Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
They used to back in the day. Now it just does the loot. Gold does xp and only xp, iron does only loot, but non player kill loot, and wood weakens without killing.

No biggie, though, I just added my spinny murder machine back. I kinda missed it anyway. I just won't bother upgrading it this time.

doxiMAN_MAN

Jul 4, 2016
What's the best kind of bow and arrows to make (crossbow, longbow or shortbow and arrows) and which materials should i make them out of?

Nashannata

Feb 10, 2015
U Mean made in Thinkers?
I Pref other Bow's like Energetic Bow with Infinity ENchantment and normal Arrows.

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
StoneBlock 1.0.26 minecraft version 1.12.2

Then let me introduce you to the wonderful world of PlusTiC's Laser Guns! No projectile,so you don't need to lead the target. The use both energy and durability,so watch out. Furthermore,most parts provide all of their modifiers. To make a Laser Gun,you need to make the following...

-A Laser Medium. This determines the Laser Gun's damage and maximum range; If you wouldn't hit an enemy,then it won't fire at all,saving you energy and durability. Unfortunately,they can only be made of extremely specific materials; Refined Glowstone is an excellent choice,and should hold you over until you can get the Chaos Cores you need to make a Chaotic Laser Medium.
-A Pipe Piece. No idea what it determines,but you should throw on either Endstone,End Steel,or Dark Steel for the Enderference modifier. This'll keep Endermen from teleporting about when shot. An Osgolglass Pipe Piece is also a good one to have,thanks to it having the Sassy effect,which lets you crit bosses. If you do this,be sure to Emboss with one of the other mentioned Pipe Pieces using a Block of Gold,and a Magma Slime Crystal,Green Slime Crystal,and Blue Slime Crystal.
-A Battery Cell. Determines your energy capacity,and Manyullyn is an excellent choice. Huge energy reserve,combined with both Insatiable and Cold-Blooded. Your first shot'll deal double advertised damage,and every shot thereafter will have increasing damage.
-A Tough Rod. Go for Bone. It'll provide yet more damage.

Laser Guns use both durability and energy. That's two resources to manage,and Laser Guns tend towards the fragile. However,considering the fact that Stoneblock lets you infinitely farm nearly every resource under the sun,that shouldn't be an issue.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Playing Stoneblock modpack and I've made all the chickens from the "Roost" mod except for five which have no recipe in JEI (they have no cross-breeding recipe, only a spawn egg which also has no recipe shown).
How do I acquire these five chickens? Maybe the drop is some kind of clue?
  • MrAmericanChick (drops Banner?)
  • Funwaychick (drops Fireworks?)
  • Chickenosto (drops Cake?)
  • Boop Beep Chick (drops Grass Block?)
  • Smart Chicken (unknown drop)
Edit #1: The Smart Chicken might be from Chickens mod, during my search for answers I found this:
"smart chicken: give a vanilla chicken a book and it will become smart enough to use henhouse"

Edit #2: Found this, seems like these five chickens are not worth anybody's time:
"You're missing Funwaychick (feed TNT, drops fireworks), Boop Beep Chick (feed grass block, drops grass blocks), and MrAmericanChick (feed banner, drops black banners).
IIRC Chickenosto is fed cake and drops cake, and Smart Chickens only drop vanilla eggs (I wish they dropped books!)."

Last edited:

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Playing Stoneblock modpack and I've made all the chickens from the "Roost" mod except for five which have no recipe in JEI (they have no cross-breeding recipe, only a spawn egg which also has no recipe shown).
How do I acquire these five chickens? Maybe the drop is some kind of clue?
  • MrAmericanChick (drops Banner?)
  • Funwaychick (drops Fireworks?)
  • Chickenosto (drops Cake?)
  • Boop Beep Chick (drops Grass Block?)
  • Smart Chicken (unknown drop)
Edit #1: The Smart Chicken might be from Chickens mod, during my search for answers I found this:
"smart chicken: give a vanilla chicken a book and it will become smart enough to use henhouse"

Edit #2: Found this, seems like these five chickens are not worth anybody's time:
"You're missing Funwaychick (feed TNT, drops fireworks), Boop Beep Chick (feed grass block, drops grass blocks), and MrAmericanChick (feed banner, drops black banners).
IIRC Chickenosto is fed cake and drops cake, and Smart Chickens only drop vanilla eggs (I wish they dropped books!)."
Yep, smart chicken is just a book and the chicken item crafted together (I think, or maybe right clicked, I forget). Perhaps the others work the same?

doxiMAN_MAN

Jul 4, 2016
Then let me introduce you to the wonderful world of PlusTiC's Laser Guns! No projectile,so you don't need to lead the target. The use both energy and durability,so watch out. Furthermore,most parts provide all of their modifiers. To make a Laser Gun,you need to make the following...

-A Laser Medium. This determines the Laser Gun's damage and maximum range; If you wouldn't hit an enemy,then it won't fire at all,saving you energy and durability. Unfortunately,they can only be made of extremely specific materials; Refined Glowstone is an excellent choice,and should hold you over until you can get the Chaos Cores you need to make a Chaotic Laser Medium.
-A Pipe Piece. No idea what it determines,but you should throw on either Endstone,End Steel,or Dark Steel for the Enderference modifier. This'll keep Endermen from teleporting about when shot. An Osgolglass Pipe Piece is also a good one to have,thanks to it having the Sassy effect,which lets you crit bosses. If you do this,be sure to Emboss with one of the other mentioned Pipe Pieces using a Block of Gold,and a Magma Slime Crystal,Green Slime Crystal,and Blue Slime Crystal.
-A Battery Cell. Determines your energy capacity,and Manyullyn is an excellent choice. Huge energy reserve,combined with both Insatiable and Cold-Blooded. Your first shot'll deal double advertised damage,and every shot thereafter will have increasing damage.
-A Tough Rod. Go for Bone. It'll provide yet more damage.

Laser Guns use both durability and energy. That's two resources to manage,and Laser Guns tend towards the fragile. However,considering the fact that Stoneblock lets you infinitely farm nearly every resource under the sun,that shouldn't be an issue.
thank u so much! Also, is there a way to make the laser gun stronger than a draconic bow? Because I just switched to it before I saw this post.

Last edited:

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
In previous worlds, if I had set up a skeleton spawner in the nether, it would spawn like 90% wither skeletons. I did this this morning. I get nothing but regular skeletons. What up with that?

Bonus question: I was actually hoping to use that spawner for like 5 minutes to get a drop of evil to find out what happens when you run cursed earth in the nether. But since I was obviously not able to do that, anyone know before I go manually find one and waste it on nothing? Will it spawn the same mobs it spawns in the overworld, or will it spawn nether mobs?

Honestly, at this point, I should just make powered spawners instead of trying to get cute.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
In previous worlds, if I had set up a skeleton spawner in the nether, it would spawn like 90% wither skeletons. I did this this morning. I get nothing but regular skeletons. What up with that?

Bonus question: I was actually hoping to use that spawner for like 5 minutes to get a drop of evil to find out what happens when you run cursed earth in the nether. But since I was obviously not able to do that, anyone know before I go manually find one and waste it on nothing? Will it spawn the same mobs it spawns in the overworld, or will it spawn nether mobs?

Honestly, at this point, I should just make powered spawners instead of trying to get cute.
In previous versions, Cursed Earth have mimicked the natural spawns of the location you put it in. So in the Nether you would get nether mobs. It will however not spawn Blazes or Wither skellies unless it is placed in(or around) a Fortress.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
ahh.. good thing I asked because I put it no where near a fortress. I wonder if that's what's breaking the skeleton spawner thing (though in other versions, that was not near the fortress either).

Though, now that I think about it, it could be the biome. I do have some extra nether biomes going on.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
What are the benefits of the various armor sets in the Stoneblock pack?
I can make Supremium or Draconic, Infinity will take a while to make all the Infinity Catalysts. And when I say a while... :eek:
Any other options for taking on the Chaos Guardians? I've not done that before in any pack.

Last edited:

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
What are the benefits of the various armor sets in the Stoneblock pack?
I can make Supremium or Draconic, Infinity will take a while to make all the Infinity Catalysts. And when I say a while... :eek:
Any other options for taking on the Chaos Guardians? I've not done that before in any pack.
unless your wearing the infinity robes , draconic(with lots of upgrades) is the only other armor that can survive the chaos guardian in that pack

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Speaking of draconic armor...

Never did a deep dive. Ws going to this time and I'm about there. One of the descriptions said it had night vision. Can you disable this? I do not want permanent night vision.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Speaking of draconic armor...

Never did a deep dive. Ws going to this time and I'm about there. One of the descriptions said it had night vision. Can you disable this? I do not want permanent night vision.
toggle-able in the helms config screen just like the speed boost the pants give

Reactions: Drbretto

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
OK, good answer, haha.

Now, the bigger question. I have heard some people say they just skip over the first tier and go straight to the orange suit. Is this actually feasible? It looks like you need the draconic tier crafter thingies just to make them, as well as a bunch of infused ingots. Is it still better to go ahead and skip to 'em?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
OK, good answer, haha.

Now, the bigger question. I have heard some people say they just skip over the first tier and go straight to the orange suit. Is this actually feasible? It looks like you need the draconic tier crafter thingies just to make them, as well as a bunch of infused ingots. Is it still better to go ahead and skip to 'em?
You still need to make the Wyvern armour to make the Draconic stuff as each piece uses the previous tier in fusion crafting.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
yes, I get that. What I mean is some people were saying not to bother upgrading the wyvern armor and just going straight to draconic. IE, I just spent 4 nether stars making the wyvern set. Should I go ahead and upgrade that, or should I just hold off and use those pieces to craft the next set. IOW, is the next set not as much of a pain to make as it looks or no?