StoneBlock Save cant' be found?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

aceofserberit

Jul 29, 2019
Hello.

A few days ago I had the game running in the backround, when my computer decided to be a prick and I had to force a shut down.
Since then when I log in to the StoneBlock pack it says I don't have any save file, but looking in the folder it is there.

I tried updating the pack: Nothing. I tried making a copy of the save and un- reinstalling the pack and putting the save back: Once agin, nothing.

Is there any way at all to recover the save?

PS: I already made a post in TechSupport as I thought it was topical, but it's still awaiting moderation after over 50 hours and I really want help

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Stoneblock doesn't seem to do well with recovery. About a week ago we had power 'glitches' on successive days, Saturday and Sunday. In both cases I was playing Stoneblock, and in both cases all that remained of each world was the Journey map. The rest of the world just reset itself to ground zero.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
So Stoneblock by default has the FTBU doing backups. You should look for the backup folder in the Stone block instance and you should be able to recover your game there.

aceofserberit

Jul 29, 2019
So Stoneblock by default has the FTBU doing backups. You should look for the backup folder in the Stone block instance and you should be able to recover your game there.

I can't find any Backup folder. I took a screen shot of my whole StoneBlock folder contents

Attachments

• Skärmbild (173).png
    Skärmbild (173).png
    60.8 KB · Views: 394

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Interesting... I'll have to look tonight. I know on the stoneblock server I run it creates a backup directory and stores the data there. But I don't know about SP.

aceofserberit

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting... I'll have to look tonight. I know on the stoneblock server I run it creates a backup directory and stores the data there. But I don't know about SP.

and it's not like the save is gone. it's still there in the saves folder. The game just refuses to read it.

And thanks. I was so far in with stuff that I don't think I could handle clawing my way back up from scratch. almost ALL chickens at 10/10/10. And a full 7x7 inferium farm, with 2 being tier 6 and rest 5

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
So I did some testing a few minutes ago and the backup folder should have been in the png screenshot you provided earlier. But I also found a backup inside of the saves folder. Do you by any chance have one there? It would be a zip file.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
and it's not like the save is gone. it's still there in the saves folder. The game just refuses to read it.

And are you 100% certain that everything in said save is still intact?

Because in that case I would say copy it to another location, create a new save (ideally with the same seed) and copy the level.dat file over from the new save to the old one.

Also
of the save and un- reinstalling the
Bad move, unless you made a backup of everything there is a good chance you removed the backups of your world.

aceofserberit

Jul 29, 2019

Because in that case I would say copy it to another location, create a new save (ideally with the same seed) and copy the level.dat file over from the new save to the old one.

Also

Bad move, unless you made a backup of everything there is a good chance you removed the backups of your world.

Thanks I'll try the level.dat file thing.

I did mention I made a copy of my save. was there something else I was supposed make a copy of.

And I can't say 100% that the save is perfectly fine. as I don't know how it's normaly supposed to look. But I don't see anything particulary strange

aceofserberit

Jul 29, 2019
So I did some testing a few minutes ago and the backup folder should have been in the png screenshot you provided earlier. But I also found a backup inside of the saves folder. Do you by any chance have one there? It would be a zip file.

no such file

aceofserberit

Jul 29, 2019

Also

did the level.dat file thing. didn't work T_T

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
ROFL backups are not saved in the file. \Documents\Curse\Minecraft\Backups should be there.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
You can try that first. Just unzip to desktop the copy and paste in folder for saves. There was a way to do it in a pack but I forgot.

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
Make sure to rename or move the old save out before moving the unzipped backup in. If you don;e it will try to merge the 2 directories and could make the unzipped backup corrupt also.

I have had this same thing happen to me before, was a windows update in my case that decided it REALLY wanted to install right away.