FTB Ultimate v1.0.1 Skyblock (40 % updated)

squ1b3r

Jul 29, 2019
Just noticed that my be guy disappeared and there is no way to get him back :( Relog didn't work. May be you missed something about this guy?

pi4t

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to trade for iridium, or are we intended to make the mass fabricator craftable?

senderfn

Jul 29, 2019
I enabled the massfab. Enough things to worry about, dont have to make a matterfab aswell.

Edit: Just wanted to start out with thaumcraft, was a bit curious and cheated some goggels of revealing in the game. There is no aura at all, regenerating it via the config file failed. Seems a bit gamebreacking to me.

iWolfJaw

Jul 29, 2019
I enabled the massfab. Enough things to worry about, dont have to make a matterfab aswell.

Edit: Just wanted to start out with thaumcraft, was a bit curious and cheated some goggels of revealing in the game. There is no aura at all, regenerating it via the config file failed. Seems a bit gamebreacking to me.
yea i'm making trades at the TC3 villager to trade for the no vis wand to a fully charged one. Sounds ok?
I'll make a villager to trade for iridium, the map haven't done yet...

senderfn

Jul 29, 2019
Isnt there a way to get The Thaumcraft Nodesystem into the map? A charged wand is definitly a possibility, but some things like repair enchantments and so on wont work.

pi4t

Jul 29, 2019
You can always grow yourself a silverwood tree, which will make a node appear :)

Wouldn't there be a danger, though, that a player would be left with, say, 1 vis in their wand, no easy way to get rid of it, and a villager who'll only accept empty wands?

I'd say that in the long term silverwood nodes would be the best solution.

You also mentioned you were looking for suggestions, so I thought I'd try to compile a list of items and blocks that one cannot currently get:

Soul Sand
Glowstone can only be got inefficiently from redstone ore
Vines
Lilypads
Cocoa
Marble
Basalt
Xycraft ores (Some people like them :) Not completely sure why)
Silver ore
Apatite
Red rock and Cracked sand
Saddle (if you happen to care)
Blaze rod
Netherwart
Ghast tear (Ok, possible, but can you imagine fighting ghasts in Skyblock? Maybe with a jetpack...hmm)
Carrot and potato, unless we're allowed to rob the shopkeepers' item frames and/or are expected to hunt zombies for years
Wither head
Logic Matrix Programmer
Quartz ore (though this will be redone in 1.5, so not too big an issue for now)
Netherquartz (in 1.5)
Ferrous ore
Bauxite

Iridium can be obtained from ferrous ore through platinum, but will take about 360 ore to make enough for one plate. If the intention is to use the matter fabricator, then iridium would probably need to be sold more directly, and at that point you'd be better off just making the mass fabricator craftable.

Personally, I'd like to try playing it without using EE3 (so you have to get different resources in different ways a lot more). Obviously another mod would be needed to make ores renewable, but this one would do fine, and doesn't require any worldgen (the 'magic essence' drops from the plants it adds). The only items which can't be made from the starting items without EE3 are these, and so I'd really appreciate it if you added a way of getting them too:

Clay (Ok, you can get it, but need an industrial centrifuge first!)
Diamond
The different types of saplings
...and that's all, I think.

Hope that's helpful.

senderfn

Jul 29, 2019
Well you got Silver Ore in your list, its sold by the IC2 Trader. The other things on the list i agree, some of them you can get right now already (Soulsand, BlazeRods) but the effort is already silly. For my Blazerod i searched a location of a prior netherfortress, build a mobgrinder and waited for blazes to spawn some time. Soul sand is available via the MFR machines, namely the sludge boiler. The rate is so low that I took a stack from NEI, throwing away a bit gold.

Edit:
You said growing a Silverwood tree is an option but apparently its not, because the trees are only growing with an existing aura :/

pi4t

Jul 29, 2019
Oh. I stand corrected on all 3 counts.

Didn't realise blazes could spawn without a spawner. Still, it seems a bit against the spirit of the thing to seek out a nether fortress site.

squ1b3r

Jul 29, 2019
You can always grow yourself a silverwood tree, which will make a node appear :)

You also mentioned you were looking for suggestions, so I thought I'd try to compile a list of items and blocks that one cannot currently get:

Vines - grow on Jungle trees
Basalt - 6 cobble and minium stone gives you one basalt cobble
Xycraft ores - because you can do awesome machines with it. And tanks are awesome
Silver ore - you can buy it
Apatite - you can buy it
Carrot and potato - you can buy it

Personally I like how hard it is. You really need to think how to get stuff and build a farm to get blaze rod sound legit :)

senderfn

Jul 29, 2019
well you only need to get 1 blazerod, then you can go the pulverize way to get infinite blazerods.
I cant buy carrots, potatoes and apatite?

Edit: Havent downloaded the 40% map so...

pi4t

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I was using the slightly older map, and obviously failed to check the things. I'm aware of the ones in the item frames, but I'm not sure if WolfJaw intends to allow players to remove them.

As has been pointed out, you need at least one blaze rod. I also, frankly, consider the 'infinite blazerods' thing to be an exploit, rather than an acceptable strategy :) I think most other people would agree with me on that one, as they're fairly valuable and doing that removes the value from them.

There may also be ways of getting the other items which don't show up in nei which I'd forgotten about. Not sure why I didn't see the basalt cobble one, though.

senderfn

Jul 29, 2019
Of course its one of the crossmod exploits, but on a skyblock map im fine with this one. It would be nice to see a nethertrader with blazerods, netherrack, soulsand, nether warts, glowstone and magma slime drop.

iWolfJaw

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I was using the slightly older map, and obviously failed to check the things. I'm aware of the ones in the item frames, but I'm not sure if WolfJaw intends to allow players to remove them.

As has been pointed out, you need at least one blaze rod. I also, frankly, consider the 'infinite blazerods' thing to be an exploit, rather than an acceptable strategy :) I think most other people would agree with me on that one, as they're fairly valuable and doing that removes the value from them.

There may also be ways of getting the other items which don't show up in nei which I'd forgotten about. Not sure why I didn't see the basalt cobble one, though.
yes they are gifts. why else i put it there?Maybe i'll rewrite my notes so people can be aware of it.[DOUBLEPOST=1366624344][/DOUBLEPOST]
Of course its one of the crossmod exploits, but on a skyblock map im fine with this one. It would be nice to see a nethertrader with blazerods, netherrack, soulsand, nether warts, glowstone and magma slime drop.
will add in the later version.

iWolfJaw

Jul 29, 2019

Wouldn't there be a danger, though, that a player would be left with, say, 1 vis in their wand, no easy way to get rid of it, and a villager who'll only accept empty wands?

I'd say that in the long term silverwood nodes would be the best solution.

Soul Sand
Glowstone can only be got inefficiently from redstone ore
Vines
Lilypads
Cocoa
Marble
Basalt
Xycraft ores (Some people like them :) Not completely sure why)
Silver ore
Apatite
Red rock and Cracked sand
Saddle (if you happen to care)
Blaze rod
Netherwart
Ghast tear (Ok, possible, but can you imagine fighting ghasts in Skyblock? Maybe with a jetpack...hmm)
Carrot and potato, unless we're allowed to rob the shopkeepers' item frames and/or are expected to hunt zombies for years
Wither head
Logic Matrix Programmer
Quartz ore (though this will be redone in 1.5, so not too big an issue for now)
Netherquartz (in 1.5)
Ferrous ore
Bauxite

Iridium can be obtained from ferrous ore through platinum, but will take about 360 ore to make enough for one plate. If the intention is to use the matter fabricator, then iridium would probably need to be sold more directly, and at that point you'd be better off just making the mass fabricator craftable.

Personally, I'd like to try playing it without using EE3 (so you have to get different resources in different ways a lot more). Obviously another mod would be needed to make ores renewable, but this one would do fine, and doesn't require any worldgen (the 'magic essence' drops from the plants it adds). The only items which can't be made from the starting items without EE3 are these, and so I'd really appreciate it if you added a way of getting them too:

Clay (Ok, you can get it, but need an industrial centrifuge first!)
Diamond
The different types of saplings
...and that's all, I think.

Hope that's helpful.
Sorry but i'm not intended to remove EE3 from the map. It's included in the mod pack so why should i excluded it anyway :)? If you are trying to play this map with other mod i'm completely fine with it. And yea wands can be charge no matter how much vis is left from it so don't worry. I'll add more items so plz be patient.

If you cant grow silverwood tree, make a hoe of growth to instantly grow it as suggested :http://feed-the-beast.wikia.com/wiki/Silverwood_Tree

iWolfJaw

Jul 29, 2019
Oh and one more thing. It's near end term test for me so I cannot concentrate on making this map so please expect to not seeing me and my map for a while. Rlly sorry.

squ1b3r

Jul 29, 2019
Oh and one more thing. It's near end term test for me so I cannot concentrate on making this map so please expect to not seeing me and my map for a while. Rlly sorry.

It's ok, man. Thanks for your hard work. Good luck!

senderfn

Jul 29, 2019
Nice.
I run into a problem starting bees - we start out in a snow biome and its really hard to get bees to do sth there ;)
Also my apiaries run into the forestry bug where they cry "hostile environment" every time i log on, even if the environment is the right one. Replacing them fixes the bug. Thats sad because Sengir is already aware of the bug and has no idea whats causing it.
What I can recall he said in a thread that its an issue with worlds pre ... erm some version.