Advanced diamond drill: fortune III or silk touch?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

What enchant gets the most out of mining?

• Total voters

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Make both :) Figure out which ores you can get more out of using silk touch, or fortune and mine those with that specific enchant (if that makes any sense). I'm reading this over and realize it doesn't make much sense, but if you understand it, great, if you do not, tell me and I will try to explain better.

My Advanced Diamond Drill (Ore Destroyer), has Efficiency 4, and Fortune 3 on it, and it's awesome. I would make a Silk Touch Drill but I've already had to make 2 Advanced Diamond Drills in this world, and don't feel like doing it again (thank's Nether :/).

Oatmonster

Jul 29, 2019
I find that an efficiency 4 rock cutter is enough for my silk touch needs, it never runs out of juice either when I'm wearing my advanced nano.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I find that an efficiency 4 rock cutter is enough for my silk touch needs, it never runs out of juice either when I'm wearing my advanced nano.

Sorry to digress, but I am just wondering, can Advanced Nano Jetpack Armor or whatever the hell that armor piece is called be used to craft Quantum armor?

Betadan

Jul 29, 2019
Sadly it cannot. But honestly i prefer the Advanced nano when puttering around my base and Gravi when exploring.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
With GregTech or Factorization you can get more than Fortune III from most silktouched ores.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Sadly it cannot. But honestly i prefer the Advanced nano when puttering around my base and Gravi when exploring.

AAAARRRGGGGHHHHH! That's annoying. I probably will never craft one of those things than, even though Nano Armor is super cheap I would much rather not just have a random piece of nano armor sitting around my storage area not doing anything. Ugh, that's super obnoxious, and hopefully it will be a thing that happens in 1.5 or 1.6.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
AAAARRRGGGGHHHHH! That's annoying. I probably will never craft one of those things than, even though Nano Armor is super cheap I would much rather not just have a random piece of nano armor sitting around my storage area not doing anything. Ugh, that's super obnoxious, and hopefully it will be a thing that happens in 1.5 or 1.6.
Lol, the personal quirks people have amaze me sometimes :D.

Adv. nano is great, easy to acquire, works well, and after you get gravi, there's no need to feel bad about ritually burning it in lava if you really can't stand the idea of storing an useless bit of armor.

You could also just stick it on a armor stand for pretties.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Lol, the personal quirks people have amaze me sometimes :D.

Adv. nano is great, easy to acquire, works well, and after you get gravi, there's no need to feel bad about ritually burning it in lava if you really can't stand the idea of storing an useless bit of armor.

You could also just stick it on a armor stand for pretties.

It's actually kind of funny, I have 3 naga chest plates in my storage at home, and a very close to broken pair of steel legs in my quarry chests :p. I would rather just use a jetpack and save my nano armor until I get iridium. I keep the jetpack for an emergency if I die somewhere.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
The 10 minutes spent making adv. nano and its constant use will save you wast amounts of time :). Less walking, less re-charging and more defense means you can keep on doing the important stuff instead of focusing on survival.

JezuitX

Jul 29, 2019
Also, why are people acting like it isn't ridiculously easy to make another nano chest piece in no time. It's just coal, a diamond, and some redstone. It's cheaper than making diamond armor for pete sake.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Also, why are people acting like it isn't ridiculously easy to make another nano chest piece in no time. It's just coal, a diamond, and some redstone. It's cheaper than making diamond armor for pete sake.
Well, adv. nano is a bit more complex than that, there's even a few non-stackables, but it's still rather easy to build.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
I quite like the Advanced Nano armour, mainly because I don't usually invest in mass fab until quite far through, and it gives some of the advantages of the other "good" armours (MPS, gravisuit, etc.) of charging tools, defending, and allowing flight. I's even easier to make with AE, and I don't really have any issue with it lying around afterwards (hell, the amount of random armour I pick up every now and then, it's nice to have one that I actually WANT to wear when things go wrong and I lose whichever one I'm wearing at the time).

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
This. Some things get better yield from fortune, some get better yield from silk touch. The solution is to have both at hand, but making another drill is a waste of resources when you've got the rock cutter option sitting there.

You can also use a secondary efficiency IV book on these tools to bring them up to V.

atheneftw

Jul 29, 2019
This. Some things get better yield from fortune, some get better yield from silk touch. The solution is to have both at hand, but making another drill is a waste of resources when you've got the rock cutter option sitting there.

You can also use a secondary efficiency IV book on these tools to bring them up to V.
but the rock cutter is very slow isnt it? i honestly dont see the point of it..

gusmahler

Jul 29, 2019
Get both. Sometimes you not only do you not need silk touch, you don't want silk touch (e.g., I don't want leaves, I want saplings).