Moving items from one map to the other.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

akamanu

Jul 29, 2019
Hello minecrafters, I got a question here for you. Since Slowpoke stated on his stream today that the mindcrack pack and the like will be staying on minecraft 1.4.7 and the ultimate will continue to update 1.5 without repower, I find myself on the necessity to restart the map me and my friends play when the ultimate updates (he said around 7-10) days.
My main problem is that we want to bring with us certain items, usually ppl would suggest just to cheat them in but there are certain items you cant, like bees for example, we have bred all the possible mutations and we don't really wanna loose those.
Do you guys know anyway so I can migrate certain items?
Tys in advance.
/manu

Affex

Jul 29, 2019
I was in the same position as you, Was migrating to ultimate but wanted to bring some stuff to my new world.
What I did was, I set NEI on cheat mode, Which enables you to save your inventory in a tab to the left. I then went to my new world and loaded my old inventory.
But, I did it in SSP, Im not sure how this would work for a server.

EDIT: or you can put the stuff you want to bring with you in your inventory, And then
copy the player datafiles to the new world

Reactions: Whovian

nevakanezah

Jul 29, 2019
You can copy-paste the player files from your map save over, and that might do it. It'd allow you to keep all the items you have on your person, so choose wisely

Edit: Damnit, got sniped.

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, I may have done it the hard way then. I just went into the world folder under players and copies my player data to the new world.

Now, this has the effect of:
You keep all your inventory, research in thaumcraft, levels, position, x,y,z, dimension ... possibly ender chest contents but I didn't verify that.

I duped a bee of mine that got bugged out so to speak.

The thing to keep in mind is, you will appear in the new world where you logged out in the old world. This means you could end up over the terrain, or in a cave, or in the ocean but at the same x,y,z coordinates as when you logged out of the old world.

Or ... if NEI allows ya to save inventory ... that sounds neet.

akamanu

Jul 29, 2019
Thxs for quick answers ppl:). I tried copying the player file from the users folder from my server in to a newly created world to try it out and nothing happens, its pretty weird, ill try fuzzel´s idea

/manu

Fuzzles works fine, but its going to be a pain to do with all the chars, anyone know why the player file moving don't work? I got the files from server/world/players/*.dat ------> to the same folder on the newly created world.

hotblack desiato

Jul 29, 2019
I'd say, the best way to keep everything is:

make a backup of the world, update, watch what happens. my guess, every redpower item will vanish, including volcanos, rubber trees, marble and so on.
look, if you can live with that situation.

if you really want to restart, I'd say: take the old world-files, create a mystcrafte age in the new world, and replace the newly created mystcraft age with the old world files. there are nice tutorials how to do that.

so whenever you like to, you can go back to the old world and port your stuff to the new world. and even if you have forgotten something, you can still go back and take it...

Reactions: akamanu

akamanu

Jul 29, 2019
I'd say, the best way to keep everything is:

make a backup of the world, update, watch what happens. my guess, every redpower item will vanish, including volcanos, rubber trees, marble and so on.
look, if you can live with that situation.

if you really want to restart, I'd say: take the old world-files, create a mystcrafte age in the new world, and replace the newly created mystcraft age with the old world files. there are nice tutorials how to do that.

so whenever you like to, you can go back to the old world and port your stuff to the new world. and even if you have forgotten something, you can still go back and take it...
That's actually a brilliant idea, the myscraft one, and I do feel stupid since I read this forums a lot and I should have come up with that one, this old brain of mine don't work as it used to. Ill do that, so ppl can keep their stuff and structures.
Tys again to all who answered.
/manu

Darknesschaos

Jul 29, 2019
Didn't they say they would keep the current one as the official one for now, and leave it at 1.4.7 but update all of the mods to the final 1.4.7 version? Also, I swear it was said they would have an ultimate 1.5.1 private pack. So there is no NEED to jump worlds, but if you must, good luck!

akamanu

Jul 29, 2019
Didn't they say they would keep the current one as the official one for now, and leave it at 1.4.7 but update all of the mods to the final 1.4.7 version? Also, I swear it was said they would have an ultimate 1.5.1 private pack. So there is no NEED to jump worlds, but if you must, good luck!
well if you read the news on the launcher you can see that they will keep the packs at 1.4.7 until maybe 1.6, but they will release a "beta pack" with all the new goodies from all the mods and the vanilla mineraft. We do want the new stuff that the mods bring and we really don't want to wait until 1.6 to restart the map. Besides if what slow said today is true, that migrating the worlds from 1.4.7 to 1.5 would basically destroy them, there is no point on waiting.
Ty for the good luck hehe:) we hope the transition is painless as possible.
/manu

Stairmasternem

Jul 29, 2019
The only issue I could see occuring with a transfer via mystcraft age would be if objects have different block ids/ item ids in your new pack. Be careful of that.

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
I think that's what they tell patients families at the hospice. "We hope the transition is painless as possible."

hotblack desiato

Jul 29, 2019
The only issue I could see occuring with a transfer via mystcraft age would be if objects have different block ids/ item ids in your new pack. Be careful of that.

I doubt that this could be an issue. if this would be the case, they would send out a warning, that no ultimate world can be switched from 1.4.7 to 1.5.1.

the only thing I hope is: marble and basalt should be switched to ebxl. because those are terrain-blocks and ebxl is a terrain mod. and without those two blocks (and related blocks like marbe bricks), there are huge gaps in the world.

the mystcraft way would be the best one, if there is plenty of RP2-machinery, which will be broken after transfer.

there is however another situation: if RP2 gets re-added to ultimate, when there is a compatible version, you can replace the plundered world with the backup. et voila, the rp2-machines work again.