Good Processor for Mooded Minecraft

S

SwankyOrc

I'm currently running the AMD FX-8320E, and it's not working so well. I need some suggestion on a new Processor that can handle modded Minecraft.

Dezz

Jul 13, 2013
If you're still on the FX series, you wont get any major upgrades unless you switch out your motherboard. New Ryzen line is pretty good if you want to stick with AMD.

S

SwankyOrc

Every time i try to start playing i will get stuck in the map loading screen. I just dont understand whats going on. My cpu is runing at 100% and my computer is slowing doen

Dezz

Jul 13, 2013
Every time i try to start playing i will get stuck in the map loading screen. I just dont understand whats going on. My cpu is runing at 100% and my computer is slowing doen
That's because your CPU is on a very very outdated building architecture. It is NOT a strong CPU by any means and has aged very poorly when placed up against modern architecture. I used to run an FX-8350.

S

SwankyOrc

So which CPU would u recomend, i dont mind swaping out everything else. Also in running a GTX 1080 ti

Dezz

Jul 13, 2013
So which CPU would u recomend, i dont mind swaping out everything else. Also in running a GTX 1080 ti
You are running a 1080ti on a fx-8320? Jesus, that’s like putting a v8 engine on a kid’s bicycle.
If money is apparently not an issue, grab yourself a newer gen i7, maybe an i7 8700k or i7 7700k, and either a z370 or z270 board respectively

S

SwankyOrc

Hey dude thx for ur help. I just got that 1080ti recently so thats y i ask which cpu should i get

Dezz

Jul 13, 2013
Hey dude thx for ur help. I just got that 1080ti recently so thats y i ask which cpu should i get
No problem, just make sure you are thorough and make sure that all your parts are compatible. If you get an 7700k, make sure it is a z270 board, and if you get an 8700k it is on a z370 board.

Dezz

Jul 13, 2013
Hey Dezz what about the ryzen 7?
Pretty great line up honestly. Does not have the raw power of an i7 but the price is really great value. Fantastic for things that use parallel processing like video editing and things like that. It would not be as good as an i7 for Minecraft but it would still be really great if you are playing at 60fps.

M

MGlolenstine

I'm currently running the AMD FX-8320E, and it's not working so well. I need some suggestion on a new Processor that can handle modded Minecraft.
I am currently running slightly overclocked fx-8320E and most of the modpacks run fairly well, well over 120fps. But I don't have it bottlenecking my GPU, as I have paired it with HD7950. Your GPU is too strong. Also, I'd really suggest you go eith Ryzen, as it has good single core performance, which is important in Minecraft, also you can assign certain cored to certain processes, for example, Minecraft and OBS to different cores, so they don't steal eachother's power. But at the end, the choice is yours.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Dezz

Jul 13, 2013
I am currently running slightly overclocked fx-8320E and most of the modpacks run fairly well, well over 120fps. But I don't have it bottlenecking my GPU, as I have paired it with HD7950. Your GPU is too strong. Also, I'd really suggest you go eith Ryzen, as it has good single core performance, which is important in Minecraft, also you can assign certain cored to certain processes, for example, Minecraft and OBS to different cores, so they don't steal eachother's power. But at the end, the choice is yours.

That boggles my mind that you get good FPS on that. That architecture was left in the late 2000s for a reason lol

Reactions: MGlolenstine
M

MGlolenstine

That boggles my mind that you get good FPS on that. That architecture was left in the late 2000s for a reason lol
It's currently the best budget build combo, because you can build a quite powerful pc for under 260€... Well sure, it's hard to get a non-mined-on hd7950, but other than that, it's still good. Gonna be upgrading to a better computer either way, as I record a lot and encoding takes ages to complete.