AE crafting help

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Feodin

Jul 29, 2019
I'm assuming you've got the cyclic assemblers input and outputs configured correctly right? the orange face on the side of your ME Input, and the Blue set to both the face that water comes in on as well as the side your ME Interface is on. Also assuming you've got a pattern set to "4 Tin = 1 10k Cell" in the Interface and not your MAC.

Next step make sure you've got a Schematic inside the Cyclic Assembler. A schematic is made with 3 paper and either blue dye or a piece of lapis. Take your blank Schematic and go to your Cyclic Assembler, along with the 4 tin and a filled water bucket. Inside the Cyclic Assembler place your blank Schematic in the empty spot in the middle, then click on the bottom tab on the right hand side. should reveal a 3x3 crafting grid, a blank box and a check mark. Place your 4 tin and water bucket in the correct pattern and the blank spot should show a 10k cell as output. click the check mark and that will save the pattern to the schematic. Now to test you can drop 4 tin and the assembler should do the rest. This is exactly how I have it set up in my base using MC version 1.5.2. I tested it a few times to make sure and I use it to make Overclockers just like you're planning.

Also, Adonis, I believe the way TE machines and AE work together was changed in 1.5.2. If you leave the output face blank as was the way in 1.4.7, AE input's don't seem to withdraw the items. You have to set the output face the same as if you were using Pipes or chests to catch the output. Just tested it to make sure, and with a blank face the completed item just sits there clogging up the machine.

Feodin

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, made some screenshots to help explain it a bit better.

http://i.imgur.com/iKMU4zQ

That's my 10k Cell assembler on right hand side with an interface on top, an ME input on the right hand side and there's a water pipe coming into it from below that you can't see.

http://imgur.com/WqdSFiP

Ok, this is inside the Assembler. Note the Schematic in the middle, and the crafting square on the right where it was created. Just put 4 tin with a water bucket in the middle, the small square next to it will have a 10k cell appear in it, and then click the check. Also note that both the Water tank and the inventory are set to Blue which correspond to the Top and Bottom in the Assembler's configuration. You can't see the output square in that picture but it's set to orange on the side the ME Input is on.

http://imgur.com/xkGQYNo

Finally a look inside the ME interface. I have the pattern highlighted so you can see it's 1 10k Cell made with 4 tin. That's the only thing inside the interface.

mushroom taco

Jul 29, 2019
[Pattern: 4 tin = cell] + [Interface: cell = water cell] + [Pattern: water cell + 4 tin = coolant cell] = coolant cell

Pattern = in MAC
Interface = in Interface connected to appropriate machine
I've told you once and i'll tell you again: i want to use this because it's convinient.
And i don't want to waste my tin.
Basic question about the not crafting bit, Is the interface on an input side?
that's about the only reason why I could see it not putting tin into the cyclic assembler, but as you've got it set up, once in the cyclic assembler, the coolant cell will jam.

When working with AE, thermal expansion (looks like a thermal expansion machine) needs to have the side with a import bus on it colourless (not blank, the grey square). The orange output is for it to automatically eject into an adjacent inventory or pipe, as this import bus is neither it won't output. While on colourless, it's saying to the import bus, go crazy have access to my inventory and do whatever you want.
I'll try that, thanks. Never would've thought that's how it worked...

mushroom taco

Jul 29, 2019
If tin is really that valuable to you, knock yourself out.
Again, you haven't helped this thread at all.

Updates s'more
Alright, i got everything working properly... except getting items to come into the cyclic assembler. (confirmed as i put 4 tin in the CA manually and it crafted/exported fine)
I just CAN'T get the items to go into it no matter what i try... i confirmed the interface is facing the right way:
A4uQGLE.png
This is the current configuration for the cyclic assembler, i've tried the right side on both blue and colorless, neither worked. The top, however, sent the cells back into the network perfectly:
mSaAvch.png
sigh... I have a feeling i'm making a completely stupid mistake but I'm not pointing out the right things to indentify it...

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
As of the screen shot you have there... you have the right side blank, which is where the interface is as I can see...
You need to have it as an blue for input. When the side is blank, they tell anything on that side that they're not an inventory.

If it's not that, I'm as stumped as you are.

Just looked it up on the wiki and I can't see any information saying that there has to be special handling of it in any way.. ><

Side note: This is actually buildcraft.. hm how bout that, but it's nice to see the configuration that KingLemming made getting out there, because it's great.

mushroom taco

Jul 29, 2019
As of the screen shot you have there... you have the right side blank, which is where the interface is as I can see...
You need to have it as an blue for input. When the side is blank, they tell anything on that side that they're not an inventory.

If it's not that, I'm as stumped as you are.

Just looked it up on the wiki and I can't see any information saying that there has to be special handling of it in any way.. ><

Side note: This is actually buildcraft.. hm how bout that, but it's nice to see the configuration that KingLemming made getting out there, because it's great.
I had it blue when I started with the cyclic assembler but changed it to colorless from your advice.

Well, I might have to waste tin then... Sigh, I was really hoping I could get it to work.
Unless... Well, I could try pipes and see how that goes...

Mikey_R

Jul 29, 2019
They said make the side with the import bus set to the grey square (IE no colours and they even said not the blank side).

For all TE machines, all sides that are accepting an input should always be blue, no matter what. For the output, you want it to be either coloured or grey square. If it's coloured it will auto eject into an inventory that doesn't automatically pull items out, so a pipe or chest. You use the grey square if the output has something trying to pull the item out, for example, an AE Import Bus, a wooden pipe with an engine/autartic (or however you spell it) gate, etc.

For your setup you want the top to be the grey square, the left and right sides to be blue, then the bottom and back can be blank, set it up like that and it should work.

mushroom taco

Jul 29, 2019
They said make the side with the import bus set to the grey square (IE no colours and they even said not the blank side).

For all TE machines, all sides that are accepting an input should always be blue, no matter what. For the output, you want it to be either coloured or grey square. If it's coloured it will auto eject into an inventory that doesn't automatically pull items out, so a pipe or chest. You use the grey square if the output has something trying to pull the item out, for example, an AE Import Bus, a wooden pipe with an engine/autartic (or however you spell it) gate, etc.

For your setup you want the top to be the grey square, the left and right sides to be blue, then the bottom and back can be blank, set it up like that and it should work.
The top is not the problem. Orange works perfectly fine for this situation.