I was on here before but...

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Excavation enchantment? I didn't know there was such a thing! I know there's an excavate modifier that can go on tinkers tools?

Terra M Welch

Oct 17, 2019
Playing Sevtech Ages
The quest states to get either the enchantment on vanilla tools or the modifier on tinker tools. I've seen the excavation enchanted book in JEI.

Due to the whole "you have to grind experience and level up the tool" mechanic, I decided to just forego tinker tools and just use vanilla ones with enchantments, it's much easier to just do book enchanting in 1.12.2 especially with astral sorcery enchanting, not to mention my valonite pickaxe at this point has experience boost III on it so getting enchantment levels is really quick.

I just feel like I've been unlucky so far.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
The quest states to get either the enchantment on vanilla tools or the modifier on tinker tools. I've seen the excavation enchanted book in JEI.

Due to the whole "you have to grind experience and level up the tool" mechanic, I decided to just forego tinker tools and just use vanilla ones with enchantments, it's much easier to just do book enchanting in 1.12.2 especially with astral sorcery enchanting, not to mention my valonite pickaxe at this point has experience boost III on it so getting enchantment levels is really quick.

I just feel like I've been unlucky so far.
Ahh I see, I didn't realise that was a thing. Hmm that is unlucky then :(

Terra M Welch

Oct 17, 2019
Playing Sevtech Ages
Okay I must know, what triggers the completion of the advancement where you have to build and upgrade a viescraft airship? I made one and upgraded it a bunch, even customized it. Does it have to be all tier 5? Cause the frame and engine are, but the balloon is tier 4 and core is tier 3

gattsuru

May 25, 2013
Unless it's changed, Excavate is only available as a Treasure Enchantment. For the most part, you're better off using the OreExcavationIntegration Tinker's Modifier until you start running space dungeons; while it can spawn before that, it's really not worth hunting for.

Not sure on the Viescraft; I think you're intended to run all the way to tier 5 on every part, but I'd never really messed with them.

Terra M Welch

Oct 17, 2019
Playing Sevtech Ages
ugh, well that's a pain, the airships don't let you undo upgrades, so I'd have to recraft all the upgrades up to that point...

I'm trying to 100% all age advancements before moving onto the next one, and I really dislike how the tinker tools require a ton of tedious "exp grinding" just to put modifiers on.

This has turned into a difficult situation...

Terra M Welch

Oct 17, 2019
Playing Sevtech Ages
Well... I figured out why the viescraft achievement doesnt complete, it's calling for one of the airship items you can only get in creative, as in ones with no NBT tags, and even then it has to be a tier 1-4 creative spawned airship item.

So basically this is an oversight methinks, so this advancement is literally impossible legit, seems a bug/oversight to me.

Terra M Welch

Oct 17, 2019
Playing Sevtech Ages
Age 4 hype!

20191120023740_1.jpg