Motivation After Losing Everything?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
Another tip (captain obvious mode): Use AE and teach it recipes for all major things that are tedious to craft. That way it's just a click or two to get a full new quantum suit, vajra or gravichest. Then run a couple of quarries and you're basically set regardless if you die.

Didn't know your food bar decreased while standing still either.

rymmie1981

Jul 29, 2019
Another tip (captain obvious mode): Use AE and teach it recipes for all major things that are tedious to craft. That way it's just a click or two to get a full new quantum suit, vajra or gravichest. Then run a couple of quarries and you're basically set regardless if you die.

Didn't know your food bar decreased while standing still either.

Decreasing food while standing still is a GT thing. I think it can be turned off in the config, though.

plzwork12

Jul 29, 2019
Decreasing food while standing still is a GT thing. I think it can be turned off in the config, though.
I don't understand why Greg feels the need to add something like this. Has nothing to do with his mod at all and only serves to annoy the player.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

rymmie1981

Jul 29, 2019
I don't understand why Greg feels the need to add something like this. Has nothing to do with his mod at all and only serves to annoy the player.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Please don't start a GT flame war. I purposely kept my post neutral and factual.

Reactions: PeggleFrank

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
There's been a lot of posts saying how to avoid losing your stuff. But, you've already lost it and your problem is motivation. Well, that's a tough one as we don't know what motivates you in the first place. That said, try taking a short break, and when you do come back, think about what you really need to replace and what you can live without. You've clearly reached an imbalance between the chance of dying and the cost of dying - reduced the chance, increased the cost, and then lost it all on a bad roll on the dice.

Don't start to rely on something until you can make a spare. Were you in full quantum with a Vajra? Maybe go with something lower tech. I wear Thaumium armour and an Advanced Jetpack, and it's quite good enough for me. I keep a spare normal jetpack in an Enderpouch so I can get myself out of a hole if I fall in it. Also as I said I have a Charm of Keeping.

Basically, work on a set up that enables you to survive dying in lava. You may be more likely to die - and that brings a little extra thrill of danger - but the consequences of doing so will be tolerable.

PoisonWolf

Jul 29, 2019
If you dont have any of the eq listed here OP, get autohotkey to right click your stack of bread every 10 minutes or so?
This requires that you are not using your computer, however.

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
Why are people complaining that standing still shouldn't make you hungry.

If you go stand still for a while in real life, you shouldn't get hungry, according to your logic.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
I wasn't expecting to die, I didn't think you lost hunger standing still
Hm. Man, this'll be a flamewar again but... you do lose food now, when standing still, it's a gregtech change.

Code:
B:unsuspiciousHungerConfig=true
Get the server owner to set it to false.

OR, build an afk room for yourself, something nice and safe and padded and warded with constant regeneration or restoration or at least item collection. Actually, build it with item collection anyway.

As far as motivation goes. You wanna show that .... greg, who's the boss, right?

Reactions: rymmie1981

Onikrex

Jul 29, 2019
I've never really had an issue with motivation. How early in the game were you and what did you lose? Its very hard to imagine being in a place where you lose that much. If you're early in the game you only lose what you can replace in an hour. If you're late in the game, you've got enough materials to form what you had and then some, and if you're somewhere in between, I'm not too sure what was of such importance that you lost. You're on a server, so chances are you didn't stumble across a portal gun while explroing, so the only thing to lose is maybe some ore and a set of armor, which really isn't that big of a deal, it really just takes a small amount of time to get back.

And in all honesty, if you need motivation from other people after losing something, unless your inventory was full of GTmachines and iridium, there really isn't much to say. The great thing about Minecraft is how everything is limitless. I lost my gravi and advanced nano armor along with 2 stacks of iridium. I was pissed, but I understood that I could get it all back easily. Well. except the iridium, that took some work.

Reactions: Ixeling

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
I lost a bunch of my MPS stuff to lava cuz I got shot with an arrow ... had plenty of time to get out of the lava too but lag spike nailed me good. (didn't have flight on it yet so kinda meh).

But after the initial shock of it, I decided next I'd try dartcraft's leather armor getup and put some RE-batteries on it. Heck, that's working great for me. If I punch stuff with my bare hands it's like using the proper tool. Sweet. Also can fly, run REAL fast, jump REAL high ... I feel like how the hulk must feel.

Was cheap too...but the Achilles heel is low defense, a zombie with a sword can wipe the floor with me sometimes. :( And creepers hurt big time ... MPS was like being in my own personal tank.

I just think if ya die and lose it all, instead of replacing stuff 1::1, try a different mods stuff to switch it up a bit.

Conguy97

Jul 29, 2019
I lost a bunch of my MPS stuff to lava cuz I got shot with an arrow ... had plenty of time to get out of the lava too but lag spike nailed me good. (didn't have flight on it yet so kinda meh).

But after the initial shock of it, I decided next I'd try dartcraft's leather armor getup and put some RE-batteries on it. Heck, that's working great for me. If I punch stuff with my bare hands it's like using the proper tool. Sweet. Also can fly, run REAL fast, jump REAL high ... I feel like how the hulk must feel.

Was cheap too...but the Achilles heel is low defense, a zombie with a sword can wipe the floor with me sometimes. :( And creepers hurt big time ... MPS was like being in my own personal tank.

I just think if ya die and lose it all, instead of replacing stuff 1::1, try a different mods stuff to switch it up a bit.
Good idea[DOUBLEPOST=1373038971][/DOUBLEPOST]Thanks for all the support guys, I think I will just swap modpacks for a while and give me a chance to see what I am Losing by not using 1.5.2. Now trying to decide between mindcrack and ultimate.

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019

Currently I've got one piece of obsidian, one feather, one thaumcraft elemental shard, one piece of sugar, and 3 arrows on all pieces of my force armor.

I take almost no damage, and my armor is repaired automatically. Also, flight, and grounding abilities on players, due to Minecraft physics. (Taking damage pulls you to the ground)

Conguy97

Jul 29, 2019
Currently I've got one piece of obsidian, one feather, one thaumcraft elemental shard, one piece of sugar, and 3 arrows on all pieces of my force armor.

I take almost no damage, and my armor is repaired automatically. Also, flight, and grounding abilities on players, due to Minecraft physics. (Taking damage pulls you to the ground)
Dart craft isn't in gregtech pack because dart craft = OP

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, now to find one. *sigh

Spring water can be found in many different biomes as well as sometimes underground, much like poison water. I know Hot Springs, Oasis, Sacred Springs, and Promised Land can have the spring water above ground. If you're using a mini-map look for any light-blue water since that will generally be it.

Conguy97

Jul 29, 2019
Spring water can be found in many different biomes as well as sometimes underground, much like poison water. I know Hot Springs, Oasis, Sacred Springs, and Promised Land can have the spring water above ground. If you're using a mini-map look for any light-blue water since that will generally be it.
Ok

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sure when I get the server going in less than a week hopefully, then with some nice people around to work together as a whole will get you back on track. (have 2 other that should be joining as well as me and you)