What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
That's kinda disappointing, to be honest, I was already imaging like a cobblestone generator that produces millions of cobblestone a second, and then feeds it all into the black hole producing millions of RF/t.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I don't know if this is intentional or not, but having a Watch of Flowing Time in my inventory turned to Fast-Forward seems to speed the day along, even when its not in its "on" (golden) mode.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Bringing back muh thread.

So the fishing machine from Industrial Foregoing produces basically anything you can dredge up with a fishing rod. Including mostly broken but enchanted Bows and Fishing Rods.

Now these are pretty useless, but they all have several thousands of points of EMC if you use ProjectE. So, instead of letting them fill up my storage with unstackable crappiness, I'm feeding them into my energy condenser and using them to make me Red Matter. Got Red Matter tool heads, so this is handy to have.

Also I can put most of the fish from Pam's harvestcraft into a bioreactor to make supplemental energy :D

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Oh hai, I was grinding some certus quartz to make seeds so I could make myself some pure certus quartz crystals, but I forgot to turn the eject off on my crusher.

Then I looked in the enricher it outputs into and found this:

Capture.png

That's one to remember for the future :D

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Oh hai, I was grinding some certus quartz to make seeds so I could make myself some pure certus quartz crystals, but I forgot to turn the eject off on my crusher.

Then I looked in the enricher it outputs into and found this:

Capture.png

That's one to remember for the future :D
:eek:

That's a teeny bit broken! :D

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
A couple of weeks ago I discovered that equipping a creative flux capacitor (Draconic) while you have a Flux Networks wireless charging switched on, all your power immediately disappears.
I've seen this in action during Direwolf20's Modern Skyblock 3 series - it is a sucky thing :(

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
To me it was a hilarious thing! I had a reasonable amount of power gen so my systems were back online pretty quickly when I found out what was happening. I skipped his Modern Skyblock, I don't tend to watch sky/stoneblocks.
Ah OK :) It IS pretty funny I guess -

"look I've got this thing of infinite power! Mwahahah-wait where's all my power gone?"

B

BaconsTV

Well not today, but from Ozone 2, The ROPE LADDER! I do watch a number of youtubers and I have not seen anyone use the Rope ladder, 3 sticks and 6 string gets you 8. You probably are wondering WTF do I want that for, its simple. Skyblocks, you dont need to do the whole water thing to get down a few levels to make a pad under a pad lol. Just make the amount of blocks you want to go down (Max of 64) stick it to your current pad, go down your ladder, look at the very last block of ladder and click so that you place a block which it would then be placed to the front side of the ladder (as usual) , remove the last block of rope ladder and place your next block to the previous block you made and now you have a 2*1 pad, no fuss, no bobbing up and down and fear of falling if you keep SHIFT held down.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I've just realised something dim I've been doing in thermal expansion since. ..well since the upgradeable machine tiers came out.

I've literally only just noticed that dynamos can be upgraded like all the other machines.

So my current farm of almost 200 magmatic dynamos (all basic, meant as a secondary to take up the slack when my Mekanism solar generators turn off at night) is about to become utterly ludicrous.

Only downside is I'll need more pylons to output to the Draconicc Energy thingy but heh, small details.

Colin has the recipe for resonant conversion kits all set up, so 192 of them shouldn't be an issue...

D

darkstormshade

I found out that quicksand is extremely effective for a mob grinder. It's especially good if you don't want to get xp from mobs, only their drops.