XyCraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, sounds cool, but I'm not much of an overthemed minecraft guy. That gets into role-playing, and...hops. RP2 doesn't feel like a very "themed" type, and even IC2 doesn't have that "over-thematism". Thaumcraft feels much more themed, but it's an integral part of FTB, so I'm just biased :p

Lonewolf187

Jul 29, 2019
I tried setting up a bog earth fabricator on top of a xycraft tank with water like what Soryn and Dire did in their Multiplayer server hoever the fabricator is not picking up the bucket or putting in the empty one in the tank and I have the fabricator on top of the valve. Does the fabricator not pickup things from a valve anymore?

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
I believe you need an Item IO for that functionality to work. Just place the Item IO in the tank wall, next to the fabricator you want to hook up. If I'm right, that should work perfectly. If I'm not, somebody else will come and correct me.

Ughzug

Jul 29, 2019
block animations need to be optional, FTB lag is bad enough already end game. i can understand machine blocks with animations but building material is overkill.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Actually fabricators suck atm since they have a dupe bug (A very bad one) and Soaryn is seemingly ignoring any request to fix it.

seannyyx

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know why people are so worked up about them. They seem to be rather similar to the autocrafting tables.
Probably because they're not..
They have the ability to pull straight from multiple storage inventories.has its own though small storage. And they're faster.
Plus you can connect multiple together and have them work with one another.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Probably because they're not..
They have the ability to pull straight from multiple storage inventories.has its own though small storage. And they're faster.
Plus you can connect multiple together and have them work with one another.

Still sounds rather similar to the autocrafters. Those are able to do the same except for connecting them together. Not saying they're bad (not at all) just can't understand why people are so excited. Autocrafters have been in the pack since forever and I think they're pretty deprecated now that we have AE.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I think the Fabricator's main draw, at least for me, is that you can hit the ? button on any recipe in NEI, and have it pop right into the crafting grid of the thing, and the fact it uses ghost items for the recipes instead of real ones, like BC auto-crafting tables do. They're also controllable via redstone signal, and easily daisy-chained for multi-step crafting recipes, case in point, Direwolf's HV solar factory he made in his latest SMP series. For me, it makes things simpler, I don't need to create plans for an item like I do with a project table, don't need to pump items out of them to get what I want like I do with BC auto-crafting tables, and the 3x3 internal storage buffer is really useful.

Well, that and Soaryn's got quite the knack for good-looking UI design, lol.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
Another thing I like about the Fabricator is that it plays nicely with XR recipes: they generally take the form of Tome of Alkahestry (sp?) + Item X + N Items Y = 2 Items X. So you can convert a whole bunch at once with the Fabricator even when you only have one X to start with, without lots of clicking back and forth.

Reactions: Barbarian Kitten

Barbarian Kitten

Jul 29, 2019
Another thing I like about the Fabricator is that it plays nicely with XR recipes: they generally take the form of Tome of Alkahestry (sp?) + Item X + N Items Y = 2 Items X. So you can convert a whole bunch at once with the Fabricator even when you only have one X to start with, without lots of clicking back and forth.
:eek:

:O

Genius.

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
I think the Fabricator's main draw, at least for me, is that you can hit the ? button on any recipe in NEI, and have it pop right into the crafting grid of the thing, and the fact it uses ghost items for the recipes instead of real ones, like BC auto-crafting tables do. They're also controllable via redstone signal, and easily daisy-chained for multi-step crafting recipes, case in point, Direwolf's HV solar factory he made in his latest SMP series. For me, it makes things simpler, I don't need to create plans for an item like I do with a project table, don't need to pump items out of them to get what I want like I do with BC auto-crafting tables, and the 3x3 internal storage buffer is really useful.

Well, that and Soaryn's got quite the knack for good-looking UI design, lol.

But what i REALY love is the fabricator-Xycaf Tank combo.

Reactions: EternalDensity

Vegoraptor

Jul 29, 2019
Another set of ideas, after a long break
(previous)

20. Drones and Robots
Drones are to be used dangerous places, say the remains of a badly protected reactor, or the Nether, where you can control them from your home via a terminal. They are resistant to radiation (even though they may carry it on) and, for a short period of time, heat and can perform various tasks if equipped correctly, e.g. with a jetpack and a coin of fortune to mine glowstone over a lava lake or an ender pouch to scavenge in the radioactive crater. Robots are a bit different, as they perform actions via script and are not remote-controlled. To make it easier, they do not need another programming language, but track movement and action of a player wearing a tracking suit and mimic it, maybe with a bit of intelligence themselves after upgrade.

21. Genetics
We already have genetics for trees and bees by Forestry and for plants by IC2, but as far as I see none for animals. It can reach from elementary changes, e.g. more beef from cows unable to produce milk or more eggs from chickens, over mid-tier stuff like static sheep generating energy up to egg-laying, wool and milk yielding pigs.

22. Noisecannon and Ultrasound
If configured correctly, the noisecannon lets certain blocks vibrate, eventually destabilizing them so they drop. Alternately, it may also be used as AoE weapon. An ultrasound detector sends out waves and listens for echoes, showing the direction of ores and other blocks.

23. Lasers
By that I do not mean the energy net, but actual lasers, emitting a bundled (invisible?) beam of light which shatters upon contact to a surface, creating "standard light", so you can see if there are any monsters in a not yet lighted cave. Additionally, on high energy level, they may smelt the stuff they get in contact after a few seconds, depending on material.

24. Satellites
By using conventional rockets or highly reflective lightsails, you can shoot small satellites into the sky, providing different services, such as surveillance of a limited area, an artifical sun shining all night (maybe a bit dimmer) or orbital defenses.

25. Cleanrooms
Even though the architect table is more advanced than the regular workbench, it is logicly incapable of producing complex nanocircuits, as the regular room is just too dirty. For things like nanites (see idea #8 ) or the more advanced gauntlet upgrades, you would need an extremely clean, sterile room only to be entered via an airlock in a special suit.

Reactions: EternalDensity

Gun_Shy

Jul 29, 2019
I've got a performance suggestion. It would probably be fantastic for a lot of players if they had an option to disable some of the fancy animations included in this mod. I, personally, have a sweet rig and I don't need to dumb down the graphics, but I see a lot of people post about Xycraft producing lots of lag, and considering all the other crazy awesomeness in FTB which adds to the processing load, it would be neat if there were an option, or at least a config edit you could perform, to make life easier for a slow computer.

Also, I hope this hasn't already been suggested. All I saw when I skimmed through were item/block addition suggestions. And if it's already in a config file somewhere, I've never seen it. Sorry if this has already been covered :p

Status
Not open for further replies.