Drill mod for 1.12.2?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
D

Daihok

Does anyone know if there is a mod for drills for 1.12.2? I know actually additions and thermal innovation both have drills but looking for a mod with just drills. Just need something without all the extra stuff. Trying to make a very light modpack keeping most things close to vanilla but want afew nice things such as drills or a multi-tool that can do 3x3 like drills

Last edited:
C

Citron

There's a drill in Immersive Engineering mod, but every mods I found are outdated.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I hate to say it but I think Thermal Innovation might be your best bet. It requires Thermal Foundation, and you could potentially change the recipes so that they have completely different requirements. It is fairly light in itself, though Thermal Foundation is less so (as it also requires CoFH Core and CoFH world). But its the only one I've seen that comes close, having done a quick search on Minecraft Curseforge.

Let me see... there IS a mod called Sparks Hammers, it adds hammers and excavators in a Tinker's style. You'll want to have a look to make sure its suitable, perhaps disable a couple of things (can be done with Craft Tweaker) but overall I think it might be ideal actually.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
I hate to say it but I think Thermal Innovation might be your best bet. It requires Thermal Foundation, and you could potentially change the recipes so that they have completely different requirements. It is fairly light in itself, though Thermal Foundation is less so (as it also requires CoFH Core and CoFH world). But its the only one I've seen that comes close, having done a quick search on Minecraft Curseforge.

Let me see... there IS a mod called Sparks Hammers, it adds hammers and excavators in a Tinker's style. You'll want to have a look to make sure its suitable, perhaps disable a couple of things (can be done with Craft Tweaker) but overall I think it might be ideal actually.

I would agree, Thermal Innovation is going to be the most 'pure' 'just a drill' mod out there in 1.12.2. You'll need CoFH Core and Thermal Foundation as dependencies. I don't think CoFH Core is dependent upon CoFH World, I think it is actually the other way around, but I could be wrong. However, unless you have another worldgen mod to add in the TF ores, you're probably going to need CoFH World to make sure they are included in the world so you can make the drills themselves.

I know in 1.7 and maybe 1.10 there was an RFDrills mod, but I don't think it was updated to 1.12.2.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I would agree, Thermal Innovation is going to be the most 'pure' 'just a drill' mod out there in 1.12.2. You'll need CoFH Core and Thermal Foundation as dependencies. I don't think CoFH Core is dependent upon CoFH World, I think it is actually the other way around, but I could be wrong. However, unless you have another worldgen mod to add in the TF ores, you're probably going to need CoFH World to make sure they are included in the world so you can make the drills themselves.

I know in 1.7 and maybe 1.10 there was an RFDrills mod, but I don't think it was updated to 1.12.2.
Yeah, I think there are a couple of 1.10 ones but no 1.12 alas. Sorry, I meant that TF is dependent on both CoFH Core and CoFH world, not that core was dependent on world! :)

I'm pretty sure you need the dependencies for it regardless, but you could disable the ores etc if you wanted to and crafttweak the recipes to require different things. Long story short, you need Thermal Foundation to use Thermal Innovation, and you need CoFH Core and CoFH World to use Thermal Foundation.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
I was searching through Open-Source drill mods and I found this fork of SuperMultiDrills : https://github.com/Shadows-of-Fire/SuperMultiDrills
I don't know if it works, but it looks like an update attempt. I'll try to compile it when I'm home, if it works you'll know it.
With all due respect, he's looking for an addition to a mod pack, not an unstable alphadev that you have to manually compile. Github is probably not going to be a place to find what he is looking for.

C

Citron

With all due respect, he's looking for an addition to a mod pack, not an unstable alphadev that you have to manually compile. Github is probably not going to be a place to find what he is looking for.
You're right. And I can't even compile it, so.. XD

D

Daihok

Thanks for all the feedback guys, yea trying to decide between sparks hammers and Hammer time mod. Both look good and seems they would fit closely to vanilla.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame