New idea for TE

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
I have this idea thats been boiling around in my head and I had to share it with you guys to get feedback and hope king lemming sees this. I would love to see a molten ender transport conduit. Much like a redstone conduit this would be 2 tin with harden glass in the middle with molten ender inside. It would act as a rp2 tube in that it wont spill, you can change the input or output mode with a wrench just like redstone conduits. Maybe even upgrade conduits with BC circuts to add functions like filtering to only accept specific items. Maybe add a module that will output stacks at a time with a small amount of MJ... The main idea here is much less lag IE no rendering if items etc... Instant transport of items with features similar to rp2 features. Ender pearls act as teleporters... The crucible already melts ender pearls. It seems to obvious and simple to me. Anyways what do you guys think? great idea? horrible idea?[DOUBLEPOST=1369090303][/DOUBLEPOST]Or just craft a Item conduit with an autarcic gate and then it can auto output into the conduit system.

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
True. I am just sick of the lag normal bc pipes create. As I understand from the irc chat room zeldo is working on an item ducts so it looks like an alternative to bc pipes is soon on its way!

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
I think they mean that Tesseracts alone don't teleport items, you need a transportation system to feed stuffage into them to get teleported (at least AFAIK.)
depends on what you're transporting. If it's things coming out of te machines then you dont.
Also, just use golems :D[DOUBLEPOST=1369092244][/DOUBLEPOST]
Lambert the idea is that they are instant pipes. Hence the need for molten ender.
I don't see where you get that logic from

whythisname

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think it's a horrible idea, maybe not the most original either, but I would love to see some TE pipes that can go along with their Conduits, Tesseracts and Liquiducts. Somehow it would feel like a sense of completion.

I'm not sure molten ender would be good for this though, I think that should stay with actual teleporting of stuff. Technically these pipes wouldn't be teleporting anything. I don't know if molten glowstone has a purpose besides lighting? But that might be good (considering it consists of gold and redstone dust, according to IC2). Or maybe some other molten stuff.

JPandaGamer

Jul 29, 2019
When I heard you say piped molten ender, I thought more along the lines of processed unstable ender to stabilized ender and pipe it to create a teleportation line when in conjunction to another block. Like a Portal block of sorts where you can activate it with redstone to warp all players/mobs in the area to the end of the line. The conduits could also function like rails, where it can't branch off and can swap directions with a redstone current. That was just my personal first thought.
Another idea is like a player tesseract multiblock. That would also be interesting

I prefer Lambert's idea for energized glowstone to move it faster. Unstable ender just doesn't feel like it would send things in such an organized fashion...

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
My feelings here is that everyone would be forever grateful if KL could do for item transport what he did for liquid and power transport... Doesn't matter if it's molten diamonds or molten iridium, or frikken neutron matter needed to craft it, i want it.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
So... they're tesseracts. Because it's absolutely the case that things can push into tesseracts and they come out the other end into adjacent inventories. TE also offers insertion pipes which give a lot of the benefit of what you've described in the context of real BC pipe networks.

But I feel compelled to ask: Why would you tell us this, Grydian2? Go tell KingLemming.

And if you'd actually like functionality like this, consider Applied Energistics or Immibis's Infinitubes. Both do basically this. In fact, what you're describing is almost exactly what Infinitubes does, down to even the energy consumption. Except Infinitubes has a much more powerful routing system.

And Extra Utilities has pipes that are sort an extended hopper system. Works great.

[DOUBLEPOST=1369102795][/DOUBLEPOST]
My feelings here is that everyone would be forever grateful if KL could do for item transport what he did for liquid and power transport... Doesn't matter if it's molten diamonds or molten iridium, or frikken neutron matter needed to craft it, i want it.

1.5.1 already has a ton of new toys along this aspect. There are so many good options for item transport that it seems a little superfluous. Liquiducts are so awesome because the competition is terrible; it's less clear that he could kill the category as well with item transport.

simon48xbox

Jul 29, 2019
I would love TE pipes that worked like Buildcraft pipes (and could use gates), but zero chance of the items popping out like Redpower tubes. Basically I want Redpower tubes that can have Buildcraft gates on them. Please King Lemming, please. ;)

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
I did tell them in the irc room and they told me they are already working on a item duct.... I just know it wont be ready until 1.6 at the soonest but its in the works. Though I dont think its like my idea and more like an item version of liquiducts.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I'd like to see TE introduce a new block for pumping out items from non-TE inventories. At the moment there is the low tech solution of Wooden Pipes and a Redstone Engine (or a RP transposer/filter and timer), or more "hi tech" solution of Autaric Gates or Golems. Both require heavy resource investment.
Without these options, there's no way for TE to obtain resources from inventories if used stand alone (I believe I remember King Lem stating that you don't actually need buildcraft for TE to work)

Ideally you'd connect this block to an inventory, and it'll have TE configurable sides. The "block" has a single slot internal inventory and will put up to 6-8 items (default TE mode when TE machines pass items to other inventories). If you supply the block with power, it will change to stack mode.
If you had a long line of these blocks, they would behave like a transport pipe but will stop pumping if there is no room.

For the recipe I would say

1 2 1
3 4 3
5 6 5

1 = Any material to "balance" costs
2 = Piston
3 = Wood
4 = Hardened Glass
5 = Ferrous Ingot
6 = Energised Redstone Coil (Copper, surrounded by 4 glowstone and 4 redstone)

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to see TE introduce a new block for pumping out items from non-TE inventories. At the moment there is the low tech solution of Wooden Pipes and a Redstone Engine (or a RP transposer/filter and timer), or more "hi tech" solution of Autaric Gates or Golems. Both require heavy resource investment.
Without these options, there's no way for TE to obtain resources from inventories if used stand alone (I believe I remember King Lem stating that you don't actually need buildcraft for TE to work)

Ideally you'd connect this block to an inventory, and it'll have TE configurable sides. The "block" has a single slot internal inventory and will put up to 6-8 items (default TE mode when TE machines pass items to other inventories). If you supply the block with power, it will change to stack mode.
If you had a long line of these blocks, they would behave like a transport pipe but will stop pumping if there is no room.

For the recipe I would say

1 2 1
3 4 3
5 6 5

1 = Any material to "balance" costs
2 = Piston
3 = Wood
4 = Hardened Glass
5 = Ferrous Ingot
6 = Energised Redstone Coil (Copper, surrounded by 4 glowstone and 4 redstone)
Vanilla 1.5 hopper has almost all that functionality...

No stack mode but transports 4 items a second if recall correctly.

Hopper works very well to feed te machines.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
But will the vanilla hopper feed upwards and sideways? If it does, the only bad thing is it's appearance, a downward pointing hopper that is feeding in a direction that isn't down.

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
It can feed sideways and changes its appearance when it does. It can't feed up but the dropper can. The dropper can't extract from an inventory though.