"The air around you suddenly becomes suffused with strange energies."

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

superaman

Jul 29, 2019
ya im more orried about flux so i might try to get rid of that node for now, but maybe expirement with it in the future once i get more into thaumcraft.

superaman

Jul 29, 2019
Well said and thanks for the knowledge. I thought it was all about size, but what you're saying reminds me of one of Direwolfs gabillion Thaumcraft videos.[DOUBLEPOST=1371610626][/DOUBLEPOST]Not so much a crap ton, but a concentrated crap ton to get a big enough pure node to absorb your dark node. You're going to need goggles if you don't have them already.

The glasses help a lot. Thank you for the advice.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
Dark Nodes are actually pretty awesome for some things. Some things being Thaumic Bees and Tesla-Coil or Dart Combat Golem based Wisp killing. You collect aspects so fast you don't even NEED to burn items for research, because you've got so many wisp essences. Potion effects are really rare and don't really seem to happen when indoors, for some reason. Angry Zombies you can just let the Sun take care of it, and the Lightning... Well, glass roof over your crops and farm animals. The wisps are already taken care of, and the rain can be turned off with Forestry.

Really, i've had a pretty old world near a barrow, and i even enlarged the node because i didn't think it was big enough. There is something LIBERATING about not caring about flux.
This is pretty much what I'm doing right now on the server I just started. Just dumping flux into the dark node not caring much because it is already making flux by itself so my contribution to that hardly matters. Have to get the combined spawners and node spawning the wisps on automatic farm state at some point.

If you want pure nodes you can just find them and move there. Every natural silverwood tree has one. We have 3 at spawn right next to each other all natural. That's extremely nice to make sure spawn doesn't get fluxed to hell *cough* Docm77 *cough*.

superaman

Jul 29, 2019
ya I think I found the dark node

Attachments

• 2013-06-18_23.26.28.png
    2013-06-18_23.26.28.png
    630.9 KB · Views: 87

Silent_007

Jul 29, 2019
ya I think I found the dark node

That's definitely not a dark node, though it could be an unstable node - I can't tell at that scale.
However, its size makes me suspect that it is a pure node generated by growing a silverwood. Did you grow a silverwood there previously?

superaman

Jul 29, 2019
yes i did. It doesn't seem to be helping though. I now have a dangerous amount of flux in that area, my house. Is there a way I can make the flux go down? Or is there nothing to worry about?

Silent_007

Jul 29, 2019
yes i did. It doesn't seem to be helping though. I now have a dangerous amount of flux in that area, my house. Is there a way I can make the flux go down? Or is there nothing to worry about?

The growing of silverwood trees generates flux, so yeah that makes sense. However, every silverwood tree creates a very small pure node. Or, if there's another node very very nearby, the tree's node will merge with that node. In the long run, pure nodes gradually remove flux from the environment. But it's a very slow process. Growing a pure node large enough to engulf another node successfully can take quite a while, depending on the size of the other node.

As for the 'dangerous' flux level - it's far from ideal, but not that bad in most cases. And brujon had some good suggestions on the last page. And since you probably don't have dart golems, encasing the dark node (once you've found it) inside glass with some sort of auto-kill mechanism can be useful.

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
Transmuting insane amounts of iron into gold might do the trick. When you start quarrying, you always get more iron than you can use anyway.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
Well there's the iron transmutation if you only have metallum in it will make iron 1:1. Might be easier to do fast.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
Sure, why not. You're not dumping any extraneous aspects that way. But if it's a dark node it generates flux by itself anyway.

You could also just craft a bunch of stuff in arcane worktable. But it is the wand that drains the vis, not the crafting. So when your wand isn't recharging anymore you know the node is drained.

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
A thought: Vanilla cobble gen + Charging Wand of Excavation? Arcane Bore or Arcane Levitators?

Arcane Levitators are a good one because you can AFK while the vis is being drained. They constantly use up Vis as long as they're working, so, pop one down, get up on it, and wait until there's no more vis in the aura.

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
Hm... Can vis capacitors be used to make a silverwood tree grow? I never tested that to see if it was possible, oddly enough. If it is, then slow draining then popping up capacitor + hoe the silverwood seems like it might be a better approach, since if you drain the whole vis network you have a smaller chance the dark node pops back up before the pure node has a chance to overwhelm it.

And all this talk just feels so much like that age old videogame story where you have to weaken the villain before striking him with a holy weapon...

Reactions: Deathzore

garrett0426

Jul 29, 2019
I Need HELP! I'm playing skyblock ftb for the DW20 pack. I haven't messed with thaumcraft at all. once it said "The air around you suddenly becomes suffused with strange energies." I got hunger for 10 seconds. so... i went to this page and read it. it didn't really help me so i went back into the game and continued playing normally. about half an hour later it said it again! but this time it gave me nasua however you spell it.Then about 30 seconds later it did it AGAIN but with poison that time! I had just about had it so i cheated in some goggles of revealing to make sure the node that you spawned with was pure (because on the forums for the map it said so.) and in fact it was! so i didn't know what to do so i posted this post...
THANKS A LOT IF YOU REPLY THIS :D
-Garrett0426

Deathzore

Jul 29, 2019
Dark Nodes are actually pretty awesome for some things. Some things being Thaumic Bees and Tesla-Coil or Dart Combat Golem based Wisp killing. You collect aspects so fast you don't even NEED to burn items for research, because you've got so many wisp essences. Potion effects are really rare and don't really seem to happen when indoors, for some reason. Angry Zombies you can just let the Sun take care of it, and the Lightning... Well, glass roof over your crops and farm animals. The wisps are already taken care of, and the rain can be turned off with Forestry.

Really, i've had a pretty old world near a barrow, and i even enlarged the node because i didn't think it was big enough. There is something LIBERATING about not caring about flux.

I've got a screenshot of my rendition of brujon's wisp golem dungeon idea, also i managed to get one of the giant angry zombie before it died.

Attachments

• 2013-07-23_02.09.02.png
    2013-07-23_02.09.02.png
    825.1 KB · Views: 75
  • 2013-07-23_02.08.23.png
    2013-07-23_02.08.23.png
    365.5 KB · Views: 55

Deathzore

Jul 29, 2019
Nice! How is aspect collection going if i may ask? :D

Aspect collection has increased substantially once i started collecting the wisps in the burrow and dumping flux into the environment, got almost half a stack of each already.