When is soul forge gonna get fixed?

Airbornehurdle

Jul 29, 2019
Trying to make myself a Soul Shard to make my Cow Farm then when my diamond is forged, my soul shard is gone. When is this gonna be fix!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?

tindin

Jul 29, 2019
go find the main forum and read read the changes to it.....it is no longer crafted

Malexion

Jul 29, 2019
Considering they are gone in 1.5.2 and you get soul shards in a different way. Probably never.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Put a block of Glowstone down
Put a block of Netherrack at each side
Put a block of End stone around the netherrack

so what you have is

Code:
    E
   ENE
  ENGNE
   ENE
    E

Hit the middle glowstone block with a diamond in your hand to get your soul shard.

Reactions: ICountFrom0

Airbornehurdle

Jul 29, 2019
Put a block of Glowstone down
Put a block of Netherrack at each side
Put a block of End stone around the netherrack

so what you have is

Code:
    E
  ENE
  ENGNE
  ENE
    E

Hit the middle glowstone block with a diamond in your hand to get your soul shard.
Wait, is this kinda like a glitch?

Malexion

Jul 29, 2019
No, after the 1.5.2 update of soul shards that's literally how you make them.

Its kinda like summoning a whither.

iconmaster

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, it's true. I still wonder exactly why ShdwDrgn did that.. I mean, he had a working system for crafting vile ingots and soul shards and all that alike, and he replaced it... With a step backwards? Not only that, but now making souls shards requires going to the End.

Grunguk

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, it's true. I still wonder exactly why ShdwDrgn did that.. I mean, he had a working system for crafting vile ingots and soul shards and all that alike, and he replaced it... With a step backwards? Not only that, but now making souls shards requires going to the End.

Not entirely true with thaumic bees changing to magic bees.

Magic bees has Oblivion Hives; they spawn at diamond level in the overworld surrounded by End stone.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019

because Soul Shards as it's now is just a tiny fragment of what Shadwdrgn wants it to be. he wants to add all kinds of mob equipments, like the creeper pickaxe, he wants to have a fuel system similar to minefactory reloaded's spawner, and much more.
but sadly Shadwdrgn has the habit of disappearing for weeks without saying really anything from time to time, thus his modding also takes a break during that time.

what I heard most recently Shadowdrgn is planning on changing soul shards so the shards won't spawn in mobs anymore, but will produce the items the mobs would otherwise drop, to compensate the lagg problem most servers have with alot of people using soul shards

iconmaster

Jul 29, 2019
what I heard most recently Shadowdrgn is planning on changing soul shards so the shards won't spawn in mobs anymore, but will produce the items the mobs would otherwise drop, to compensate the lagg problem most servers have with alot of people using soul shards

So like an Extra Utilities Peaceful Table, but sans peaceful? Okay...

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
However, one thing I used then for in 1.4.7 was for "Feeding" an MFR spawner - Soul Shards spawning either skeletons or something - Pigmen it might have been, then fed into an MFR killing thing, which pumped mob Essense into an auto-spawner, spawning Quest Rams or something, which then passed via a conveyor setup to pass by turtles with the 16 different wools, and then it gave me a diamond block, an emerald block, an iron block, a gold block and a lapis block. The QR was then killed.

A rather profitable system!

But making then drop the drops will definately change how they are used - they won't be usable for LXP, for example, however currently they cannot be killed by MFR anyways.
But overall, the creeper pick axe was showcased as WIP several months ago on his YouTube channel, and nothing has been heard of it since (I don't use twitter, so don't quote/chastise me)

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Soul shards still rocks in tandem with MFR, but now you can't just exploit the soul shards you have to earn them, still doable, not OMFG not doing that hard, put the work in the rewards are excellent just as it should be.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
Dartcraft makes amazing soul stealing tools, btw, and always works.
5 soul wafers and 2 claws (tomb level 6 out of 7) gets you stealer 5 and sharpness 4.
A max tomb with 5 wafers could also have 3 claws, bringing it up to sharpness 5/6.
Sharpness as opposed to smite (light - glowstone) due to sharpness exceeding greatly the amount applied, and smite not obeying this as much - for Pigmen this + power armour with full advanced plating (20 diamonds, so cheaper than diamond armour, stronger and unbreakable) means that all you need to worry about as you get you 1024 souls is ghasts, lava and thing netherack bridges. *shivers* I was on 975 kills... And then I had to replace my tools, my suit, and am currently trying to replace my kills...
Tip, flight IS worth it, even at low levels, even if just to get out of lava...
And hopeful TiC will add some sort of soul stealer...