Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
S

Saramis

I figure this is the right place to ask this, i used to play on the FTB monster pack and just started playing again with friends on a new server. Sadly the old monster pack has not been updated since about 2015 and lags something awful plus has a few mods that are not completed like forestry. Would anyone happen to know of a pack thats similar but updated to the old monster pack of old? i love the mods in it but it would be overwhelming to try and find atleast 50 mods updated versions to put them together right now

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I figure this is the right place to ask this, i used to play on the FTB monster pack and just started playing again with friends on a new server. Sadly the old monster pack has not been updated since about 2015 and lags something awful plus has a few mods that are not completed like forestry. Would anyone happen to know of a pack thats similar but updated to the old monster pack of old? i love the mods in it but it would be overwhelming to try and find atleast 50 mods updated versions to put them together right now

You could give the latest FTB packs a try. Continuum and Revelation have loads of the latest mods.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
You could give the latest FTB packs a try. Continuum and Revelation have loads of the latest mods.
continuum would only give you a butchered view of a few new mods.(as monster was not a pack with big recipe tweaks continuum also fails that)
Revelation is a good one to try though for that feel i agree. as for a second one that uses common but (relatively) new mods the direwolf20 pack for 1.12 also fits the criteria(although revelations probably does match your criteria better though)

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019

The Feed The Beast team just released a new modpack yesterday called "FTB Ultimate Reloaded" which is a Minecraft v1.12.2 modpack so it has all the latest and greatest mods...but its a re-make of one of the first hugely popular "kitchen sink" FTB modpacks called FTB Ultimate which ran on the Minecraft v1.4.7 platform (from four years ago or so).

FTB Ultimate was the first "modded minecraft" I ever played, so I have fond memories of it. I'm not certain the new version will live up to my memories, but one thing is for sure - the Reloaded version will run FAR better than the original modpack does (and I know because I recently tried to run it and ended up deleting it after just a few minutes of play, it was almost unplayable due to all the stuttering). The "stability" of minecraft has come a long way since the days of v1.4.7 that's for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Everlasting2
L

LAzio

I have a mechanical squeezer with ore chunks feeding into them to crush into powder/dust. i am using 3rd tier servos to try to duct the dust to a diamond furnace. The servo was transfering the chunks before they could get squeezed, so i blacklisted the chunks. now it is not transfering my dust to the furnace. My question being, how do i get my dust to transfer through itemduct to my furnace?

L

LAzio

I have a mechanical squeezer with ore chunks feeding into them to crush into powder/dust. i am using 3rd tier servos to try to duct the dust to a diamond furnace. The servo was transfering the chunks before they could get squeezed, so i blacklisted the chunks. now it is not transfering my dust to the furnace. My question being, how do i get my dust to transfer through itemduct to my furnace?

i also tried whitelisting the dust and the couple chinks that cant be squeezed

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Has anyone entered the Spirit World in Infinity Evolved Skyblock? I've never gone there in a skyblock, and I'm a little worried that it might also be a void world. (At least I know which direction to swim if it's really a re-creation of what would have been in the Overworld.)

Crimson_Eclipse

Jul 29, 2019
Why does the FTB legacy Launcher require you to re-download the entire modpack when there is an update for it, instead of downloading and replacing only the stuff that has changed? like the AT Launcher for example, all it does when you need to update a modpack is download what has actually been changed, not requiring the entire modpack to be re-downloaded saving a boat load of time in the process.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Why does the FTB legacy Launcher require you to re-download the entire modpack when there is an update for it, instead of downloading and replacing only the stuff that has changed? like the AT Launcher for example, all it does when you need to update a modpack is download what has actually been changed, not requiring the entire modpack to be re-downloaded saving a boat load of time in the process.
Why did europeans use chamber pots instead of running water and toilets, which are obviously and clearly superior?

Reactions: glepet1962

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
What are good sources of Essence in Industrial Foregoing without other mods? I have tried cow ranching, but it was too slow.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I have an interesting idea for an FTB package, where can I suggest it?
While there is a suggestions thread pinned on this board, I have to ask - why not assemble it yourself? The Twitch/Curse app makes it fairly easy.

N

NVaYaD

[QUOTE = "OniyaMCD, post: 2009395, member: 202260»] Хотя на этой доске закреплена ветка с предложениями, я должен спросить - почему бы не собрать ее самостоятельно? Приложение Twitch / Curse делает это довольно легко. [/ QUOTE]
You suggest to create a topic? If so then I'm not a member of FTB and not the fact that we with our theme hear.

N

NVaYaD

I have to ask - why not assemble it yourself? The Twitch/Curse app makes it fairly easy.
If you offered to do it yourself? If so, I do it badly, do not understand thaumcraft, botania, mekanism, rf tools. And in FTB you know it's all in the source code and use it. They're better. to play someone else's build is more interesting than mine. Translated by Yandex translator

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
What are good sources of Essence in Industrial Foregoing without other mods? I have tried cow ranching, but it was too slow.
A mob farm of some sort with the IF Mob Crusher doing the kills. Easiest would be a vanilla spawner, but that would mean having to AFK.

A dark room with some way to funnel your mobs is good, but you'll have to light up the surrounding area to get a decent rate.

Cursed earth means you don't need to bother with lighting up but, of course, that's from another mod (extrautilities2).

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
if u want something more automatic(also not needing to afk in a certain tiny spot) u could try a build with a resourceful furnace cooking stuff (the build would just need to get a way to not need external item inputs, maybe a cobble gen?or a sand gen would cover that part)

Reactions: Tylor