Request Looking for help building a modpack

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
I guess I've bitten off more than I can chew, so I'm looking for a helping hand to get this project finished before the community moves away from MC 1.12.2.

Experience not necessary; this is my first project too and we were all noobies are some point.

I intend for all the scripts/assets used in the pack to be fully open for others to use or dissect and learn from- to that regard I've also made a 'Behind the Scenes' thread, which I'll keep updating as I learn more.

A few of the key features I'm aiming for would be: integration magic and technology (how would our technology work with the availability of magic?), the automation/logistical puzzles of the mid/late game, enhanced (not brutal) survival mechanics, and exploration (different worlds/dimensions).

The overall difficulty of the pack is 'tough, but fair' so hopefully it'll provide meaningful challenges and a sense of accomplishment without needlessly grinding the player's face in the mud.

Notable mods include: Gregtech:CE, Railcraft, Forestry, Immersive Engineering, Tinkers Construct (smeltery only mind!), Abyssalcraft, Botania, Thaumcraft

Few of the things I need help with;
  • Using Github. (Its my first time)
  • CraftTweaker recipes (changing/adding/removing recipes)
  • Worldgen (mostly balance and sanity checks. Some scripting with CoFHworld)
  • Artwork and graphics. (thread/launcher banners, pack icons, in-game block/item textures).
  • Playtesting and balancing/feedback. Intentionally breaking stuff (in-game) is welcome too!
  • Some aspects of the pack's design require improvement.
If this is something you're interested in; post a reply or send me a PM and I'll link you up with the Issue Tracker and Discord Channel.
(if you prefer something other than Discord, please let me know).

Last edited:
C

coydgaming

Hi i would love to help you make your mod-pack!

Last edited: