[Solved] allow-nether resets on server start

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
I was happily going about my business on a new map, and after a couple of days it was time to hop into the nether.

I create a portal, jump in it, get the purple motion-sickness, and I stay there.

/cofh tps shows that there is a Nether (-1) dimension, and after a couple of in-game days, pigmen start pouring out of the portal.

Checked my server.properties, and I see allow-nether=false.

I stop the server, change it to "true", save, start server and it's instantly back to false.

It's doing my head in - I added no dimension altering mod that isn't included in Revelation, so I can't understand what the hell keeps changing it the instant I start the server.

Running FTB Revelation 2.7.0

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
It's gotta be something like the server still running when you make the change. Or something mismatching with the file upload. Or An issue with your host.

As far as I know, there arent any mods that will change the server.properties file. But I have seen servers behave erratically in the above scenarios. Some hosts have forced limitations, too. I'd recommend stopping the server entirely, deleting the server.properties file, uploading the updated file and restart.

Last edited:

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
Running my own linux server on an Intel NUC, so host is definitely not the issue :)

... but you did give me an idea!

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
So turns out I never saw the setting "allow nether" within my AMP server manager (MCMA3) despite having stared at the screen for hours.

Problem solved!

Reactions: Drbretto