Any modpack wont load or crash

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Haruuun

Jan 19, 2021
All modpacks i test are going to crash ( error code 0) or they dont load. Cant play anything

Apr 21, 2020
I'd love to post the crash report but no report is given
Minecraft Launcher 1_21_2021 11_46_22 AM.png

Apr 21, 2020
I have found the fix for this issue. The old version of the mods when updating to newer versions. you need to wipe the old mod folder and the game will start as per normal. This is a bit of a workaround until the team figures out a way to remove the older mods when updating too a newer versions of the packs.

kasumi-tsubasa

Jan 30, 2021
I have found the fix for this issue. The old version of the mods when updating to newer versions. you need to wipe the old mod folder and the game will start as per normal. This is a bit of a workaround until the team figures out a way to remove the older mods when updating too a newer versions of the packs.
how to do this? like, where to find the old mod folder?

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2020
Fist click on the three dots of the mod that is acting up, to bring up more details on the mod in question, then click on the button open folder to see the instance for that mod and then delete the mod that is acting up, then redownload the mod which should clear up the instant crash at launch

kasumi-tsubasa

Jan 30, 2021
Fist click on the three dots of the mod that is acting up, to bring up more details on the mod in question, then click on the button open folder to see the instance for that mod and then delete the mod that is acting up, then redownload the mod which should clear up the instant crash at launch
how to find the mod that is acting up? also, this is my first time attempting to use FTB/downloading any mods in general so i dont have any old mods.

Apr 21, 2020
I have had FTB University crash the instant I tried to launch the game after updating the modpack to version 1.2.1 from version 1.2.0 Only by wiping the entire pack and installing the newer version fixed the instant crash at launch.