IC2 To Buildcraft......

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Winter_11

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this has already been asked but Is there A Way To Convert IC2 EU to Buildcraft MJ? I know there is a way in Tekkit but I can't seem to find a way in FTB. All help would be greatly appreciated, and if this mod is not already in there is there a way to put in a request to have it added?

ajskuce

Jul 29, 2019
Forestry electric engine or you could try adding the power converters mod to your modpack. (which is one of the mods in technic/tekkit that does what you want)

Winter_11

Jul 29, 2019
So If I create an electrical engine it will use the power from IC2? and Do Electrical Engines overheat and explode?

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, they use IC2 power and no, they don't explode.

Pretty sure they do. I had a test world recently using the 1.4.5 versions of mods and they did explode. Running a test now to see.

I believe it's the TE engines that don't explode. ( They just need a whacking with a wrench if they over heat )

EDIT: So far I had 1 engine that was not pumping into anything "Overheat" and it entered a "Forced Cooldown". Now trying to replicate my previous situation that caused the explosions.

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty sure they do. I had a test world recently using the 1.4.5 versions of mods and they did explode. Running a test now to see.

I believe it's the TE engines that don't explode. ( They just need a whacking with a wrench if they over heat )

EDIT: So far I had 1 engine that was not pumping into anything "Overheat" and it entered a "Forced Cooldown". Now trying to replicate my previous situation that caused the explosions.

<shrug> Unable to replicate, even in my test build where it originally happened. Likely a bug or extreme fluke.

Close enough to say that they do not explode.

Winter_11

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome to know they don't explode but I can't get mine to turn on with a Copper cable running EU to the back of the electrical engine then putting a lever and flipping the lever.

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome to know they don't explode but I can't get mine to turn on with a Copper cable running EU to the back of the electrical engine then putting a lever and flipping the lever.

Do you have the engine connected to something that is accepting power? The engine will not pump if there is nothing it is connected to.

Also, are you supplying enough power? By default it is 6 eu/t though you can both reduce and increase that with electron tubes and circuit boards.

Winter_11

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have the engine connected to something that is accepting power? The engine will not pump if there is nothing it is connected to.

Also, are you supplying enough power? By default it is 6 eu/t though you can both reduce and increase that with electron tubes and circuit boards.
Does A Batbox pump out enough energy through copper wires? and i'm trying to run my farm and Combine

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
Does A Batbox pump out enough energy through copper wires? and i'm trying to run my farm and Combine

It should, yes. Batbox outputs at 32 EU/T and copper can handle 32 EU/T. Let me set up a quick test and see what I can verify.

EDIT: Works fine. Can you verify that you have the batbox position correctly? The unique side ( Green dot in sphax, I believe 3 dots by default ) is the output. The 5 other sides that look the same are input.

Winter_11

Jul 29, 2019
Well now the Engine is running but the farm isn't working :/ Is there a specific side that the Power has to come into the Farm?[DOUBLEPOST=1353640327][/DOUBLEPOST]Whoops sorry i forgot the Wooden Conductive Pipe :rolleyes:

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
It indeed does, but back in november, the mod was considered as not being balanced, and was not even considered for FTB.