Mod Pack Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slackerony

Jul 29, 2019
They've stressed heavily that this is a beta, so I'd probably wait to be on the safe side (though to be honest I've not run into any issues with the pack). I'm not even sure there will be an official release of 1.5.2, last I heard they were only releasing a beta and not recommending any build until 1.6 (someone will correct me if I'm wrong, I'm sure).

Hmm. Well it does seem quite stable tbh - well atleast compared to v0.1 :p.

Also, if anyone has any information towards whether or not there'll actually be an official 1.5.2pack, speak up :)

update/edit: Think i'll make a thread about it on the mod discussion forum, See if anybody knows anything. If anybody sees this with info - Feel free to say it over there.

Wyld

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, update time.

0.5 is inching closer and closer. This one is taking a little longer, due to Forestry and Buildcraft talking some significant versions forward. We're testing mods and their interactivity with these .. not to mention Extra Bees and Magic Bees. Once this round of testing is done, I will do another mod update (lots more overnight), and try to get a stable 0.5 out the door.

Oh, and Biomes O Plenty and Natura are working together so they .. well .. work together. Current word from the devs is, a day or two for this to occur.

I am aiming for 0.5 to have a server release as well. It should be noted, we love you to go and try it .. but do NOT plan on using this as a perm world. Anything could change behind the scenes during this beta phase, and you could well end up with a world that just doesn't work with a 'proper' release.

Am sorry that 0.5 is taking longer than we hoped, but seriously, the last thing we want to push out is a pack that we know doesn't work well.

Step by step, inch by inch.

UnionCraft

Jul 29, 2019
Any word on the Changelogs for the other 1.4.7 modpacks? Its difficult to update without knowing what we are updating.

Reactions: kjonas65

Slackerony

Jul 29, 2019
Wyld@ Is it possible at all, for you to give us a timetable? - Like, Will we have a 'proper' update, within the month?, etc

Also, by a proper update, i assume you mean an actual 1.5.2 non-beta modpack, yes?

alely

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, you know what I liked watching? The update spreadsheet that you guys had! It showed what mods were updated to the next version and the overall progress till the next update? We could have that again yes?

Wait there is a beta pack out? Where can I get it!?

QueWhat

Jul 29, 2019
Wyld@ Is it possible at all, for you to give us a timetable? - Like, Will we have a 'proper' update, within the month?, etc

Also, by a proper update, i assume you mean an actual 1.5.2 non-beta modpack, yes?
The next updated release will be 0.5 as Wyld mentioned, this will still be a beta version.

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, you know what I liked watching? The update spreadsheet that you guys had! It showed what mods were updated to the next version and the overall progress till the next update? We could have that again yes?

Wait there is a beta pack out? Where can I get it!?

launcher, private packs tab, password: 152wgt or 152ngt (with gregtech or no gregtech)

Redwuff

Jul 29, 2019

1) He'd be insane to give a 'timetable', it's impossible to predict exactly when sixty different mod authors are going to release updates or bugfixes, plus it is dependent on how testing goes. Which they have NO WAY TO KNOW. Plus, every time they have released anything resembling a timetable, people take it as gods' own truth and a hard deadline, and then crucify them in the forums if (when!) it doesn't happen. Just be happy we're getting fairly regular updates on what is being done; Wyld and Captainnana have been /very/ diligent in keeping the community updated lately.

2) Please read at least a few pages back in the thread you're posting in before asking such questions, if not (preferably) the entire thing. Or at the very least, the opening post - you know, the one that's repeated at the top of every single page:

Slowpoke said:
This will remain something of a preview pack for the duration of 1.5 with the aim of moving it to recommended sometime during the 1.6 Minecraft cycle although it is to early to say on that.

It has been stated, definitely and REPEATEDLY: there will likely NOT be a 1.5.2 non-beta. There will not be another 'Recommended' version until after 1.6 releases and all the mods update for it. They are doing a 1.5.2 'preview' release as a courtesy to those who do not wish to stay on 1.4.7 Recommended until then, and want to play around with 1.5 while waiting. This is because 1.5 requires new world gen, so there is no upgrade path from most already-existing 1.4.7 servers (without a hell of a lot of work from server owners, and huge amounts of things are /still/ going to break - how many servers besides Magic World have NO people who have not built/something/ with RedPower2?), and then it is entirely likely 1.6 will require new world gen AGAIN.

Patience, grasshopper. This is a group of people, with their own lives and families, who are assembling modpacks that /they/ want to play, on their own time, and putting it up for the rest of us as a kindness. Development cycles aren't predictable in a fully professional environment with paid employees, let alone in a group of unpaid volunteers who are assembling a compilation of things being done by another, larger group of unpaid volunteers who are each working individually. Whatever will come, will come eventually, and pressing people for timetables and making them repeat information that's been given out several times already, even as recently as the top of the page, is only going to slow things down /more/. If it doesn't drive them out of the modding community entirely in frustration...

Redwuff

[edited typos]

Reactions: Eyamaz

Slackerony

Jul 29, 2019
1) He'd be insane to give a 'timetable', it's impossible to predict exactly when sixty different mod authors are going to release updates or bugfixes, plus it is dependent on how testing goes. Which they have NO WAY TO KNOW. Plus, every time they have released anything resembling a timetable, people take it as gods' own truth and a hard deadline, and then crucify them in the forums if (when!) it doesn't happen. Just be happy we're getting fairly regular updates on what is being done; Wyld and Captainnana have been /very/ diligent in keeping the community updated lately.

2) Please read at least a few pages back in the thread you're posting in before asking such questions, if not (preferably) the entire thing. Or at the very least, the opening post - you know, the one that's repeated at the top of every single page:

It has been stated, definitely and REPEATEDLY: there will likely NOT be a 1.5.2 non-beta. There will not be another 'Recommended' version until after 1.6 releases and all the mods update for it. They are doing a 1.5.2 'preview' release as a courtesy to those who do not wish to stay on 1.4.7 Recommended until then, and want to play around with 1.5 while waiting. This is because 1.5 requires new world gen, so there is no upgrade path from most already-existing 1.4.7 servers (without a hell of a lot of work from server owners, and huge amounts of things are /still/ going to break - how many servers besides Magic World have NO people who have not built/something/ with RedPower2?), and then it is entirely likely 1.6 will require new world gen AGAIN.

Patience, grasshopper. This is a group of people, with their own lives and families, who are assembling modpacks that /they/ want to play, on their own time, and putting it up for the rest of us as a kindness. Development cycles aren't predictable in a fully professional environment with paid employees, let alone in a group of unpaid volunteers who are assembling a compilation of things being done by another, larger group of unpaid volunteers who are each working individually. Whatever will come, will come eventually, and pressing people for timetables and making them repeat information that's been given out several times already, even as recently as the top of the page, is only going to slow things down /more/. If it doesn't drive them out of the modding community entirely in frustration...

Redwuff

[edited typos]

Bit harsh, but someone who's kept updated, stating, whats what. I like that, Thank you kind sir.

However - IF u read a few pages back, i have actually commented, quite a few times. And when i posed the question about the proper update - I asked, because saying that, made it sound like there would be a non-beta version of the 1.5.2 pack, And as you know, (well as u quoted him) Slowpoke, wrote that, a month ago? - Things change, as you pointed out drastically. And a timetable within a month, I'm sorry, but that doesn't seem like an unfair thing to ask.
And again, if you read a few pages back, i did state my utter respect for the whole ftb team, and what they do for us. So don't worry. I...Know...

Astfgl

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, update time.

0.5 is inching closer and closer. This one is taking a little longer, due to Forestry and Buildcraft talking some significant versions forward. We're testing mods and their interactivity with these .. not to mention Extra Bees and Magic Bees. Once this round of testing is done, I will do another mod update (lots more overnight), and try to get a stable 0.5 out the door.

Oh, and Biomes O Plenty and Natura are working together so they .. well .. work together. Current word from the devs is, a day or two for this to occur.

I am aiming for 0.5 to have a server release as well. It should be noted, we love you to go and try it .. but do NOT plan on using this as a perm world. Anything could change behind the scenes during this beta phase, and you could well end up with a world that just doesn't work with a 'proper' release.

Am sorry that 0.5 is taking longer than we hoped, but seriously, the last thing we want to push out is a pack that we know doesn't work well.

Step by step, inch by inch.

Just to say, with certain blocks such as railcraft quarried stone i have had problems finding it as biomes o plenty makes it extremely difficult to find the 1/2 biomes is spawns in, i tried adding some biomes in the config file but even when i loaded a new world and found those biomes i could find it. Just wondering with biome specific things like bees and quarried stone will they work well with biomes o plenty

Status
Not open for further replies.