Old Adeptcraft - A collection of memories

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Milaha

Jul 29, 2019
So I've been playing with the poop system.

I've noted in my test system that cow and sheep poop the same it seems.
But Ive also noted HOLY *#$@ BALLS you need a lot of poop to keep up with just one MFR farm.
Like my test system has 30 sewage collectors 120 sheep/cows and that can barely keep 2 composters running all the time and 4 of them running just slightly under max speed (seems 2maxed vs 4 not maxed the 4 run slightly faster) That drops 4 fertilizer a cycle while the farm uses up 9 a cycle.

So yeah anyone got a little more XP with MFR that could give me a solid Collectors to animals to composter per farm ratio to work with?
I find it is good for early fertilizer, or for tree fertilizing, but if you really want to max fertilize a normal farm you need to use a different method of gathering (one of the crafting recipes, remember ic2 fert works too). All those animals just cause so much lag.

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
I'm just gonna pop in here really late. But I saw the words Doctor Who and all I have to say is..... Did anyone else watch Doctor Who like 6 or 7 years ago and then dropped it and now it's back. I feel like a hipster. I watched it before it was cool. jk. but yea. Why did it gain popularity so randomly?
It got cancelled, then brought back. So it didn't gain popularity, it started existing :p

Jeez. Is there any reason they keep changing doctors? Do they keep quitting?
No, they just don't want to work on one thing until they die. Plus, if a doctor stayed for 20 years there would be no suspense.

They have an advantage over other shows in that they can change actors easily; why waste it?
id say sphax is like the most popular tex pack out there so chances are no you're not alone in liking it. It still looks like shit though.
I absolutely hate Sphax, especially the really low-res ones.
As for myself, I use the 32x faithful. It makes everything look a little better, but not one of those 2048x2048 which look awful and cripple even the best computers.

I'm using Sphax for Adeptcraft. :p
You're no longer welcome on the server :p

Reactions: Lambert2191

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I find it is good for early fertilizer, or for tree fertilizing, but if you really want to max fertilize a normal farm you need to use a different method of gathering (one of the crafting recipes, remember ic2 fert works too). All those animals just cause so much lag.

I just find it odd that a mod would not be self contain supportive. It seems fairly out of place that you would have a process to make fertilizer in the mod but then have no way to make a reasonable amount if it for just 1 farm. And this is running on the version that does not even allow for larger farms. Basically if you can not support a 3x3 farm out of the box I would hate to see anything larger.

So it is silly. But it will be easier in the long run to pluverize some apatite and then just get a skeleton farm and use the IC2 fertilizer recpice that makes no sense that is 1 fertilizer + 1 Bone meal = 2 fertilizer.

This 40 cell has 80 sheep and it just barely keeps two compostors running at max.

2013-04-10_16.02.06 by Saice, on Flickr

Now this might be an issue with the fact currently in FTB the version only checks directly above itself and the newer update allows for upgrades that make the collector check in an area. So there might be an issue where it is not counting the mobs all that well. If you watch the pipes below you can see the collectors do not put out evenly and sometimes stop output for awhile. Saddly I don't think FTB will be updating MFR until they do their next big update. So for the mean time looks like I'll be doing Fertilizer doubling with the magic of bonemeal. That is once I find some diamonds.

Man I need to go mining.

Milaha

Jul 29, 2019
I just find it odd that a mod would not be self contain supportive. It seems fairly out of place that you would have a process to make fertilizer in the mod but then have no way to make a reasonable amount if it for just 1 farm. And this is running on the version that does not even allow for larger farms. Basically if you can not support a 3x3 farm out of the box I would hate to see anything larger.

I actually used the in-mod recipe for MFR fertilizer. IIRC it used 2 bonemeal, 2 wheat, a stick, and some string to make 16 fert. I could be wrong on the numbers but I think those were the resources used. I farmed everything but the bonemeal which came from a skele spawner.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I actually used the in-mod recipe for MFR fertilizer. IIRC it used 2 bonemeal, 2 wheat, a stick, and some string to make 16 fert. I could be wrong on the numbers but I think those were the resources used. I farmed everything but the bonemeal which came from a skele spawner.

Yes that is what I am using now. But it just seems weird that there totally are these machines that in the mod that end up being semi useless since the output is ridiculously low.

EDIT- I say I will be going to the IC2 one just because it will be better in the long run because unless I want to go to a cow spawner too the leather required for the in mod recipe would get to costly in the long run.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
ya saice i would have to agree with you about that you would think that animal poo would create more fertilizer but it would be funny if it gave off a small potion effect to resemble the smell of fertilizer being made lol

Milaha

Jul 29, 2019
Yes that is what I am using now. But it just seems weird that there totally are these machines that in the mod that end up being semi useless since the output is ridiculously low.

I think the problem is less how little they produce, and more how much the fertilizers can consume. Using it on a tree is great cause it takes a while to chop it down, fertilizing a 3x3 wheat farm tho runs through an entire stack in seconds.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I think the problem is less how little they produce, and more how much the fertilizers can consume. Using it on a tree is great cause it takes a while to chop it down, fertilizing a 3x3 wheat farm tho runs through an entire stack in seconds.

Yes which is the issue I want to do biomass production. And since the MFR and IC2 fertilizers don't work for that I need compost and the easiest way to do that is via wheat.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
So the lamp posts are looking ugly to me and crowd up the place to much.

So I went and murdered some squids in the puddles around my base and made some camo trap doors

Now you see the floor lighting

Trap Lights by Saice, on Flickr

and now you dont

Trap Lights by Saice, on Flickr

And now I go mine because damint I need mats.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
i like it. it's always hard to get large areas well lit and not look like your spamming torches or in your case street lamps

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
i like it. it's always hard to get large areas well lit and not look like your spamming torches or in your case street lamps

Yes... And I'll mostly put a few lamp posts back up for looks but just that for looks.

Mooseman9

Jul 29, 2019
Saice, I think chickens give you a crapton of crap. More than other animals. I may be wrong though.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Personally saice, I'm a bit iffy on the roads. I don't like the indentation they make :p But of course it's your road, and your choice :D
And have you tried putting lights in the roads? I saw this one town on tekkit that had the NICEST roads I had ever seen. I'll have to go onto that server and check them out. Then I can show you. But that will be in whatever time I remember to do so, so...you probably won't see those roads for a couple years weeks days.[DOUBLEPOST=1365637500][/DOUBLEPOST]
So it is silly. But it will be easier in the long run to pluverize some apatite and then just get a skeleton farm and use the IC2 fertilizer recpice that makes no sense that is 1 fertilizer + 1 Bone meal = 2 fertilizer.
And, isn't it 1 scrap+1 fertilizer=2 fertilizer? Or is that 1.2.5??
I remember infinite fertilizer systems with a cobble gen.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Saice, I was thinking today about what roads would look cool. Would you ever consider using Redstone ore for an area or small road? They light up when you step on it, so.. :3

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
I did that for a theatre in an old vanilla server, redstone lit up so it wouldn't be all dark :p
Yea, there's tripwire on top of a lamp or something, but redstone feels so much...vanillyier!

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Saice, I think chickens give you a crapton of crap. More than other animals. I may be wrong though.

It apears to work like so. chicken -> cat -> wolf -> pig -> Cow/Sheep for poop per animal. Form the testing Ive done.

Also while it says it counts the animals above the block it appears in the version in FTB that is a little buggy and counting 1 or 0 and not really seeming to noitce if there is animals stacked or pushed into the same square. I assume just because of how it will work that once FTB upgrades to the newer version that has ranges it will work much better.