Can't breed Resolute bees

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Xeynobrand

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

I've been trying to breed all the metallic bees but I've become stuck on resolute. I've bred bees before on previous servers so I know how it works. Basically I've bred up to tarnished and corroded but when I try to combine the two I never get anything but tarnished and corroded. I've even tried to force a mutation by using nether stars, in an alveary 3 times. Has the recipe changed or could there be something wrong server side?

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
I've never played with bees, but I'm thinking of building automated breeding blocks.

i.e. The input would be the princesses/drones of the bees I'd like to breed. As the system gains more of each type, the system will expand itself automatically by utilizing the extra bees produced. This would make breeding happen at a higher rate, by virtue of the amount of time it is allowed to run.

If you have a 1/20 chance for the first set, but you can double the amount of bees from the first cycle, then the second time you have 1/10 chance. Including the probability from the first cycle and the second cycle... You see where I'm going.

What I'm getting at is that you can make breeding less painful and utilize the probability system to your advantage. Automation would make this painless and increase your breeding odds, as you can maintain that breed block to breed more of the bee you want, then add on subsequent breeding blocks to start the next mutation you are aiming for. Adding in the bees that result from the previous mutation as well, you can see where I am going once again.

BlackFire

Jul 29, 2019
It's a good concept but the problem is is it logical?

Lets say you have a huge alviery setup breeding 20 forest drones and 20 meadows princesses. Now, if you run one cycle of breeding you will get some mutated and some not. If you continue to run this, the mutations and all other traits will eventually drown out just out of luck and time. You need I seperate the mutations from the parent generations. In doing this you case a manual process where you either have to reset the system with new bees.

Okay, now how are you going to identify the META data? There are only 2 ways I can think of and that's AE which will be too specific and not fuzzy enouph, or Misc. Peripheals which will cause you to do a huge amount of programming to get it to work to suit your needs.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Ohhh. I haven't even thought about DNA and stuff. I was just going to breed to radioactive and finish the nuclear part of my base.

It's a means to an end, not really interested in getting all types of bees to produce materials for me. More interested in playing around with energy and stuff.

BlackFire

Jul 29, 2019
Ohhh. I haven't even thought about DNA and stuff. I was just going to breed to radioactive and finish the nuclear part of my base.

It's a means to an end, not really interested in getting all types of bees to produce materials for me. More interested in playing around with energy and stuff.
If you do have a specific path it does make it a bit easier. but you might as well do it manually since you don't have far to travel down the genetics line.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Well I will need it to sustain and increase its yield over time.

The point is that you can create these modules to "breed" your bees. Go do something else, come back and pretty much guarantee yourself that you will have the bee breed. The guarantee is based on time and how many bees you have breeding per cycle, but you get the point.

It just means that you can walk away and do something else, come back and maybe have multiple bees breed. It'll make the next step in your breeding process, whatever that might be, faster. It also means you can do something else and forget about manually doing all this crap. Though my focus is mainly on automation and not spending time doing manual tasks, if possible.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

I've been trying to breed all the metallic bees but I've become stuck on resolute. I've bred bees before on previous servers so I know how it works. Basically I've bred up to tarnished and corroded but when I try to combine the two I never get anything but tarnished and corroded. I've even tried to force a mutation by using nether stars, in an alveary 3 times. Has the recipe changed or could there be something wrong server side?
For questions like this please always state, which versions of the appropiate mods are used. You can also check the recipes by yourself, if you install NEI Addons. This addon just cannot check, if some special conditions are needed (like the presence of certain Thaumcraft nodes for some of the magical bees).

Grunguk

Jul 29, 2019
As it happens, I bred Resolute yesterday from tarnished/corroded so can 100% confirm that the mutation is still active; at least in the Ultimate pack.

Xeynobrand

Jul 29, 2019
My apologies. It's the latest yogcraft pack. I tried again a 6 more times with a nether star then without it. No luck. Oh well. Guess ill have to abandon my bee room.