open for further replies.