[1.6.4] Material Energy^3 [JamPacked] [HQM] [CTM] [Beta]

elcid534

Jul 29, 2019
Got any more info? I mean, crashlog would have been the best thing to post. What do you mean it won't open, i runs but crashes? It runs but can't join?

C

Coimbra01

When I open the bat file "LaunchServer" a cmd program (I think) opens and it says to press any key; when I do it nothing happens
By the way I download the server with the link in this page

Last edited:

elcid534

Jul 29, 2019
right. so your gonna have to edit the LaunchServer.bat and remove the line at the start that says "@Echo off" ( i assume) then run it again. then copy the error that appears.

right, so i just started it, and it threw a
Code:
2017-06-23 23:15:21 [SEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] Unable to launch
java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
        at java.util.ArrayList$Itr.checkForComodification(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.ArrayList$Itr.remove(Unknown Source)
        at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:114)
        at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:27)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.run(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:48)
        at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.main(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:17)
you see, this old minecraft doesnt actually run on java 1.8 correctly, so i had to change the batch to use the 1.7 java i had installed
which is to say i changed :
Code:
java -Xmx%mem% -XX:MaxPermSize=256M -jar forge-1.6.4-9.11.1.965-universal.jar nogui
to
Code:
"C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_80\bin\java" -Xmx%mem% -XX:MaxPermSize=256M -jar forge-1.6.4-9.11.1.965-universal.jar nogui

note that you more then likely wont havt the exact same version of java as i do ( i have the java dev kit, you want the Java Runtime or JRE version) then it started correctly for me. good luck, tell me how it goes.

Last edited:
C

Coimbra01

Thanks a lot man!! I just need to know one more thing: how do I know the server's ip?

elcid534

Jul 29, 2019
The servers IP would usually be your computers IP, it can be found in your network connections (https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/15291/windows-find-pc-ip-address)
goto Control Panel, then Network and Sharing Centre. click on the Connections in the Active Networks.
then click the details button on the window, then your ip will be on the list under IPv4.
upload_2017-6-24_8-14-36.png

C

Coimbra01

elcid534

Jul 29, 2019
im assuming that when you say "my friends" you mean, "my friends over the internet" the ip i had you go get is the one for LAN (Local Area Network) however over the internet/WAN is a whole lot more fun and full of pitfalls. SO...

Go get LogMeIn Hamachi and have your friends do the same, setup a new network (limit for a free account is 5 people inc yourself) and use the ip given in LogMeIn to have your friends join.

that is the simple easy and safe way.

Hard way is doing port forwarding, which i really cant help you with.

C

Coimbra01

im assuming that when you say "my friends" you mean, "my friends over the internet" the ip i had you go get is the one for LAN (Local Area Network) however over the internet/WAN is a whole lot more fun and full of pitfalls. SO...

Go get LogMeIn Hamachi and have your friends do the same, setup a new network (limit for a free account is 5 people inc yourself) and use the ip given in LogMeIn to have your friends join.

that is the simple easy and safe way.

Hard way is doing port forwarding, which i really cant help you with.
ty

elcid534

Jul 29, 2019
EDIT : THIS STATEMENT IS WRONG!!!
The ftb launcher has been discontinued. Try the twitch client.

Last edited:

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
I just checked the twitch launcher and I can find Material Energy ^4 but nothing for Material Energy ^3.

You get the same results when searching curseforge
https://minecraft.curseforge.com/search?search=Material+energy

I remember good things from this pack, guess thats why I am still watching this thread, and was thinking of playing it and 4 when I got done my time playing through Blightfall.

Anyone have any other ideas? Or anyone know parcel31u and can ask him to upload a several year old pack?

Reactions: elcid534

elcid534

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, i Google'd it and if you go to the feed the beast launcher and pick the "pack codes" button and use the code "ME3" it will unlock.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
I just checked the twitch launcher and I can find Material Energy ^4 but nothing for Material Energy ^3.

You get the same results when searching curseforge
https://minecraft.curseforge.com/search?search=Material+energy

I remember good things from this pack, guess thats why I am still watching this thread, and was thinking of playing it and 4 when I got done my time playing through Blightfall.

Anyone have any other ideas? Or anyone know parcel31u and can ask him to upload a several year old pack?
All thrid party packs require a pack codes to be entered on the 3rd party tab to be played on the FTB launcher. The pack code is provided by the mod dev on the OP post. For this one it is me3. I have just downloaded the FTB launcher and entered the code and it popped straight up.

Reactions: zBob

choekstr

Jun 28, 2020
Since it took me far to long to find this (#faq on parcel31u's discord) you can get ME^3 on twitch as it's been released as Material Energy Classic and is no longer available as a special pack code on the legacy ftb launcher or MultiMC pack code.

You will also need to either remove bspkrcore or change it's config to this:

Code:
    # Set to true to allow checking for updates for ALL of my mods, false to disable [default: true]
    B:allowUpdateCheck=false

Last edited: