Authenication

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Evil Pumpkin

Oct 21, 2020
how long is the authentication gonna be down for? Anyone else having this issue?
--StoneBlock 2

Attachments

• fix.PNG
    fix.PNG
    52.5 KB · Views: 63

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
how long is the authentication gonna be down for? Anyone else having this issue?
--StoneBlock 2

Authentication servers is nothing we control and therefore nothing we can answer.

Those are Mojangs servers.

If it never works for you, then you might have used a cracked launcher that puts false records in your host file on your machine, clear that out.

c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

You can open that in notepad, and if there's any line that states "mojang" something, then you need to open the file as administrator/elevated and remove those lines, and then save the file.

After that it should work.

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
do i have to delete this
"authserver.mojang.com"
"sessionserver.mojang.com"

Yes - if you have those in your host file, then you've used a hacked / cracked launcher before.

First - don't use cracked launchers!

Second - I really recommend you to change your password for your Mojang/Minecraft account.

Evil Pumpkin

Oct 21, 2020
I used the twitch minecraft launcher.. like when u click play on a modpack it brings up the launcher.. and I still have those authserver and sessionserver

Last edited:

Evil Pumpkin

Oct 21, 2020
and does anyone know how to fix the login for minecraft.net.. I enter in all my stuff and clicked login and it just goes gray nothing else happens

Auntydae

Oct 21, 2020
Yes - if you have those in your host file, then you've used a hacked / cracked launcher before.

First - don't use cracked launchers!

Second - I really recommend you to change your password for your Mojang/Minecraft account.

I cant afford a real minecraft account

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
I cant afford a real minecraft account

Honestly I think that's BS, if you can afford a computer and being online - then you can afford Minecraft.

And even if the case would be that you "can't afford" - then don't play Minecraft, what you're doing now is stealing - and that's never OK, regardless of not being able to afford something.