Fastest farming method

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Do you feel garden Cloches to be OP?

• Total voters

APEX_gaming

Jul 23, 2017
So I'm curious what you guys have found the fastest farming method to be. I plan to make a MASSIVE AA canola oil farm, and I want to find the fastest way to farm crops. So far the best farming method is the IE garden cloche, not only are they extremely fast by default, but they're also the smallest method, easily out producing a full on farming station from EIO in a 1 block footprint. However, they have the disadvantage of not being able to be boosted by growth rate -increasing methods, so what I want to know if these can the can beat the growing power of the cloche.

The main thing that comes to mind are the ender IO farming station with bone meal, aa Greenhouse glass, AA worms, Rustic beehives, and those lily pad of fertility things. That's a lot of boosts, clearly, but it's also a lot of space, and expense, so you could probably use a ton of clothes in the same amount of space at much greater speed and less cost...

The second this that came to mind is the Calculator greenhouse, however, I have never really played with that one, and I recall the top tier need being really, really expensive, so again the cloches come out on top...

So anyways, what are your primary methods for mass crop harvesting? I would like to see how many of you came up with something creative. Now please excuse me while I complain to bluesunrise about the clothes being to powerfully and give constructive advice on how to fix it.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Minefactory Reloaded got them beat if you set it up right.

Planter, Harvester, and Fertilizer are the three machines you need to actually produce, plus you need a Sewer over by your cows and the whatever it was that takes the sewage and produces fertilizer.

In a 3x3 area, it would be producing FAR more than a Cloche would as long as you could keep the Fertilizer stocked with fertilizer. You could combine this with AA's worms and greenhouse glass to further improve production rates.

APEX_gaming

Jul 23, 2017
Minefactory Reloaded got them beat if you set it up right.

Planter, Harvester, and Fertilizer are the three machines you need to actually produce, plus you need a Sewer over by your cows and the whatever it was that takes the sewage and produces fertilizer.

In a 3x3 area, it would be producing FAR more than a Cloche would as long as you could keep the Fertilizer stocked with fertilizer. You could combine this with AA's worms and greenhouse glass to further improve production rates.
But isn't MFR still locked to 1.7.10?

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Yes, but as hard as the standard Torcherino is on servers, most of them had compressed variants totally disabled.

Also, Beyond stopped updating as far as I can tell. So if you want more mods, you'll have to do it yourself. Presumably they've moved on to newer versions of MC.

Boerny

Feb 4, 2019
If you want the fastest Methode you are limiter to 20 growths per second (20 ticks = 1sec). First of all you build many growth crystals tier 3 from tiny progressions. After that you put some idk around 4 clocks on an dark matter pedestal from projecte. (just the clocks will let the seeds go mad and unable for any harvester to harvest but here they will increase the rate at wich the growth crystal ticks which increases the rate the crops tick)
Since no harvester will ever get this fast you got 2 options: mechanical user/autonomous activator with either unbreakable tinkers hoe or with horn of the wild from botania.
And there you go a lot and I mean alot of lag and more crop essence in 1 sec than you will ever need

Reddis

Jul 29, 2019
Garden Cloches are op because of what they do, but they are not op because of the recipe involved in making them. IMO they are no different than automating resources with a void miner, a sieve, quantum quarry, or any other such device.

Boerny

Feb 4, 2019
I don't understand what you have with your garden cloches they don't grow the crop quick at all and use power. Better spend the power in an imagine time block for faster grow, no fertilizer use and you get an 11x11 radius

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
But cloches cannot have their crops trampled, they auto harvest and auto-output, and do so without any sort of fertilizer input. They're too strong only because they're cheap. Something Enigmatica 2 fixed neatly.

Boerny

Feb 4, 2019
True you can't be stupid and trample your crops but beside that it's useless. It is so slow that all the benefits don't matter. I don't need 1 essence every 20sec I want 10 in 1second

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I mean, cloches really AREN'T slow by default. And when you put fertiliser in them they're even faster.

It may be that certain modpacks change their speed, I don't know - but they are NOT slow. 10 in 1 second is Ludicrous Speed, of course :D

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Then you are beyond my ability to comprehend why you would want such a thing. It's so different from the way I play.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
If you want the fastest Methode you are limiter to 20 growths per second (20 ticks = 1sec). First of all you build many growth crystals tier 3 from tiny progressions. After that you put some idk around 4 clocks on an dark matter pedestal from projecte. (just the clocks will let the seeds go mad and unable for any harvester to harvest but here they will increase the rate at wich the growth crystal ticks which increases the rate the crops tick)
Since no harvester will ever get this fast you got 2 options: mechanical user/autonomous activator with either unbreakable tinkers hoe or with horn of the wild from botania.
And there you go a lot and I mean alot of lag and more crop essence in 1 sec than you will ever need
Congratulations on bumping a two-year old post discussing 1.10.2 era mods with your discussion on 1.12.2 mods from a pack which didn't exist at the time of the original thread.