FTB Launcher extracted (tar.gz) Java detection

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Dre4M

Jan 1, 2014
Heyo,
So since FTB moved back to its origins, decided to get back to FTB Launcher, but got a problem that it requires Java to be installed. I have downloaded tar.gz ages ago and I basicly extract it to the folder and use it as normally with MultiMC (for example). Is there any way to resolve this without any Java installations, just using extracted folder?
There was an option in MultiMC to add Java to the path if it wasn't detected, maybe it would be possible to do the same here?
Regards

Galaxy_78

Feb 16, 2020
Heyo,
So since FTB moved back to its origins, decided to get back to FTB Launcher, but got a problem that it requires Java to be installed. I have downloaded tar.gz ages ago and I basicly extract it to the folder and use it as normally with MultiMC (for example). Is there any way to resolve this without any Java installations, just using extracted folder?
There was an option in MultiMC to add Java to the path if it wasn't detected, maybe it would be possible to do the same here?
Regards
Hey
I dont know a lot about this but I just installed Java 64 bits for free and it works

Dre4M

Jan 1, 2014
Installing Java means services running in the background and so on. As mentioned I prefered MultiMC way, but if that's not possible then I'll have to stick to MultiMC.