"The air around you suddenly becomes suffused with strange energies."

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Haha, valid point...
I suppose you could add my first time stepping through a nether portal to that list...
It was scary when I heard that new sound Endermen made in some new update. Then I realized they're still just as buggy and I had a silver-on-a-stick athane that took care of them...oops.

NTaylor

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately a lot of the flux and aura effects are still undocumented. Mostly what I hear of are wisp spawning, spontaneously growing grass and flowers from high plant flux, inducing rain from water flux, lightning strikes, a variety of potion type effects (not always bad), and there's been one or two cases of people claiming giant angry zombies spawned.

Have had a couple of the giant zombies myself luckily they were when I was pretty well equiped with Gravi suite so no real threat from them was pretty funny though when one spawned just before day so set on fire with a giant fire when the sun came up. As for how tall they are it was a little bit taller than a RP2 wind turbine.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
When I saw my first giant zombie, I thought it was a random angry zombie, so I attacked it a few times...I realized it wasn't killing, and my sword was enchanted. I looked up and saw it tripled in height, so I ran inside a 2 high doorway, and it began to shrink to attack me. But if you hit it, it'll grow some more, so it couldn't get to me because I hit him too quickly.

roaringtiger1717

Jul 29, 2019
Help is there a dark node near by or is it because of my lily pads of fertility i am on peaceful and i'm really scared help? EDIT: No flux nearby help really getting scared D:

Mjw

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe it was bugged when it happened to me but i dropped to 30fps (from ~80) so i looked outside and the sky was filled with wisps (literally 100s) and like 10 giant zombies. So i put my mffs force field on and dropped a couple of nukes and most of them died

Silent_007

Jul 29, 2019
Help is there a dark node near by or is it because of my lily pads of fertility i am on peaceful and i'm really scared help? EDIT: No flux nearby help really getting scared D:

There's no way we can tell you whether there's a dark node nearby without being able to explore you world. I assume that you're wearing goggles of revealing?
Also the lilypad shouldn't have anything to do with it, as that's from Xeno's Reliquary I believe.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
There is a 1 in 75 chance for a special node to appear.
Also, that message can appear for absolutely no reason.
Ignore it.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die

Apparently this is true for both threads and old gods.

Reactions: PeggleFrank

Silent_007

Jul 29, 2019
The way I see it, he was smart enough to search for an existing thread on his question rather than starting a new one.
Granted, his question wasn't accompanied by enough information for us to really help him out, but I figured I would at least honor the attempt...

Reactions: PeggleFrank

superaman

Jul 29, 2019
HAd this happen twice in 5 minutes and i dont remember making a ton of flux. If there is a bad node, how do I get rid of it? ( it only gave me slowness but it has been raining kinda alot)[DOUBLEPOST=1371606014][/DOUBLEPOST]it is on peaceful though

JezuitX

Jul 29, 2019
The secret is to create a pure node that's larger and then merge the two. The low tech way of doing it involves growing the magic blue trees a chunk away from the dark node. Keep planting the tree, let it grow, chop it down, and then plant another. Keep on doing this until your pure node has more points than the dark node. Then the low tech way to move the pure node is to plant another magic tree a few blocks away. The new trees node will pull the other node closer to it. It'll slowly move the node closer to the chaos node until they merge. There is a device in Thaumcraft that moves nodes, but I seem to recall it being rather expensive to make.

Reactions: superaman

Silent_007

Jul 29, 2019
The secret is to create a pure node that's larger and then merge the two. The low tech way of doing it involves growing the magic blue trees a chunk away from the dark node. Keep planting the tree, let it grow, chop it down, and then plant another. Keep on doing this until your pure node has more points than the dark node. Then the low tech way to move the pure node is to plant another magic tree a few blocks away. The new trees node will pull the other node closer to it. It'll slowly move the node closer to the chaos node until they merge. There is a device in Thaumcraft that moves nodes, but I seem to recall it being rather expensive to make.

The device is a crystal core. And yes, it's quite expensive, but also much more effective than the silverwood "bread crumb trail" approach.
Also, note that when the two nodes merge it's the nodes' CURRENT vis level that determines which one is dominant. If your pure node has a MAX size that is larger than the dark node, but is partially drained so that the dark node has a larger CURRENT level, the result of the merger will also be a dark node. And that's no fun... (or more fun, depending how you look at it. ;) )

JezuitX

Jul 29, 2019
Well said and thanks for the knowledge. I thought it was all about size, but what you're saying reminds me of one of Direwolfs gabillion Thaumcraft videos.[DOUBLEPOST=1371610626][/DOUBLEPOST]Not so much a crap ton, but a concentrated crap ton to get a big enough pure node to absorb your dark node. You're going to need goggles if you don't have them already.

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
Dark Nodes are actually pretty awesome for some things. Some things being Thaumic Bees and Tesla-Coil or Dart Combat Golem based Wisp killing. You collect aspects so fast you don't even NEED to burn items for research, because you've got so many wisp essences. Potion effects are really rare and don't really seem to happen when indoors, for some reason. Angry Zombies you can just let the Sun take care of it, and the Lightning... Well, glass roof over your crops and farm animals. The wisps are already taken care of, and the rain can be turned off with Forestry.

Really, i've had a pretty old world near a barrow, and i even enlarged the node because i didn't think it was big enough. There is something LIBERATING about not caring about flux.