Mod Pack Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
this is the only thing i don't like about FTB...20 days ago was the last real post on these forums saying anything and now we get beta packs temporally witch get removed with out anything new or farther update
Captainnana, who is on the FTB team, has been regularly posting on here, updating us.

Crown2142

Jul 29, 2019
.. I was at work when the pack was released.. (┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻ but thanks for the early release :) can't wait to see what 1.5 is about.. i only play ftb so i have no idea what minecraft added in 1.5, only think i kno is horses in 1.6

killrbladez

Jul 29, 2019
1.5 was the redstone update, so I think that eloraam will have fun when/if she gets back to making redpower, what with certain things getting broken due to vanilla mechanics.

MFINN23

Jul 29, 2019
Because they probably don't know all of the problems with it. It's still a beta
The thing is compiled already just let us get the password. We realize it's full of bugs and is a beta. I feel like they are just toying with us at this point giving us the pack and then taking it away.

BoneDisturbed

Jul 29, 2019
MFINN23 you are starting to sound like a really spoiled brat, they already explained why, they are updated the pack, it will totally ruin the world you'd create.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
We realize it's full of bugs and is a beta.

You might. But I guarantee that at least 50% of all users will complain to me on the help desk.
I know this because a LOT of the tickets on the help desk are users using other than Recommended modpack.s

Trennor

Jul 29, 2019
1.5 was the redstone update, so I think that eloraam will have fun when/if she gets back to making redpower, what with certain things getting broken due to vanilla mechanics.
Not to mention all the texture updates she will have to do thanks to the splitting up of the textures. Imagine having to go through all your code and calling calling the textures from their own individual files, as well as pulling all the standard Minecraft textures from their new default locations. I do not envy Eloraam the amount of work ahead of her.

Sertas

Jul 29, 2019
One minute the pack is great and works right out of the box. Then there is an issue with the pack validation on the DL servers. Now, the pack is being updated again which will break the worlds that were created for a couple hours, at most. These guys have some terrible luck or are not the most organized lot. In the meantime the community is once again in limbo. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Don't get me wrong. I love their work. most of the time. I kinda feel sad for the team because so much seem out of their control and they take all, if not most, of the blame for it.

Trying to be patient and probably failing. If I get flamed the least you can do is cook me med rare so I'll be tender and juicy.

Trennor

Jul 29, 2019
One minute the pack is great and works right out of the box. Then there is an issue with the pack validation on the DL servers. Now, the pack is being updated again which will break the worlds that were created for a couple hours, at most. These guys have some terrible luck or are not the most organized lot. In the meantime the community is once again in limbo. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Don't get me wrong. I love their work. most of the time. I kinda feel sad for the team because so much seem out of their control and they take all, if not most, of the blame for it.

Trying to be patient and probably failing. If I get flamed the least you can do is cook me med rare so I'll be tender and juicy.
You have to remember, this is a side project or hobby for most of them. They still have their normal lives and responsibilities to deal with. Could it help to have a little more information handed out, more then likely. I know I would appreciate it. I believe I have heard it mentioned that they might be getting someone more dedicated to handling PR. As it stands, they do the best they can.

Conguy97

Jul 29, 2019
what do you mean the modpacks are back up? I put in the code, it didnt say anything and when I restarted FTB it still wasn't there... did I do something wrong, or are they still being tested?

Rathum

Jul 29, 2019
2 things, 1: the modpacks are back up.
2: rec is still 0.1 and not 0.2

Just downloaded it and 0.2 adds Modular Powersuits and Natura.

what do you mean the modpacks are back up? I put in the code, it didnt say anything and when I restarted FTB it still wasn't there... did I do something wrong, or are they still being tested?

It's definitely there.

#blamecaptainanna

ShayneJud

Jul 29, 2019
Still says "Codes removed for a while" and no password when I hit it. I even considered it was a caching issue, so I VPNed into my work network, then rdp to a server there, ran Firefox, pulled up the URL, waited 30 seconds, clicked the check box and same thing.. (no password). :(

Status
Not open for further replies.