transferring hosts

solidmoose

Jul 29, 2019
So Ive been hosting my ftb ultimate server for about a month now and Im using Creeperhost as my hosting service. I want to transfer my server onto another host to try it out. What I was wondering was, can I just copy my entire server from creeperhost through ftp and upload it onto the new host? Will it work fine and give no errors? I searched on google and on these forums and I couldnt really find an answer. Thanks for the help guys :)

tiff

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, I own Bioniccraft.net, Mcraftworlds, Steampoweredcraft, and Mcraftworlds. All 100+ players servers. I host with http://dedisolutions.net/hosting

They really hooked me up with the sweet stuff for the price. I never have issues.

Luke_H

Jul 29, 2019
So Ive been hosting my ftb ultimate server for about a month now and Im using Creeperhost as my hosting service. I want to transfer my server onto another host to try it out. What I was wondering was, can I just copy my entire server from creeperhost through ftp and upload it onto the new host? Will it work fine and give no errors? I searched on google and on these forums and I couldnt really find an answer. Thanks for the help guys :)
Ask nicely and I'll put it on a download link for you :)

CoderJ

Jul 29, 2019
Short answer: Probably. Depending on what the new host runs for a control panel, you most probably can do that... worst case scenario you may have to rename the server jar file so it works with whatever they're running.

And no, Luke_H isn't trolling you. CreeperHost is usually pretty easy to work with and he's probably offering to make it so download if via a simple download link rather than downloading your entire server directory one file at a time.

solidmoose

Jul 29, 2019
Short answer: Probably. Depending on what the new host runs for a control panel, you most probably can do that... worst case scenario you may have to rename the server jar file so it works with whatever they're running.

And no, Luke_H isn't trolling you. CreeperHost is usually pretty easy to work with and he's probably offering to make it so download if via a simple download link rather than downloading your entire server directory one file at a time.

in that case :D then pretty please. I would really like that downlaod link instead of downloading one file at a time lol. Even when i try to downlaod it through FTP, it stops downloading every single time when i reach about 50%. not sure why.